TaylorSPJ TaylorSPJ is offline   Thread Starter  
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint getting WiMax Touch HD We connect the dots

Here's a possibly scenario for you to ponder:

Code

Sprint's Touch Diamond did not sell as well as the Touch Pro (3,000 units vs 15,000 per month)
Sprint's Touch Diamond is EOL'd (gone by July)
No Touch Diamond 2 is on Sprint's roadmap
ROM file is leaked called "RUU_Quartz_Clearwire_US_1.09.1000.5_Radio_Quartz_1.13.25"
Quartz = Touch HD / Clearwire = Sprint's Wimax partner

So we're just throwing it out there that somewhere out there on the internets is a "signed ship" ROM floating around (we've seen it ourselves) labeled for Clearwire using the Touch HD's moniker. And that Sprint shows no signs of getting a Touch Diamond 2 even though it is EOL and running on its final shipment.

We could also throw out this gem from criticalaudioinc, who works with HTC and said 7 months ago:

HTC is currently in discussion again on bringing the HTC Touch HD to the US, I currently have a GSM model that we were asked to convert to CDMA, All that was needed was to pull a board from the diamond and re-solder and flash the the rom. From what we can see it is working pretty well the solder isn't pretty but again its a test. But its looking good so far.

So there you go. What say you? We be crazy or is Sprint getting ready to launch a Touch HD with Wimax?

Original Post

Code

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-getting-wimax-touch-hd-connecting-dots

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint getting WiMax Touch HD We connect the dots

this would be awesome to see truthfully and it does make since.... i just wonder if i hold onto one of my extra vogues if i could get it updated to the hd if it does come since that would be the next available model that compares.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

this would be awesome to see truthfully and it does make since.... i just wonder if i hold onto one of my extra vogues if i could get it updated to the hd if it does come since that would be the next available model that compares.
Dude I know, Im more excited bout this then tp2 or td2....honestly i hate the way they made the td2 look....screen is to lanky, hate the color scheme. and theres no "AWW" what so ever for me...plus the HD got wimax and 3.5mm plug....ima do it son..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

Dude I know, Im more excited bout this then tp2 or td2....honestly i hate the way they made the td2 look....screen is to lanky, hate the color scheme. and theres no "AWW" what so ever for me...plus the HD got wimax and 3.5mm plug....ima do it son..
yea but when it goes cdma they can make the changes they feel necessary... if you look at most of the devices that are gsm only and europe only they all have the 3.5 mm headphone jacks.... if you look at the ones thta were actually sold by providers in america many of them need an adapter to use liek we do on our touch pros, moguls, vogues, dianonds, etc...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

yea but when it goes cdma they can make the changes they feel necessary... if you look at most of the devices that are gsm only and europe only they all have the 3.5 mm headphone jacks.... if you look at the ones thta were actually sold by providers in america many of them need an adapter to use liek we do on our touch pros, moguls, vogues, dianonds, etc...
very true, Im just hoping eventually they will listen to the consumers.... im sure theres about 10 lurkers from HTC, M$ and other participating companies who shift through hundreds of forums and threads to see what they can do better, now they just have to implement it in real life instead of just saying they will....the 3.5 jack isnt whats catching my eye though...i hardly use headphones and when i do i use bluetooth.....just easier...but its just the way they designed the HD....its beautiful and doesnt look half ass like the TD2 does.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM

very true, Im just hoping eventually they will listen to the consumers.... im sure theres about 10 lurkers from HTC, M$ and other participating companies who shift through hundreds of forums and threads to see what they can do better, now they just have to implement it in real life instead of just saying they will....the 3.5 jack isnt whats catching my eye though...i hardly use headphones and when i do i use bluetooth.....just easier...but its just the way they designed the HD....its beautiful and doesnt look half ass like the TD2 does.
yeah but you have had the touch and the diamond so your used to not having the keyboard...... to me the pro 2 is still sexy and the keyboard is a must for me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View schurga's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schurga's Photo Album Add schurga's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

3.5mm plug...god I miss that, thanks for nothing Treo 800w & HTC Touch Pro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

yeah but you have had the touch and the diamond so your used to not having the keyboard...... to me the pro 2 is still sexy and the keyboard is a must for me.
i agree 100% as welll....i was against hard kb for a long time...just thought having a touch screen and a kb didn't make sense....I mean, why get a touch screen to never touch it lol, but eventually I started to use the full qwerty and thats all i use now...i do wish i had a kb....but thats only cause i have fat fingers and i hit letters by mistake....a wvga screen at 3.8, well i wont be hitting the wrong letters anymore let me tell ya lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View schurga's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schurga's Photo Album Add schurga's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

