gadget945 gadget945 is offline   Thread Starter  
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] Rant On Sprint Technical Support

Could one of you nice people please explain to me how a sprint "network event" would affect mine and my hubby's pros, but not my friend's pro or another friend's instinct? Advanced technical support is telling me that it is a network event that may or may not cause other sprint users to have issues connecting with services

I have been online with tech support chat for almost 5 hours now. Been on the phone with advanced tech support for over almost the same amount of time. We doubled up.

I do not understand how it could be a network event and someone on a different account not have an issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Rant On Sprint Technical Support

Just a thought but perhaps its not the phone network (the phone connecting to the cell towers) but an internal computer network problam involving a cmputer server or whatever.....if the server or whatever that controls your account information goes down, I am guessing that it will not recognize your phones and therefore youre in the pickle that you are in now.....that would be why someone else with a different account may not be having any issues what so ever....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Denver -

Appreciate it. I got a return call from Account Services and explained to her that there was something totally wrong going on. The reason why I was having an issue is because after 5 hours they told me it was a network issue. Sounded kinda fishy for me.

Will go ahead and flash another rom, thinking that the issue may be a conflict in the whole boat load of stuff I have loaded on my PPC.

It's wishful thinking, huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 PM

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Unless you and your hubby are running the exact same things that are doing the exact same things, I dont suspect that a new ROM will be the solution....(not to be negative by any means)....when you mentioned that it was both of yours that is why I was thinking of the internal server error recognizing your (and i assume you both are on the same account, different numbers) account
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 09:22 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Denver - I'm pretty sure that flashing to another rom won't fix the issue, but I can grasp at straws, huh? I'm just really frustrated right now is all. We both have wifirouter, think it's the wmwifirouter9.1 in both our PPCs. Last time I know for sure the web was working was before we both hooked up that evening. So I figured I could go clean slate and see if that fixes mine. I was wanting to try another anyway. Thanks for the lookout.

--------- New Post Merged on 17/4/2009 at 1111 --------

POSTING FROM MY PRO!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Now comes the pickle. what caused the break in the cycle? Couldn't be the rom, had to be something else.

Way long list, will try to double check and see what it could have been

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you for the support!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! So very glad that it is starting to turn around for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Denver - Thanky...

FYI - wanted to let y'all know that it wasn't that Sprint started working again, I haven't done anything to hubby's yet, and I still can't get his to load.

Going to go slow with loading things and see what happens.

--------- New Post Merged on 17/4/2009 at 1113 --------

UPDATE -

wmwifirouter works on hubby's ppc. no internet still. can connect lappy to his ppc with wifi working. do not understand. think sprint is connected to hulu. my brain is like poi now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Okay, it's Sunday, and someone from Advanced Technical Support sent me a text message and then followed up with a call.

Here's what we've got now. Apparently I was right, and the code that I was getting (407) is just something in the provisioning with the esns that will not allow them to connect with the internet. Some kind of protocol glitch.

What I didn't know was that they already created a ticket and are sending out replacement handsets, brand new TPs. AND they credited my account $100.

What was really cool is when the guy from ATS listened to me and I asked him, am I right, and he said "yes" - they should have sent me new handsets after the first ATS contact.

Dunno if it's because of the wifi usage or not. Last time I checked, I was right at 4 gigs on my handset alone, so they have the option to shut me off, I don't know if that is what they did or not. I do know that they do not have to inform me if they do cut me off.

Weird that it's an intermittent thing though. If I flash twice and hard reset after the flashes, the internet will work for a few hours and then quit. Dunno.

I told them that they need to make me a tester, it would probably save them money in the long run. LOL

Thanks y'all!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok.... so when can mark your issue solved then right??? N0w that they are sending you replacements.

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Sounds like you finally got someone productive1 Congratulations! Enjoy those new TP's!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

Sounds like you finally got someone productive1 Congratulations! Enjoy those new TP's!!!!!!!!!!!
yup i agree!! its about time that sprint did you right.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Y'all are just too awesome with the support and quick responses.

I'd like to say marked it solved, but the true test will be once they get here and whether or not they work, maybe?

Part of the problem is that the provisioning seems to hang up, since the handsets were returned to their original state, and they still wouldn't connect.

The 407 code, when I researched it on the net, says something about security protocols and the server not allowing it to authenticate. When I hard reset and we went through the ##DATA# screen, I was told that no security or passwords needed to be present, which BTW doesn't make sense.

I don't know if that means that when you get new handsets it will work or not.

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
issue, rant, solved, sprint, support, technical