littledaisy littledaisy is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Super mega urgent

omg u guys..i am like freaking out right now...we recieved a package in the mail yesterday but we didnt open it because the person doesnt live here..so i was going to return it to usps tomorrow..turns out my cousin who called me this morning told me that he was expecting a package here at my house..but the package was in a females name...so he tells me that he used my computer the other day and ordered himseld a $300 dollar digital camera that i had nothing to do with!!! oh and ontop of that..the credit card is not his either...dont know where he got it...so long story short!! i need a program that can clear all my erased browsing history asap!!!! i want nothing to do with this so incase i get investigated i do not want to have any traces on my computer....CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! i know what he did was totaly a huge gigantic crime and i dont want to be dragged into it so i need help ...seriously any ideas!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Super mega urgent

“ Originally Posted by littledaisy View Post

omg u guys..i am like freaking out right now...we recieved a package in the mail yesterday but we didnt open it because the person doesnt live here..so i was going to return it to usps tomorrow..turns out my cousin who called me this morning told me that he was expecting a package here at my house..but the package was in a females name...so he tells me that he used my computer the other day and ordered himseld a $300 dollar digital camera that i had nothing to do with!!! oh and ontop of that..the credit card is not his either...dont know where he got it...so long story short!! i need a program that can clear all my erased browsing history asap!!!! i want nothing to do with this so incase i get investigated i do not want to have any traces on my computer....CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! i know what he did was totaly a huge gigantic crime and i dont want to be dragged into it so i need help ...seriously any ideas!!!
well... i would reformat my hard drive.. then make a partition on the drive for enough space to run the O.S. (10gigs is enough)... then re install windows on the partition you made.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well you screwed anyways..there's a system now that no matter where you purchase a product it will log your ip address with the info your cousin provided to make that purchase. I can tell you a couple of programs that i use and i wont mentioned it here.But it still be useless.The only thing i can suggests is to open the package.Get any info like the reciepts of return info and if you see any numbers called them and tell them that this was fraudulently purchased my a family member and you would like to return it back.They should help you out.If not tell them you would like to speak to a supervisor.Just in case.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Mobile Model: several
Mobile Carrier: quakor
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Longfist's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Longfist's Photo Album Add Longfist's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

well you screwed anyways..there's a system now that no matter where you purchase a product it will log your ip address with the info your cousin provided to make that purchase. I can tell you a couple of programs that i use and i wont mentioned it here.But it still be useless.The only thing i can suggests is to open the package.Get any info like the reciepts of return info and if you see any numbers called them and tell them that this was fraudulently purchased my a family member and you would like to return it back.They should help you out.If not tell them you would like to speak to a supervisor.Just in case.
Yes that sounds the best thing...
Its being honest and taking responsebility.
grtz
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Longfist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

well... i would reformat my hard drive.. then make a partition on the drive for enough space to run the O.S. (10gigs is enough)... then re install windows on the partition you made.

there's still ways bubba..no matter what ya do.Theres' program that i know a hand full of people have to still get info from a hd rather it was wiped.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 PM

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks for all the help guys...also one more thing..that i think can be a good thing..he didnt use my internet...he was tethering with his phone...does that help me in any way??

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
OG Member

thanks for all the help guys...also one more thing..that i think can be a good thing..he didnt use my internet...he was tethering with his phone...does that help me in any way??
hahahah you be surprise what technology can do nena.. remember towers,phone ip address, account holder.....- busted....

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

hahahah you be surprise what technology can do nena.. remember towers,phone ip address, account holder.....- busted....
ahhahahaha yuppers, your device will have an ip and all that they have to do is go into that and ask the provider whos line that belongs too and they got their person.... the provider has to give such information to law enforement when asked.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

IF, and thats a big IF, but IF any law enforcement does get involved in this, it is gonna be on the federal level. If it came in the mail, thats automatic fed level, and they dont play. There really isnt much you can do, PB is right on the money.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ahhahahaha yuppers, your device will have an ip and all that they have to do is go into that and ask the provider whos line that belongs too and they got their person.... the provider has to give such information to law enforement when asked.

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

IF, and thats a big IF, but IF any law enforcement does get involved in this, it is gonna be on the federal level. If it came in the mail, thats automatic fed level, and they dont play. There really isnt much you can do, PB is right on the money.
hahahah will i do come from the line of law enforcement i mean family...lol and friends.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 09:01 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Daisy -

No worries - send it back refused. Don't open it, don't volunteer any information when returning it, just tell them you don't know the person it's addressed to. Period.

Tell your relative if he ever does anything like that again, you will turn him in.

IF the card company tried, they could pin it on you as an accessory after the fact. Bean counters aside, don't think it's likely, but anything is possible. Whether or not he was tethering, they can find you if they really want to.

