Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
I am so fukkin happy [was pissed] solved mthafcka haha

cant believe my damn luck.... long story short, i finally get my credit card and bills under control cuz of my new job as an electronics serv. associate and this was my first paycheck that i can spend a little on myself for a change.... i saw an ad bout two days ago for a Touch Pro that wowed me cuz they barely sell it where i usually buy for a decent price and i call up the dude... apparently he still has it and i told him to wait up till saturday where i get my check so i can take it off his hands... staurday is here and im dying to get out of work to cash my check and go pick it up but the office secretary wasnt there so i had to wait an extra hour till she arrived so she could give me my check. hour passed... got my check but apparently no bank was open today so i thought i was fuked cuz i cant get the cash to buy the pro 2day, so i call up my mom and i asked her if i could borrow the amount for the pro and id give it back 2morrow when i cash the check, fortunatlly she accepted and i had my dough... i call up the guy again and since he was from like 3 towns away, we settled on a meeting spot in between. we arrived and the guy gives me the box wit everything in it including a mint condition touch pro, it was a little short on battery so i wanted to activate it home but i first called and see if the esn was good wit sprint... it checked out a-ok but when i got home and tried to activate it, the msl code would not unlock the epst menu, so i hung up on like the third try. i tried online and it went though but still the code would not unlock even though the site told me what i needed to do... 5 minutes later i saw something peculiar, it said on sprint.com that i owned some old ass samsung wit no pic on the model, so i checked the pro to see wtf happened, after some observing and scratching i found out that there was a perfectly places sticker, on top of the pros esn covering it up perfectly like it came that way with the model id and esn of some other device!!!! i took that shit out and ringed sprint again to find out that the pros esn was in use although it has no service and repoted already....... i ring up the dude that sold me the phone, no answer.... 30 minutes later, phone off.... an hour later, no service.

this ****ing sucks man, i thought i finally got myself a touch pro to be able to hang out at SPJ again like i used to, after the all the shit i have been through selling my touch last month or so b4 i got my job to be ripped off man......

what i can do with this Pro now?? I cant activate it so im barely interested in it now.... so want to find a reason to not bash it against a wall.... (this is the part where you find different ways to say "you're screwed") I placed and ad for it for people who want to activate it in a provider besides sprint, but sucks to swim an ocean to die at the shore... now to tend to the big hole in my pocket...

thanx for reading....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: I am so fukkin pissed

I am sorry, that is FUBAR, hopefully someone someday will screw over that guy that sold u the phone. What a jerk........I hate to see honest people trying to make a living get screwed over.....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey mike sorry to hear that.. we still got alot jerks out there..small little world ill tell u that..if i see that ****ing little pis of crap(excuse my lang)make sure to give him a good touch of ur knuckles..once done think about spj and punch him some more..

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

damn mike thats too bad. i hate when people scam and lie to get some extra money... why dont they make it like the rest of us do..... and thats honestly..... hopefully you can track him down and report the theft to the police department, with enough proof they will trace the number and get a person that it belongs too.... will keep my fingers crossed and take pics of the esn stickers asdn all of that if you havent already.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man I'm very sorry to hear or read what happened to you bro ...I hate good people getting screwed ....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

hey mike sorry to hear that.. we still got alot jerks out there..small little world ill tell u that..if i see that ****ing little pis of crap(excuse my lang)make sure to give him a good touch of ur knuckles..once done think about spj and punch him some more..
I don't think violence is the only answer, but hey it's still an answer. Personally, I'd derive some deep satisfaction from watching mike work that guy over.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View hauntedchild's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hauntedchild's Photo Album Add hauntedchild's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry to hear that man!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hauntedchild For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 10:11 PM

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

I don't think violence is the only answer, but hey it's still an answer. Personally, I'd derive some deep satisfaction from watching mike work that guy over.
im not violent but sure pisses me off..thinking hes still gonna wonder around and do some scams to other people just hate those kind of people

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that sucks bro hope all works out for ya......

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dude -

So sorry to hear about what happened to you. I would suggest giving the number and the story to the local cops and see what happens.

