Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 AM
spivey8 spivey8 is offline   Thread Starter  
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Update us in a SMS

hey didnt you guys want something that would let people know when a NEW rom was out. Well this looks like it will work. You can set it up and people can sign up to get text messages everytime SPJ wants people to know something.

My dragstrip uses this to let u know if the track is rained out or if we are still going to race, and it works awesome.

anyway i thought this might work out for you guys

Code

http://www.rainedout.com/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Update us in a SMS

Hi i moved thread to off topic

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

hey didnt you guys want something that would let people know when a NEW rom was out. Well this looks like it will work. You can set it up and people can sign up to get text messages everytime SPJ wants people to know something.

My dragstrip uses this to let u know if the track is rained out or if we are still going to race, and it works awesome.

anyway i thought this might work out for you guys

Code

http://www.rainedout.com/

when using this si it user done they like sign up and than auto down or does the sender have to enter all the phone numbers into their pc or the application and than the message and than send.... if it is all auto i like the idea myself and will have to wait for pb to respond to this with what he thinks.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Tallest Member

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

when using this si it user done they like sign up and than auto down or does the sender have to enter all the phone numbers into their pc or the application and than the message and than send.... if it is all auto i like the idea myself and will have to wait for pb to respond to this with what he thinks.....
once you make a free account, than tell us the link and we can sign ourself up and then you see our numbers in your account, then you can send everyone the message for whoever you choose. pretty cool

--------- New Post Merged on 16/5/2009 at 0711 --------

post a link like this, but yours will say Smart Phone Junkie or whatever you make it, just let us know.

Code

http://my.rainedout.com/4374405104a0ec27954446/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

once you make a free account, than tell us the link and we can sign ourself up and then you see our numbers in your account, then you can send everyone the message for whoever you choose. pretty cool

--------- New Post Merged on 16/5/2009 at 0711 --------

post a link like this, but yours will say Smart Phone Junkie or whatever you make it, just let us know.

Code

http://my.rainedout.com/4374405104a0ec27954446/
the only thing i dont like is if everyone can see the numbers...... may be unwanted by many.....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Tallest Member

hmmm, i think your the only one that will see the numbers, we will just get a text message but it doesnt show the other peoples numbers.

The Following User Says Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:36 PM

hmmm, i think your the only one that will see the numbers, we will just get a text message but it doesnt show the other peoples numbers.
'
cool i will have to look more into it and also have to talk to pb on this....... it would be a lot of work to set it all up with the numbers, get the numbers, add the numbers, and all of that but im willing to put fourth the work if pb would wanna do this too...... but will need more people wanting this to go through with it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Tallest Member

no you dont had any numbers... you make the account and then give us the link, we have to sign ourself up.... see what im getting at.

then once WE setup our numbers, you see our number in your account.

--------- New Post Merged on 16/5/2009 at 1143 --------

more like we have to subscribe to get the text messages from you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 PM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well if you need people...im in

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

definitely sounds like a cool idea! nice suggestion! always checking to see when roms are out, why not have it update us on it?!? brilliant! :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM

right but the only problem im seeing now that i have looked into it more is that i dont always have the time to update stuff and choose what will have a text sent out for it...... i barely have the time to complete what i do now more than less send text messages out about updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Tallest Member

booooooooooo lol

The Following User Says Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:11 PM

booooooooooo lol
im sorry bro but i just dont have the time..... i already got on average 8 hours a day on here doing stuff and that would jsut add another.... i have a life and wont be able to keep up with it all the time and to have th send them out..... its just toom uch for me.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im sorry bro but i just dont have the time..... i already got on average 8 hours a day on here doing stuff and that would jsut add another.... i have a life and wont be able to keep up with it all the time and to have th send them out..... its just toom uch for me.

