Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mail2Web services

Mail2web gonna no longer be free .....NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

I just got a email saying after May 1st, we are all gonna pay! boo-hoo.

and to me 4.95 a month is too much..... this starts may 1...gonna have to go fully with 7mail.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mail2Web services

Hmmm... I have others mention this but i have yet to receive an Email or any other notification to this addition of a fee for service.......an interesting conundrum! Although i can still access my Gmail through PIE, its a bit of a pain to actually remember to do it...gonna have to do some searching and see what i can find.....
The Following User Says Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

Mail2web gonna no longer be free .....NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

I just got a email saying after May 1st, we are all gonna pay! boo-hoo.

and to me 4.95 a month is too much..... this starts may 1...gonna have to go fully with 7mail.

you kidding right !!!! i never got the email...oh well bye bye mail2web i kinda like 7mail myself but man it drains the shit out of the battery no matter how i set it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

you kidding right !!!! i never got the email...oh well bye bye mail2web i kinda like 7mail myself but man it drains the shit out of the battery no matter how i set it.
yup thats true i have noticed the same but it is the best alternative to mail2web.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 AM

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well I checked the site for mail2web.com and it does now say that its $4.95 but I have not seen anything that says that they are ending their free services.....i would venture to think (yeah, I konw that is a dangerous proposition when I start to think) that they would be pasting their site with "Change of plans" or something...My thinking (oh there I go again) is that it would potentially destroy the traffic to their site.....I venture to guess that most are referred by other users.....Stupid move if it happens IMO

Does 7mail also sync? I might be having to look into them, but have not found them yet.....

--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 0323 --------

Tried to Edit, but my time limit expired...

In short they are not eliminating the free services....Initially you sign up for the plan and then within the 60 day trial time period you downgrade to basic (which is what I am using now) and there should be little or no difference (IMO) reference Email/Sync/Etc....

here is a direct link to what I found in their "Help/FAQ" section:

Code

http://services.mail2web.com/Help/OnlineHelp/HelpFree/Default.asp
--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 1128 --------

Thanks for the help Weesje.....I realized i oops'd the code after i posted......I either need more Full Throttle or stop trying to think at that time of the morning!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 AM

yeah but they said you could still have the email but it would cost money to use the activesync that they have..... this backs up all contacts for me so i can restore easily and have at anytime on a different server... i dont really even use the email address and activesync is what they will be charging for wont be in the basic package anymore...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View buttas12's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View buttas12's Photo Album Add buttas12's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yup, received the same email today. I was crushed.....it was so easy gettin my school email.....sigh...lol. Oh well....seems like 7mail is the way to go. Never heard of it, but I'll give it a try.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buttas12 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 04:26 PM

I just got their Email today and am not a happy camper! Spent way too much time on their site last night, finding the link that I posted and then read the Email today......ARGH.....What I find interesting, is the "Increased performance" that they promise.......and well since I am feeling a bit froggy right now, I think I am going to jump.....gonna get in contact with their reps and see exactly what kind of "increased performance" they have and push them for a recommendation for another site.... should be interesting.....

--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 0525 --------

For those who care, this is what I sent their exchange people....

"ood afternoon,

I just received your Email reference migrating to a paid account. I am very curious what, exactly, can I expect as "service improvement?"

How are the new changes different from what you are currently running?

What other sites do you recommend to replace this service, if necessary?

Honestly, I fail to see any benefit in disenfranchising a huge number of people. I recognize that some will migrate, I might be one of them, but not likely. In that light, I would really like to know what benefits I will be able to see, as an end user.

Thank you,"

Quite frankly I expect a BS response from them, but it will be interesting to say the least!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

I just got their Email today and am not a happy camper! Spent way too much time on their site last night, finding the link that I posted and then read the Email today......ARGH.....What I find interesting, is the "Increased performance" that they promise.......and well since I am feeling a bit froggy right now, I think I am going to jump.....gonna get in contact with their reps and see exactly what kind of "increased performance" they have and push them for a recommendation for another site.... should be interesting.....

--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 0525 --------

For those who care, this is what I sent their exchange people....

"ood afternoon,

I just received your Email reference migrating to a paid account. I am very curious what, exactly, can I expect as "service improvement?"

How are the new changes different from what you are currently running?

What other sites do you recommend to replace this service, if necessary?

Honestly, I fail to see any benefit in disenfranchising a huge number of people. I recognize that some will migrate, I might be one of them, but not likely. In that light, I would really like to know what benefits I will be able to see, as an end user.

Thank you,"

Quite frankly I expect a BS response from them, but it will be interesting to say the least!

the word is if they response back to you...lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM

they said the push feature should be faster and not delayed like it has been since they started growing..... thus why they are charging so they can get more space for less people....... the wonders of the american mind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

they said the push feature should be faster and not delayed like it has been since they started growing..... thus why they are charging so they can get more space for less people....... the wonders of the american mind.
At least you got an answer that at least made a little sense....the response I got was just short of infuriating.... I am not going to post the whole thing, it will stink up the entire site with the amount of BS in it.....In short, they are moving the active sync to paid......but refused to include anything that makes it worth the while......the downside is that when my Outlook trial is over, i am not sure that i iwll continue to be able to sync to my computer.......I use a PIM backup, but would prefer something through activesync........

So i guess that the long and the short of it is, I either pony up the $4.95 or live without syncing and hoping that the PIM backup doesnt corrupt

Microsoft gets you coming and going.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've never used it, but there's

Code

dashwire.com
to back up contacts. Don't have time to try it right now but maybe someone here has already done it or someone can try it and let us know before I get a chance to later

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM

View buttas12's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View buttas12's Photo Album Add buttas12's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Does anyone know how to get 7mail? I been trying to do a search but I haven't found anything.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by buttas12 View Post

Does anyone know how to get 7mail? I been trying to do a search but I haven't found anything.

Code

http://community.seven.com/main.php

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 PM

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey I found this but can't get it to work. Its googles activesync...

Code

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299
I keep getting error code 0x85010004. I'm at work, so Ill try again later

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 AM

What are you trying to sync? I think the google sync is only for contacts and calendar. If you have other things checked (like email) it might be causing the error.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buttas12 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 AM

“ Originally Posted by buttas12 View Post

What are you trying to sync? I think the google sync is only for contacts and calendar. If you have other things checked (like email) it might be causing the error.
Yeah, I was only doing contacts and calender. I too like having the server to back up contacts so I can just enter the settings and have them without installing PIM backup. Plus its nice to have a backup of a backup just in case.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mrpants20 View Post

Hey I found this but can't get it to work. Its googles activesync...

Code

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299
I keep getting error code 0x85010004. I'm at work, so Ill try again later
I haven't used Google to sync calendars yet, but I've been looking into it, and as far as I understand it, with the first sync, one of your calendars has to be the "main" one and the other empty, and after that it will sync incrementally, but then again, I might of read it wrong. Should prob try it first...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 07:25 PM

Ok....over at HOFO, i am part of a similar thread....someone (sorry forgot who over there) came up with what seems to be a work around at least for Email......I have not tried it and dont know if it works, but looks pretty interesting....If someone has some free time might be worth lookin into.....If i get some play time this weekend i will take a look and see what i can come up with...

Basically it looks like using the free homepage will allow for the email to be forwarded to your phone via the free homepage rather than the active sync.........so no active sync for free still, but at least a possible Email workaround...

HTH

--------- New Post Merged on 16/4/2009 at 0851 --------

Ok i think its well known that i have now officially lost my mind....here is the link to the discussion at HOFO

Code

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=12492555#post12492555
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mail2web, services