Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Touch Diamond 2 Being Sold Everywhere

It's on sale literally everywhere...

HTC Touch Diamond2 is just like HTC Touch Diamond but it has higher-resolution camera (5 megapixels instead of 3 megapixels) and higher resolution of display (800x480 instead of 640x480 pixels). It is only one of few phones that will get official upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 - HTC has promised it officially.

Unfortunately - and we must say how it is - it sill uses proprietary headset connector instead of using 3.5 mm industry standard stereo miniplug.

Note: this phone is being sold also in online stores in USA but at this moment only with Europe/Asia 3G bands... so don't buy it if you need 3G!

More info about HTC Touch Diamond2 below.

The HTC Touch Diamond2 lets you focus on the people in your life, bringing all your conversations with them together in one convenient interface.

This touch phone's sleek and stunning design will make your friends take a closer look, while the expansive display will mesmerize them with vivid images, websites and videos.

3.2-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution

5 megapixel camera for quality stills and video / Second camera: VGA CMOS color camera

Note: HTC Touch Pro2 - a version of this phone with QWERTY keyboard but with 3 megapixel camera only - is coming in June 2009.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Touch Diamond 2 Being Sold Everywhere

Ha, this whole time I thought the HD would be the Diamond2 in the US. I see now they are different, although I have to say the HD looks more attractive to me. And why in the HELL didn't they put a 5 MP camera on the TP2 as well???!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cant wait my plan is over with sprint in may im gonna jump to what ever company that has the touch pro 2 it looks ill
The Following User Says Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Ha, this whole time I thought the HD would be the Diamond2 in the US. I see now they are different, although I have to say the HD looks more attractive to me. And why in the HELL didn't they put a 5 MP camera on the TP2 as well???!!
yeah i know i was a little pissed off about that and have no clue why they added it to one and not the other..... unless they feel that it would help the diamond sell better since it doesnt have the keyboard and all.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i heard rumors tpro 2 is going to be on tmobile any 1 really know what company so i could know to wait for the drop to get a new plan to get the phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

i heard rumors tpro 2 is going to be on tmobile any 1 really know what company so i could know to wait for the drop to get a new plan to get the phone
Well, if you're talking about the Touch Pro2, then the Touch Pro should be an indication of where the TPro2 will likely land. Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T all have a version of the Touch Pro, and TMobile is the only one that does NOT have the Touch Pro. So I would say Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T will likely get the TPro2. And this thread is for the Diamond2, and that one, Sprint will likely get.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 AM

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

i dont think and have never heard that they are going to get it and highly doubt that they will since they didnt carry the original touch pro..... but anyways t-mobile is gsm so why not just get a unlocked one or one throguh at&t or something.....

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Well, if you're talking about the Touch Pro2, then the Touch Pro should be an indication of where the TPro2 will likely land. Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T all have a version of the Touch Pro, and TMobile is the only one that does NOT have the Touch Pro. So I would say Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T will likely get the TPro2. And this thread is for the Diamond2, and that one, Sprint will likely get.
sprint will for sure gert it and have annnunced it on their leaked lineup list for 2009 in quarter 4.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

TBH o much prefer the HD over the diamond2, same hardware, bigger screen (larger but same resolution) 3mm jack and the software has already been ported

and it looks bettewr too, but thats just me...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Mobile Model: tpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i so want the diamond 2. the tpro is great but it's so damn big. i don't know why it bothers me so much, but it's killing me. i had the sprint touch previously and thought that is was great. i got my choice of diamond or pro through tep and chose pro strictly because of the sd slot but i'm starting to regret it. i don't mind typing on the screen. i'll have to keep my eye out for when i could have tep give me a diamond2....maybe a new christmas present for me!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to only1penny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yep its here in belgium also price diamond 2 480 euros lol cheaper then the tp2 gos for 599 euros but good news i got is the will sell i whit network contracts for 2 years so whe can get good deal on the price finaly the drop that damm law against it see i am search for tp on ebay but in away if i sell my touch and i chip some extra cash i got tp2 sorry to go off topic back to topic

grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
diamond, sold, touch