Also saying this to you - getting burned isn't worth going to jail. Murphy's law prevails dude, you find him and pound on him, and you'll probably go to jail for assault or even attempted murder, since it's premeditated.

In regards to what do you do with that awesome brick you've got in your hands, I dunno what to tell you. You may find someone that physically damaged their phone that wants yours for parts; maybe you could get sprint to let you clone the esn and msl to the one you have. If you've been with them for a while and know a rep near you, you might get lucky if you tell them what happened. If possible, do you have a copy of the ad that you responded to?

Find a cutie at the sprint store and lay it on thick, you might get lucky in more ways than one!

You could probably load it up will all kinds of wicked stuff to help push the sale for another network. A theme and a cool rom, some apps, whatever. Might even get to have the start of a local mod service, if you play your cards right!

BTW - here's my parting shot ==== if it sounds too good to be true....

Good luck to you!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dude......there may be a path to salvation.........First of all, did they respond to you that the phone is stolen or just that it was just a bad ESn?

If it is not reported stolen, then what you can probably do is flash it to Cricket or VZW.....I would think that should take care of your problem.....sell it and make your $$ back......if you need some links, i will help get them to you.....been studying on how to flash the TP to work on Cricket.....

if it is reported stolen, call your local cops.......tell them what you discovered and they might do some digging and try to get to who sold it etc........cant say that they necessarily will, depending on the department, but might be worth a shot.....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 12:46 AM

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah, sell it on ebay. You could get some dough for it there too. They have the best deals on the TP around.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gbogart100 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dude sorry to hear that man, that would really piss me off to go and find this dude and kick his ass. but in the long run it aint worth it cause u probley could go to jail for kickin this dudes ass. like they say, what goes around comes around...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 01:12 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

dude sorry to hear that man, that would really piss me off to go and find this dude and kick his ass. but in the long run it aint worth it cause u probley could go to jail for kickin this dudes ass. like they say, what goes around comes around...
yup i feel that karma is a *****!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

HOLY CRAP!!!... thanks for the warning... dude that hella sucks... i would have chased that dude down... lol... say that someone stold my phone and folow the dudes gps... on phone... and kill his family.. no not really... but i WOULD be pissed... sorry man... i'm hoping to buy one too... so i do have to say.. thanks for the warning...

--------- New Post Merged on 5/7/2009 at 0225 --------

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

this one was a funny one...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yo idk how it is where u live but in cali theres a guy on craigslist who BUYS BACK dirty tp's.. imma look for the link to his add hopefully hell get it off ur hands for a good deal..

FOUND IT, I HOPE IT CAN HELP U EVEN THOUGH ITS IN CALIFORNIA

Code

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/1252060398.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mike i have a touch pro for sale brand new and never used.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that is messed up...I would have met him at his residence...lol....mike...how much did u shell out for this device anyways?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn bro that is BS!!! I understand how you feel man and I know it's not fair but carma is a ***** and he most likely had a blow out n his way home...if not he will get his... what goes around comes around ya know. It doesn't help you either way...the only thing that will is to customize it and flash it on another carrier...that's only solution to get money back in your pocket. I feel reallly bad bro and I'm sorry that happened to you! I have had some similar things happen to me as well in the past....but you gotta just put your thinking cap on and overcome this man..don't let some looser bring you down too far..keep your head held high and make the best of it...I hope you are able to sell it man...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

pm me or text me the esn mikey find some ESN history on that baby, see whos dirty hands have soiled it :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yess!!!!!!! I dont know what the **** happened but today the online activation went through!!!!

I have a touch pro woohoo!!!!!!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

yess!!!!!!! I dont know what the **** happened but today the online activation went through!!!!

well at least you didnt give up.....congrats brother

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

well at least you didnt give up.....congrats brother
WOW, 150 FOR A BRAND NEW TOUCH PRO hahaha

IM SO FUKKIN STOKED, LOOKS LIKE THE LINE THAT WAS HOLDING UP THE ESN WAS REMOVED FINALLY

DOWNLOADING NFSFAN'S ROM

THANX 4 DA SUPPORT GUYS

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats mike i am glad it all worked out in the end

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

congrats mike i am glad it all worked out in the end

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ
thanx bro, appreciate it!!