As a side note, my little brother used my business CC account to clear a fraudulent charge to the tune of 1K+ on someone else's card. He was my webmaster, and I didn't know anything about it until I had extra money in my account. He told me it was his, and I didn't need to know anything about it. Needless to say, he is no longer my webmaster, and outside of paypal, I don't take credit cards any more.

CYA baby! CYA. Just refuse the package. If no one signed for it, they can't prove you received it. If you feel you need more coverage, you could repackage it (without opening it, just put it in another box) and pay for delivery confirmation. Put a note inside the box that you don't know who ordered it, and you just wanted to cover yourself in the returning of it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM

oh my god you guys..the more i read the more i feel like killing him right now!!! seriously this is the WORST thing that could ever happen to me...my freaking spotless criminal record!! not even ONE parking or speeding ticket so that this mutha!! can come and ruin it!!!!...im so sorry for the rant you guys..but i am seriously deathly afraid of jail!!!! ive seen it on tv and its not pretty..plus not to mention what my neighbors are going to think..and yes it matters to me since i live in an enclosed area....

im seriously gonna start crying and panicking like crazy right now....i mean yes ofcourse im gonna call and tell them what happen..let them know i had nothing to do with it..and if they want to take legal action against my cousin..well then so be it..my family will probably be angry but i am not gonna take responsibility for someone elses actions..im sorry im just not that stupid...

uuuggghhhh super worst day of my life!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
OG Member

oh my god you guys..the more i read the more i feel like killing him right now!!! seriously this is the WORST thing that could ever happen to me...my freaking spotless criminal record!! not even ONE parking or speeding ticket so that this mutha!! can come and ruin it!!!!...im so sorry for the rant you guys..but i am seriously deathly afraid of jail!!!! ive seen it on tv and its not pretty..plus not to mention what my neighbors are going to think..and yes it matters to me since i live in an enclosed area....

im seriously gonna start crying and panicking like crazy right now....i mean yes ofcourse im gonna call and tell them what happen..let them know i had nothing to do with it..and if they want to take legal action against my cousin..well then so be it..my family will probably be angry but i am not gonna take responsibility for someone elses actions..im sorry im just not that stupid...

look one thing DONT PANIC !!!!!! never give to much information when you call the company.All you have to do is explain what had happened and you want no part of this and you would like to return the merchandise back.And ask them what procedure needs to take place so the items can be returned back to them.And always get a signed receipt,s o it showed that they received it.If that don't work.I'm sorry but i love my family but when it comes to me and my life I'll go to the local authority and explain to them what happened. and ask them you need an advice so that way its on record.

After all jail aint that bad like people think...hahahahahahahaha i'll send you a text to see how you making out....j/k

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

its still not late littledaisy do the right thing...ive read the above posts and they cant say it any bettter..i know deep inside your head ur going to do the right thing..really hope the best for you..good luck

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

its still not late littledaisy do the right thing...ive read the above posts and they cant say it any bettter..i know deep inside your head ur going to do the right thing..really hope the best for you..good luck
girl dont trip, it sounds worse than it really is. I think is best not to open the package, and call the company like its been said. Explain everything, and that should solve it. "If" worse comes to worse, all you gotta do is turn your cousin in. I know how that sounds, but obviusly he didnt care about you that much since he used your computer to comit a crime...... why didnt he used someone elses?........ but no need to cry or even worrie. It really is less than it sounds like, trust me. Plus is someonme elses name on the package, so just treated as that person doesnt live there type of mail. Good luck with everything!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Me and DenverDev are on a plane right now to come serve a warrant at your house!!!! Hahaha, don't worry, as long as you do what you gotta do you'll be fine. Send it back and make a local police report that you recieved the package and sent it back. Keep the tracking info and everything. You'll be fine.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 11:58 PM

*sigh* ....thank you all everything you guys have told me really did calm me down..i knew that if i could count on someone , it would be you guys and i promise i will do as you all said...as for my cousin...well im gonna have to do something about him...dont know what but i really need to knock some sence into him....dont know what the hell he was thinking...my husband was about to go to his house and whoop him but then he thought about it and decided his punk a$$ wasnt worth getting in trouble for (since hes a minor)...but yeah once again thank you all for your help and support..i really appreciate everything...im gonna keep you guys updated as to what happens... love yall!!! <3