A hard kb is a must indeed, however I miss my treo's...so much easier to text one handed. What do you guys think about the palm prē? I definitely want to take that on a test spin when it comes out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 PM

“ Originally Posted by schurga View Post

A hard kb is a must indeed, however I miss my treo's...so much easier to text one handed. What do you guys think about the palm prē? I definitely want to take that on a test spin when it comes out.
have it already and please keep all talk to the threads on the pre.... very nice phone and give more details in those threads.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

have it already and please keep all talk to the threads on the pre.... very nice phone and give more details in those threads.
I didnt know u had the pre already....nice son....now u need to decompile the stock rom and rebuild it son.....let me know if you want some help, ill be more then happy to help wth that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Touch HD huh wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those. Thanks for the post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahaha see?? i was destined to end up with my Vogue again... look whats in store for me if it goes as planned

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

hahaha see?? i was destined to end up with my Vogue again... look whats in store for me if it goes as planned
yup if all goes as planned you will have one in your hands when you turn 31..... sprints slow like that and never seems to be too nice to you with giving you things
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

haha i had a customer ask when wimax was gonna come out, my assistant manager told them it would be 6 months...lol i just laughed at her and told the guy next year if we're lucky

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

haha i had a customer ask when wimax was gonna come out, my assistant manager told them it would be 6 months...lol i just laughed at her and told the guy next year if we're lucky
wimax via sprint yes.....the company I work for already uses it....(Wireless High Speed Internet).........we got two different types of units...the AP's for them are nice as hell too

Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wimax via sprint yes.....the company I work for already uses it....(Wireless High Speed Internet).........we got two different types of units...the AP's for them are nice as hell too
word. waitin for it, would be sick to get it in my area

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

word. waitin for it, would be sick to get it in my area
its quick man, we got it being pushed through fiber directly to the AP's....had only one issue with a firmware update, other then that it resolved our other latency and packet loss issue's.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM
The VenumX Factor

its quick man, we got it being pushed through fiber directly to the AP's....had only one issue with a firmware update, other then that it resolved our other latency and packet loss issue's.
nice bro cant wait to try it out

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah where i work we are getting computers in our wrk cars that use wimax in october or september so i really wanted to know about this topic when will wimax be avalible in a phone imabout to get the touch pro 2 when it comes out but if there is a wimax phone coming out soon i will be super pissed if i cannot get it when is this wimax coming ?

im pretty sure its coming to sprint since thats our provider for work

any chance of that russian monster the max 4 g workin in the us?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 12:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

yeah where i work we are getting computers in our wrk cars that use wimax in october or september so i really wanted to know about this topic when will wimax be avalible in a phone imabout to get the touch pro 2 when it comes out but if there is a wimax phone coming out soon i will be super pissed if i cannot get it when is this wimax coming ?

im pretty sure its coming to sprint since thats our provider for work

any chance of that russian monster the max 4 g workin in the us?
yes, its already being tested in select areas like oregon and cali.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so when should i expect to see an htc wimax supported phone on a sprint network?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

so when should i expect to see an htc wimax supported phone on a sprint network?
who knows depends on how the tests go and all and what type of deal they have in the works...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC mogul

View Royg89's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Royg89's Photo Album Add Royg89's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i agree 100% as welll....i was against hard kb for a long time...just thought having a touch screen and a kb didn't make sense....I mean, why get a touch screen to never touch it lol, but eventually I started to use the full qwerty and thats all i use now...i do wish i had a kb....but thats only cause i have fat fingers and i hit letters by mistake....a wvga screen at 3.8, well i wont be hitting the wrong letters anymore let me tell ya lol

lol, i too have fat fingers. and thats why ive always like the pro and mogul before the diamond. but that HD, is going to be fingered constantly when and if it comes to sprint!

The Following User Says Thank You to Royg89 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: Touch P.R.O. 2

View hctr68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hctr68's Photo Album Add hctr68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great I was hoping sprint would pick up the HD, after seing it on htc's site i fell in love with it, cant wait to get my hands on one.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
connect, dots, sprint, touch, wimax