Old 06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead

FAA -- Billy Wasn't Wearing a Seat Belt on Plane

Posted Jun 28th 2009 12:58PM by TMZ Staff
The FAA is already deflecting blame for the death of Billy Mays -- claiming the legendary TV pitchman wasn't wearing a seat belt when he took a shot to the head during a rough landing on a flight he was on yesterday.

Here's what we know -- Billy Mays was aboard US Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which landed roughly when the [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]front [COLOR=#29A256 ! important]tire[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
blew out as it touched down. After the flight, Billy told FOX 13 in Tampa that something struck him in the head -- here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We called the FAA for comment, and a spokesperson told us, "The passenger needs to wear a seat belt during landing and he didn't."

A spokesperson for US [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]Airways[/COLOR][/COLOR] did not want to comment until more information comes to light.

Billy posted about it last on his Twitter last night, saying, "Just had a close call landing in Tampa. The tires blew out upon landing. Stuck in the plane on the runway. You can always count on US Air."

TMZ has confirmed TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead today in his home in Tampa, Florida early this morning.

According to the Tampa PD, the 50-year-old TV pitchman was found unresponsive by his wife Deborah at 7:45 AM.

TMZ has learned Mays' body has already been removed from his home.

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]tire[/COLOR][/COLOR] upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We're told Mays was at his home around 6:00 PM last night, and according to a source Mays was "acting fine and normal ... he was talking business with his father-in-law."

According to cops, there are no signs of forced entry to the residence and no foul play is suspected.

The Medical Examiner's [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]office[/COLOR][/COLOR] is expected to complete the autopsy by tomorrow afternoon.

Billy's wife Deborah just released the following statement: "Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman released a statement Sunday that reads, "Everyone that knows him was aware of his larger-than-life personality, generosity and warmth. Billy was a pioneer in his field and helped many people fulfill their dreams. He will be greatly missed as a loyal andcompassionate friend."

Story developing .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead

noooo oxxyyy clleannnn

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dang sad to see, what is it with Big name people dying this last week. I never seen something like this before.....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Dang sad to see, what is it with Big name people dying this last week. I never seen something like this before.....
i know thats 4 in one weeks which amazes me!! i wish hollywood look and hopefully no one is next anytime soon. and venum i thought the same thing at first...... i wonder what will happen to his new show pitchmen.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW that's lots of people taken away this past week(end) .... God bless them all!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Lexxo013's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Lexxo013's Photo Album Add Lexxo013's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thats Sad I just found out just a few mins ago, may he rest in Peace.. Oxy Clean for life...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexxo013 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
billy, dead, mays, pitchman