PS: damn you ot a lot of medals on your profile... you look like a veteran drill sargent

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanx bro, appreciate it!!

PS: damn you ot a lot of medals on your profile... you look like a veteran drill sargent

yeah its nice thanks cyber sargent then lol you guys voted for me so i have to thank yall

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Congrats bro glad you finally got something to go your way i know what it feels like to get screwed now enjoy ever bit of your touch pro while it last mine seems to be giving up might have to drop by sprint for a new one asurion now charges 100 lol they are nuts Congrats again and the Rom ur downloading is off the hook so your heading in the right direction .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM

WOW, 150 FOR A BRAND NEW TOUCH PRO hahaha

IM SO FUKKIN STOKED, LOOKS LIKE THE LINE THAT WAS HOLDING UP THE ESN WAS REMOVED FINALLY

DOWNLOADING NFSFAN'S ROM

THANX 4 DA SUPPORT GUYS
congrats mike and glad i didnt get a chance to list that last night for you yeah!!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

congrats mike and glad i didnt get a chance to list that last night for you yeah!!!!!
thanx for all your help bro, appreciate that u were willing to helpme dig myself out of that situation

but you can scratch that now

.....................................so sexy............................haha

--------- New Post Merged on 7/7/2009 at 0138 --------

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

your D/\SH senses were tingling saying "must....wait.....one....day''

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Hey mike glad it work for you..congrts on the touch pro

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

good thing mikey...wouldve def sucked to see that tp go to waste man...forget nsfan, try out NRGZ rom bro, the 6/30 date build. not the july5th build....if u dont like it then go back to nsfan
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats mike, u are gonna love it and nsfans new rom............blazing hot, im glad things worked out for u..........
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

thanx guys, i flashed nfsfan's rom and was a little turned off at the fact that it dont have the htc menus so i went with energyrom

that shit is bad ass!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

thanx guys, i flashed nfsfan's rom and was a little turned off at the fact that it dont have the htc menus so i went with energyrom

that shit is bad ass!!!
I think you can change the title now....just a thought, although it is creative...LMAO

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Awesome bro .... you see patience somehow pays off ....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

I think you can change the title now....just a thought, although it is creative...LMAO
done.

i did not know i still had the power to do that lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

good shit man! glad u didnt give up on it. congrats bro!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re: I am so fukkin pissed [was happy] hahaha updated

ok heres the update....

the touch pro is running fine but the net wasnt working... i took it to sprint and they told me that the inner workings of the usb port were broken and it was hard to communicate with the device via cable so they could not do their shit, i though it was BS cuz it charges and connects to activesync as well as flash drive just fine till i tried to unlock the device which always gave me communication errors... i can do it via sd card no problem as i did and flashed energyrom just now but i still cant connect to the web and they said theres nothing that can be done about that and i would have to call insurance and shell out 100 bucks for another one cuz the in-store warranty did not cover that. im thinking of selling it again via my local online classifieds like i always do cuz now that it works on sprint i can get a lot more that what i paid for it.

What do you think? if i can get my web working i would most likely keep it since i can flash via sd no problem and switch it for a pro2 easier than paying for it. i tried to update profile and prl but they always fail... i always get a incorrect username/password error 067 nd shit

if anyone can help me get my net workin again i would fully thankful and be back in da game, where can i manually get my internet settings?? cuz the carrier cab and prl cab dont work...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok heres the update....

the touch pro is running fine but the net wasnt working... i took it to sprint and they told me that the inner workings of the usb port were broken and it was hard to communicate with the device via cable so they could not do their shit, i though it was BS cuz it charges and connects to activesync as well as flash drive just fine till i tried to unlock the device which always gave me communication errors... i can do it via sd card no problem as i did and flashed energyrom just now but i still cant connect to the web and they said theres nothing that can be done about that and i would have to call insurance and shell out 100 bucks for another one cuz the in-store warranty did not cover that. im thinking of selling it again via my local online classifieds like i always do cuz now that it works on sprint i can get a lot more that what i paid for it.

