ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
This makes me sick

How dare Apple charge full retail for these devices at $599 and $699...I mean even with research and developments costs they could have helped society out with a better price tag...that is a big cost difference....they are not making a profit...they are raping people's pockets....look at this

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: This makes me sick

that is common from most company's just like M.S they have to charge for what the cost that went into the development.In time it will go down.That's when i take advantage...lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea what a bummer! one of my friend is an iphone addict and even he was suprise about the price that even he decided no to buy it..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats a crazy amount of cash that they will be making off of each device and i dont think that wm makes that much of a profit from the last that i have seen.....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW what a steal .... such A.. Holes those guys ...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Apple makes it so hard to get behind them. Between outrages prices and locking down their stuff to the point that it actually makes their product less appealing is just 2 sticking points that have always kept me from getting a taste for their products.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TheSignor View Post

Apple makes it so hard to get behind them. Between outrages prices and locking down their stuff to the point that it actually makes their product less appealing is just 2 sticking points that have always kept me from getting a taste for their products.
i have to agree but windows locks down a lot of things also like gps and all..... its not apple thats locking the stuff down it is the provider just as verizon locks the gps to just verizon navigation on their devices...... i feel it is more att than apple........ wm also locks down their devices from custom roms and we unlcok to get it like iphone is jailbroke to get it. just my outlook on the matter
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 PM

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i have to agree but windows locks down a lot of things also like gps and all..... its not apple thats locking the stuff down it is the provider just as verizon locks the gps to just verizon navigation on their devices...... i feel it is more att than apple........ wm also locks down their devices from custom roms and we unlcok to get it like iphone is jailbroke to get it. just my outlook on the matter
Yes you're right. It is more the provider. Case in point ATT taking away the use of Slingplayer mobile over their network. I would have flipped out over that. I guess my point about Apple was that IMO they go to great lengths to stop people from getting into their products whiile Microsoft of course doesn't like it but they aren't willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Apple's threat of keeping the Pre from syncing with Itunes all the while knowing that it will hurt some of their very loyal Itunes users and customers is in this vain.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM

Yes you're right. It is more the provider. Case in point ATT taking away the use of Slingplayer mobile over their network. I would have flipped out over that. I guess my point about Apple was that IMO they go to great lengths to stop people from getting into their products whiile Microsoft of course doesn't like it but they aren't willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Apple's threat of keeping the Pre from syncing with Itunes all the while knowing that it will hurt some of their very loyal Itunes users and customers is in this vain.
right but as palm said they will be playing cat and mouse on the issue since when apple changes and patches itunes palm will come right back and make it work again by making changes.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm not defending apple or microsoft but, that's not really all the money they spend on making 1 phone, where are the ad's expenses, promotions, employee expenses?, im pretty sure they still make a ton of money but that picture is kinda showing just part of the expenses but not everything, and things like that is what i don't like. Anybody complains about HTC pricing they're phones at $700?, nope lol
Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

right but as palm said they will be playing cat and mouse on the issue since when apple changes and patches itunes palm will come right back and make it work again by making changes.
Yeah that is whats going to happen, but I just don't see why Apple just doesn't make a snide statement like "We are honored that Palm has decided to emulate our Ipods so that it can use OUR software. Since Palm is so very attracted by our software and products, perhaps they should consider advising their customers to buy real Ipods and Iphones to go with our Itunes software."
Ya know what I mean, that corporate slam talk instead of this ultra defensive posturing that will end up probably causing more Ipod users to experience syncing errors than Pre users. For a company like Apple who truly prides itself in being the "coolest" tech company, they sure do come off like a spaz in these scenarios.
I don't even use Itunes, I personally can't stand the software, but then again I really can't stand anyone's music syncing software. None of them do playlists right except for WMP as far as I'm concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the iPhone... and the horse it rode in on!

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 AM

Yeah that is whats going to happen, but I just don't see why Apple just doesn't make a snide statement like "We are honored that Palm has decided to emulate our Ipods so that it can use OUR software. Since Palm is so very attracted by our software and products, perhaps they should consider advising their customers to buy real Ipods and Iphones to go with our Itunes software."
Ya know what I mean, that corporate slam talk instead of this ultra defensive posturing that will end up probably causing more Ipod users to experience syncing errors than Pre users. For a company like Apple who truly prides itself in being the "coolest" tech company, they sure do come off like a spaz in these scenarios.
I don't even use Itunes, I personally can't stand the software, but then again I really can't stand anyone's music syncing software. None of them do playlists right except for WMP as far as I'm concerned.
hahahha word i hear you i dont have itunes either since it always messed things up too i like the basic wmp and the playlists and it never errors out or gives me troubles syncing with certain devices or anything.

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

the iPhone... and the horse it rode in on!
hahahah thanks for the laugh of the day
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
makes, sick