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

*sigh* ....thank you all everything you guys have told me really did calm me down..i knew that if i could count on someone , it would be you guys and i promise i will do as you all said...as for my cousin...well im gonna have to do something about him...dont know what but i really need to knock some sence into him....dont know what the hell he was thinking...my husband was about to go to his house and whoop him but then he thought about it and decided his punk a$$ wasnt worth getting in trouble for (since hes a minor)...but yeah once again thank you all for your help and support..i really appreciate everything...im gonna keep you guys updated as to what happens... love yall!!! <3
Good to hear daisy! If your cousin is a minor i would turn him in no matter what. He aint gonna learn by you talkin to him or nothin like that, he's gotta see what could happen to him before he's not a minor anymore. Minors barely get anything for it, I remember a minor who committed a ridiculous amount of fraud, plus threatened people online, plus hacked a bunch of computers and got confidential papers went to juvi for 11 months...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Alot of what im reading makes perfect sense, PB is 100% right on the thing with the ip addy and stuff, there is not way to erase ur line of history....One thing I say is dont snitch on your family member, no matter what he did. All I can say is if u didnt do it, then have nothing to worry about. Like I read uptop, send it back as refused, or take it into usps and tell them u didnt make this purchase and it isnt yours. They cant deny it from you b/c the names wont match the address neither will the billing info. OR u can just have ur cuzin go pick it up and give it to him and over with. if they knock on ur door and question u all u say is "I dont know I diddnt open it and I gave it to the owner." Credit card fraud is a matter of federal crime im sorry to say and he can get into serious trouble and it dont matter if its 50 or 300 bucks they will penalize his ass, the federal gvt has a ZERO tolerance for those things especially since its happening so often now a days.

Hope this helps ease u some and like I said,if u didnt do it, then u have nothing to worry about.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 AM

View Longfist's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Longfist's Photo Album Add Longfist's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think the best thing is what PB said before,but only with a note.
Dont call cops cause then they wil start to look from where this came and maybe investigate to look for a hacker.
Just resend with not to much explanation.
And try to think positive and thinks its already a good end.
Dont think of jail or anything bad.
These feelings are bad and the more u send that out the more u attract.
so dont worry send back and its over.
grtz
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Longfist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 PM

ok guys a little update...

I called the 1-800 number on the package and it turned out to be from BUY.com...the person who i spoke with was very understanding of the situation..ofcourse i didnt tell him that my 17 year old cousin did it..i just explained to him that the package was sent to the wrong address and that i would like to return it to them...so he offered to send me a Return sticker so that i could send the package back to them without having to pay for shipping. ALSO..he did tell me that the OWNER of the credit card had called to cancel the credit card because it had been fraudulently used..but it was too late because the package had already been sent...so they will now take the package back and return the money back to the owner.... THANKFULLY with all of your help everything seems like it is just fine for now..and the reason i say for now is because if the owner decides to persue the ORIGIN of where her credit card was used..it would either lead to my computer or my cousins phone number since like i said he was tethering using his phone...

so yeah..thats all for now you guys thank you all so much for everything i feel like i owe you all lunch ...which would just be awesome if i could really take you all to eat sometime ...anywho i feel much better now

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
OG Member

I called the 1-800 number on the package and it turned out to be from BUY.com...the person who i spoke with was very understanding of the situation..ofcourse i didnt tell him that my 17 year old cousin did it..i just explained to him that the package was sent to the wrong address and that i would like to return it to them...so he offered to send me a Return sticker so that i could send the package back to them without having to pay for shipping. ALSO..he did tell me that the OWNER of the credit card had called to cancel the credit card because it had been fraudulently used..but it was too late because the package had already been sent...so they will now take the package back and return the money back to the owner.... THANKFULLY with all of your help everything seems like it is just fine for now..and the reason i say for now is because if the owner decides to persue the ORIGIN of where her credit card was used..it would either lead to my computer or my cousins phone number since like i said he was tethering using his phone...

so yeah..thats all for now you guys thank you all so much for everything i feel like i owe you all lunch ...which would just be awesome if i could really take you all to eat sometime ...anywho i feel much better now

I'm glad everything worked out.See honesty is the best policy.But since the card owner is pursing it.Don't surprise if they are looking for your cousin.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

your karma is still ok..u did the right thing.......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:37 PM

I am happy it turned out fine daisy.
Better a good end then a bad.
grtz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Longfist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

good and if worse comes to worse your cousin will learn from his mistake if the card owner decides to pursue...... your in the clear and did the correct thing on the issue.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

glad it worked out....i did talk to a lawyer today and brought this up to him and he said if you return it without opening it and play a little dumb you would be fine, he said a good lawyer would argue that you could have been hacked

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 PM

thanks guys! you all are the best...and umm MIKEYD..wow..you talked to a LAWYER about this...this just comes to show how much of a family we are here on SPJ...always looking out for eachother

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks guys! you all are the best...and umm MIKEYD..wow..you talked to a LAWYER about this...this just comes to show how much of a family we are here on SPJ...always looking out for eachother
my uncle know every judge and lawyer in our little town and they have coffee EVERYDAY. So i went to have coffe earlier with him and his lawyer friends were there and so i asked

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mega, super, urgent