Wow sms updates that would be crazy lmao. If ya sign on every day dont really need that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Wow sms updates that would be crazy lmao. If ya sign on every day dont really need that.
that last part id the words of a true junkie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

IMO I think that the IDEA is GREAT....to be honest, however, I think that this could unfortunately turn into quite a monster....With the huge amount of informaiton and incredible number of various topics that are covered, I think that it has the potential of being expanded uncontrollabley....

Further, I believe that for all intents and purposes I think that a simpler, automated system is already in place to do the same thing.....Presuming that most of us have our Email pushed to us in one way or another on our phones, perhaps setting up a thread specifically for announcing new ROMs.....One for supported and one for un-supported....a simple sticky that says "New ROM notification"....the individual string then can place a link to the new ROm thread....that way by subscribing those notices are sent, the string is easy to find and already linked over to the thread...

HTH

Edit: Wow i just read than and think I should start a knitting club or something! Knit one, pearl two, string this and thread that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

IMO I think that the IDEA is GREAT....to be honest, however, I think that this could unfortunately turn into quite a monster....With the huge amount of informaiton and incredible number of various topics that are covered, I think that it has the potential of being expanded uncontrollabley....

Further, I believe that for all intents and purposes I think that a simpler, automated system is already in place to do the same thing.....Presuming that most of us have our Email pushed to us in one way or another on our phones, perhaps setting up a thread specifically for announcing new ROMs.....One for supported and one for un-supported....a simple sticky that says "New ROM notification"....the individual string then can place a link to the new ROm thread....that way by subscribing those notices are sent, the string is easy to find and already linked over to the thread...

HTH

Edit: Wow i just read than and think I should start a knitting club or something! Knit one, pearl two, string this and thread that!

well like your saying it can be done already... all you hasve to do is subscribe to a thread and than everytime someone responds you get a message with the first line or two of the repsonse...... and since we all have push email on our devices i feel that would be the best route to go since i dont have the time or ambition to do this myslef....
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well like your saying it can be done already... all you hasve to do is subscribe to a thread and than everytime someone responds you get a message with the first line or two of the repsonse...... and since we all have push email on our devices i feel that would be the best route to go since i dont have the time or ambition to do this myslef....
If you are gonna do that subscribe to a lot thread an get email updates get another email account lmao. Your inbox will be loaded with thread replies haha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Tallest Member

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

If you are gonna do that subscribe to a lot thread an get email updates get another email account lmao. Your inbox will be loaded with thread replies haha
THATS WHAT IM SAYING, but it was just an idea.

just a new rom update would be better than getting an email everytime someone made a post lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:51 PM

just a new rom update would be better than getting an email everytime someone made a post lol
yeah but as i said with the amount of updates that there are on roms and with the evergrowing roms database it would take me hours ot get everything done... if you want to do it than feel more than free but im not going to.....
Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats exactly why I thought that perhaps a thread dedicated to simply the release of a new ROM.....that way the Emails would not be excessive......Theoretically, the only posts would be for a new ROM.......all ROM specific comments would go under the ROM thread, which would be separate......kinda like the SPB MS3 tweeks and hacks (no comments) thread going currently.......no discussion, only

"Hey here is a new ROM from (Fill in your favorite cook here)....Here is the link to the thread "

Just my 1 cent worth (dont it suck how i cant even have 2 cents worth anymore!)
Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 AM

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

thats exactly why I thought that perhaps a thread dedicated to simply the release of a new ROM.....that way the Emails would not be excessive......Theoretically, the only posts would be for a new ROM.......all ROM specific comments would go under the ROM thread, which would be separate......kinda like the SPB MS3 tweeks and hacks (no comments) thread going currently.......no discussion, only

"Hey here is a new ROM from (Fill in your favorite cook here)....Here is the link to the thread "

Just my 1 cent worth (dont it suck how i cant even have 2 cents worth anymore!)
hahahha but i dont have the time as i was saying... if someone wants to take this on their shoulders go for it and i like the idea of roms only but i cant and will not be doing this guys.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
sms, update