ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint matches Verizons pace launching BlackBerry Tour on July 12

Sprint matches Verizon's pace, launching BlackBerry Tour on July 12

by Chris Ziegler

“ Quote ”

So much for exclusivity, eh? Sprint is staying toe-to-toe with Verizon in the race to get the BlackBerry Tour to market, launching the consensus hottest RIM device to date on July 12 for $199.99 on contract after rebates. It's awfully refreshing to see an ominous statement like "later this summer" morph into "early summer" instead of slipping into the "dead of winter" as is all too often the case with hotly-anticipated phones, and we have a sneaking suspicion the Tour's gonna sell like a remastered Bonnie Tyler live album (that's a good thing, by the way). Who's in?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint matches Verizons pace launching BlackBerry Tour on July 12

Dang I am loving this. Sprint is not messing around anymore. Sprint (and Palm) appear to be tired of getting pushed around by the so called big boys. Sprint is going after Verizon and ATT and Palm is going after Apple (in the smartphone market). I LOVE an underdog!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint matches Verizons pace launching BlackBerry Tour on July 12

Sprint just has a bad rep from back in the day that some people just can't let go. Sprint has the fastest data...yes is it faster than verizon...on paper..spec for spec. Faster upload and download speeds. Also, Sprint is cheaper than both Verizon and At&t, and even Tmobile in some cases when comparing apples to apples. It does depend on where you live as to what carrier works best for you sometimes, because no carrier has perfect coverage. I personally never drop a call with Sprint, and Sprint roams off Verizon and Alltel so coverage isn't an issue for the most part. Small towns varry, but major cities and airports Sprint has on lock. Anyway, the Blackberry Tour looks very impressive and 3.2 megapixel cam was a shocker to me! I haven't seen much advertsing on this device..something Sprint needs to work on is Marketing! I think once the word gets out this device will do very well on both carriers. RIM claims to have taken the best from the 8900, the Bold, the Storm, and the curve and put them all into this new device. I hope that is true, we will find out on the 12th!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
blackberry, july, launching, matches, pace, sprint, tour, verizons