What do you think? if i can get my web working i would most likely keep it since i can flash via sd no problem and switch it for a pro2 easier than paying for it. i tried to update profile and prl but they always fail... i always get a incorrect username/password error 067 nd shit

if anyone can help me get my net workin again i would fully thankful and be back in da game, where can i manually get my internet settings?? cuz the carrier cab and prl cab dont work...
wow, mike you just can't seem to catch a break.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

wow, mike you just can't seem to catch a break.
looks like it but i guess the hard part (the used esn) passed already...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Doesn't NRGZ Rom require you to run a .cab to get the data working? I thought thats what I read in one of his threads.

Code

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/showpost.php?p=931583&postcount=3
I think you need to use a dcd carrier cab, unless you already did that, then IDK...but I did see a lot of people having trouble with data on his rom

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

Doesn't NRGZ Rom require you to run a .cab to get the data working? I thought thats what I read in one of his threads.

Code

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/showpost.php?p=931583&postcount=3
I think you need to use a dcd carrier cab, unless you already did that, then IDK...but I did see a lot of people having trouble with data on his rom
i did that, doesnt work either...

heres the update, i have been on the live chat with a sprint representative and on the phone with a tech service agent last night ant it still doesnt work....

they told me do dial ##DATA# and restore the profile, soft reset and then attempt to update the profile via settings but it fails every time with error code 67 / incorrect username/password... i flashed to stock rom before this and hard resetted BTW and no dice... i think it may be a hardware problem cuz everytime i try to update my settings and fails, the username of the previous owner always goes back and thats maybe whats going on. but to no avail the device updates with my info...

the USB port damage that they mentioned was to connect the device to a diagnostic machine and since its damaged it cant connect to diagnose the problem (thats BS BTW cuz i have been flashing roms nd shit already via usb but oh well..) so i guess im stuck then...

bye bye Pro.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM

i did that, doesnt work either...

heres the update, i have been on the live chat with a sprint representative and on the phone with a tech service agent last night ant it still doesnt work....

they told me do dial ##DATA# and restore the profile, soft reset and then attempt to update the profile via settings but it fails every time with error code 67 / incorrect username/password... i flashed to stock rom before this and hard resetted BTW and no dice... i think it may be a hardware problem cuz everytime i try to update my settings and fails, the username of the previous owner always goes back and thats maybe whats going on. but to no avail the device updates with my info...

the USB port damage that they mentioned was to connect the device to a diagnostic machine and since its damaged it cant connect to diagnose the problem (thats BS BTW cuz i have been flashing roms nd shit already via usb but oh well..) so i guess im stuck then...

bye bye Pro.....
ill still look deeper into this so dont give up this soon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2009, 12:50 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

issue solved guys and gals!!! i de-programmed and programmed the device again, restored and attempted to update my data profile multiple times till eventually it updated with my new username id. but that was after it deprogrammed by itself and remained stuck in digital roaming... glad i printed my msl and programming info so i could program it once agin, but after clearing that shit out i have a perfectlly working touch pro woohoo!!! thanx for the support guys

ps. im typing this from my new pro, i never knew how much i missed a keyboard till now hahaha

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

Re: I am so fukkin happy [was pissed] solved mthafcka haha

good job mike......I dont think i ever seen a threads name changed so many times.....lol....lmao.......hahahahaha

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2009, 03:23 AM

issue solved guys and gals!!! i de-programmed and programmed the device again, restored and attempted to update my data profile multiple times till eventually it updated with my new username id. but that was after it deprogrammed by itself and remained stuck in digital roaming... glad i printed my msl and programming info so i could program it once agin, but after clearing that shit out i have a perfectlly working touch pro woohoo!!! thanx for the support guys

ps. im typing this from my new pro, i never knew how much i missed a keyboard till now hahaha
glad it all worked out for you mike! congrats and now sit back and enjoy it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
fukkin, haha, hahaha, happy, mthafcka, pissed, solved, updated