Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
crazaytalent crazaytalent is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint outsourcing its network

Word about town is sprint is outsourcing its network...

"Word on the street is that Sprint is currently in heated discussions with Ericsson -- the world's largest network infrastructure company -- to take over management and maintenance of its vast back end along with somewhere between 5,000 to 7,000 of the carrier's employees in an effort to lower costs by about 20 percent as its subscriber counts and tends both stay soft. Interestingly, Sprint already sold some of its towers to TowerCo last year for over half a billion dollars, so it's not clear exactly how Ericsson fits into the puzzle yet -- but at any rate, Sprint would apparently be paying something on the order of $2 billion over the next several years for Ericsson to do its thing. In light of this, it's kind of ironic that Sprint doesn't sell a single Sony Ericsson handset, isn't it?"

more info here:

Code

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE54308F20090504
or here:

or hell even here:

basically everywhere... do a goole search and youll hit a thousand and 1 articles on it.... Any thoughts?

I just hope it dont screw up my service or make rates any higher!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint outsourcing its network

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Word about town is sprint is outsourcing its network...

"Word on the street is that Sprint is currently in heated discussions with Ericsson -- the world's largest network infrastructure company -- to take over management and maintenance of its vast back end along with somewhere between 5,000 to 7,000 of the carrier's employees in an effort to lower costs by about 20 percent as its subscriber counts and tends both stay soft. Interestingly, Sprint already sold some of its towers to TowerCo last year for over half a billion dollars, so it's not clear exactly how Ericsson fits into the puzzle yet -- but at any rate, Sprint would apparently be paying something on the order of $2 billion over the next several years for Ericsson to do its thing. In light of this, it's kind of ironic that Sprint doesn't sell a single Sony Ericsson handset, isn't it?"

more info here:

Code

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE54308F20090504
or here:
or hell even here:
basically everywhere... do a goole search and youll hit a thousand and 1 articles on it.... Any thoughts?

I just hope it dont screw up my service or make rates any higher!

wow! who really knows what sprint is doing now a days..... all i can hope for is that they dont go under....... ot this could be good and might be a great time to buy some stocks in sprint..... i own some shares myself and have done pretty damn well with them
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
network, outsourcing, sprint