Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 AM
jvonna jvonna is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc 6800
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jvonna's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jvonna's Photo Album Add jvonna's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Please I need help

Please I need help, I think my computer has totally died and not sure what else to do, I tried installing Windows XP seven to my computer, it said it was formatting it, when it finished and I tried to install windows XP seven, then I got an error saying could not install , did not find any hard disk drive...please help....Thank you in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to jvonna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Please I need help

“ Originally Posted by jvonna View Post

Please I need help, I think my computer has totally died and not sure what else to do, I tried installing Windows XP seven to my computer, it said it was formatting it, when it finished and I tried to install windows XP seven, then I got an error saying could not install , did not find any hard disk drive...please help....Thank you in advance
What did it format your disks to? Also, did you have this OS on this computer before, because some computers just dont play well with certain OS. Like my laptop will not install XP and gives me the cant find Hard Drive error.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

We need to know the error message you got and the kind of hard drive setup you have, is it a RAID? is it just one hard drive? did you format it into NTFS? FAT32? FAT16? EXT3? EXT2? >.<

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:54 AM

View jvonna's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jvonna's Photo Album Add jvonna's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am not sure what it formatted to, I had windows Xp pro then I started getting unmountable boot loader error, tried getting the recovery cd, but was not able to use it so i tried installing windows XP seven from here but when I inserted the disk it said it had to format the computer, and me the big dummy thought ok maybe it was the right thing to do...but I guess not.. so when it finished formatting and tried running the same disk I put in because I downloaded it from this website and made an iso cd from a laptop I had that has windows vista....but then it gave a partmgr sys-addr f87c2726 base@ F87, I tried again and it gave page fault in non paged area and finally can't find hard disk and when I pressed F2 and went to my setting it did not show my hard disk drive, it says not installed.....this is all I can tell you I am sorry I don't know what it formatted it to...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvonna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hmmm, well it sounds like your Boot.ini file was messed up. That was your original problem, but a simple "repair" from the OS disk shoulda cleared that up. I really dont know why your running into more problems now. It leads me to think there is something wrong with the CD you have now. Do you happen to have any other OS cd's laying around you could try and see if it gives you the same problem?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 AM

actually the cd I used was one that I made using magic iso, I don't have any other cd, does this mean I have to go buy a windows XP cd? Plus I didn't have the actual OS disk that's why i was putting the new windows XP on...at least I thought I was...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvonna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 AM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

actually the cd I used was one that I made using magic iso, I don't have any other cd, does this mean I have to go buy a windows XP cd? Plus I didn't have the actual OS disk that's why i was putting the new windows XP on...at least I thought I was...
I would check your bios out and see how you harddrive is setup. You need to know more about the computer like if you are running a SATA or IDE hard drive in the computer, if you have more than one harddrive. Did you originally setup the computer? was it purchased from a store? Did someone set it up for you? To me it sounds like somewhere a driver is getting screwed up for the harddrive.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 AM

I know it is IDE, I think I have 2 becasue I have a c and d drive, and I bought it already setup from someone, but it is a dell opti plex ss260 pentinum 4, ok and I will check the bios thank you....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvonna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 AM
The VenumX Factor

I know it is IDE, I think I have 2 becasue I have a c and d drive, and I bought it already setup from someone, but it is a dell opti plex ss260 pentinum 4, ok and I will check the bios thank you....
ok yeah just make sure that bios are set up for an IDE harddrive and not a sata, dont know how it coulda got messed up but i suppose it coulda got messed up. I guess im still not sure what error messages you are getting, but not seeing the hard drive with no errors is a little weird.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

ok yeah just make sure that bios are set up for an IDE harddrive and not a sata, dont know how it coulda got messed up but i suppose it coulda got messed up. I guess im still not sure what error messages you are getting, but not seeing the hard drive with no errors is a little weird.
yea apparently he have to set it in the bios to read master and slave make the new installation as master so he can use the slave for other operating system like i do for backup.Its kinda hard to explain at 4:45 in the morning...but check your bios and either choose which will be the master and which will be the slave and when you install the os then you choose the drive to where you want you os to be.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i know it is ide, i think i have 2 becasue i have a c and d drive, and i bought it already setup from someone, but it is a dell opti plex ss260 pentinum 4, ok and i will check the bios thank you....
hi the ose windows xp 7 on what speed thit you burn this realy inportant also you burn this at speed 1 if you burn faster can give you errors saying missing files like boot.ini so burn again on speed 1
and follow the advice pb and venum gave you about your hd oke

grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

There is a C and D drive prolly because it was partitioned while it was in XP.

You were having issues and then you loaded WindowsXP 7 onto it, since you didn't have any of the original discs?

You made the iso image on your laptop which is running vista and then put it into your pc that was running xp?

Do you know which drive you told it to go to?

I've looked and looked and have yet to find a SS260. I have found the SX and GX models of the 260. The GX is the P4 version.

Best I can do so far is tell you that I have found a couple of versions of the system restore command. Since you say it installed and then didn't find the hard disc, there is prolly an issue with the drivers. I will tell you that the system restore with leave you without any of the info that you had. Given the situation that you are in now, I'm guessing that it's better than nothing.

Found two ways so far to do the system restore.
First one is to turn it off, turn it back on and as it comes up, either hold down or start tapping F2; no decisive answer as to which works.
Second one is to turn it off, turn it back on and as it comes back up; hold down CTRL and start hitting F11

I found several Dell forums and some minimal support at Dell's own website. You may need to go there to get some of your drivers if you do decide to restore it.

Good luck, hope it helps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:17 PM

what tool can I use to burn to be able to change the speed to 1, because all the once I have seen so far I have not been able to change the speed and also the file is bigger than 700mb which is most blank cd's i tried using blank DVD but that didn't work also
Old 06-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what tool can i use to burn to be able to change the speed to 1, because all the once i have seen so far i have not been able to change the speed and also the file is bigger than 700mb which is most blank cd's i tried using blank dvd but that didn't work also
hi active iso burning its free app google it DVD wil work

grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nero let me change it to 2x which is slow enough to have a sucessful burn. Also, make sure you have any unnessecary apps closed and not running in the backround.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply