Old 07-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Metalmayhem Metalmayhem is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Touch Pro2 calls dibs on 35mm audio jack for Telus and Verizon

That was quick. We heard that HTC was moving to standardize around 3.5mm audio jacks but we weren't necessarily expecting the meaty Touch Pro2 to be on that list of devices. After all, it's already shipping in its GSM version. Nevertheless, MobileSyrup has an unreleased CDMA version of Touch Pro2 for Telus (and ultimately, Verizon) that goes straight-up 3.5mm -- not goofy ExtUSB jack converter required. Oh, and they've got video to prove it. See it after the break.

[Via WMExperts, thanks Guill M.]

&fs=1&hd=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1&hd=1" />">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Wow, Thats nice hope Sprint's version gets this too.(To bad for the flash...really going to miss it)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Touch Pro2 calls dibs on 35mm audio jack for Telus and Verizon

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

That was quick. We heard that HTC was moving to standardize around 3.5mm audio jacks but we weren't necessarily expecting the meaty Touch Pro2 to be on that list of devices. After all, it's already shipping in its GSM version. Nevertheless, MobileSyrup has an unreleased CDMA version of Touch Pro2 for Telus (and ultimately, Verizon) that goes straight-up 3.5mm -- not goofy ExtUSB jack converter required. Oh, and they've got video to prove it. See it after the break.

[Via WMExperts, thanks Guill M.]

&fs=1&hd=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1&hd=1" />">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Wow, Thats nice hope Sprint's version gets this too.(To bad for the flash...really going to miss it)
nice but hos is it that we are last... verizon is always last to release and firsdt is us followed by alltel.... telus not has this out, verizon soon, gsm already for a while.... but no date from sprint? come on sprint get on your game and dont put all your time into one device.... (pre)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was expecting them to at least put it on the top of the phone in case you get a "good" case that faces your phone upwards so the headphone wire don't get tangled up. Never the less, I am glad that they finally switched it to 3.5mm anyways.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by nadcicle View Post

I was expecting them to at least put it on the top of the phone in case you get a "good" case that faces your phone upwards so the headphone wire don't get tangled up. Never the less, I am glad that they finally switched it to 3.5mm anyways.
true, that was my main beef about the adapter since you couldnt even really use a case with that honker of an adapter connected haha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

true, that was my main beef about the adapter since you couldnt even really use a case with that honker of an adapter connected haha
dude if the TP2 has a 3.5 mm jack im sold on it. that alone is worth upgrading from the TP

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Mobile Model: TouchPro2
Mobile Carrier: telus
Mobile OS: 6.1

View medic88's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View medic88's Photo Album Add medic88's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

dude if the TP2 has a 3.5 mm jack im sold on it. that alone is worth upgrading from the TP
I agree. So many more possibilities! But I probably would have got it anyway! Can't wait for July 21!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to medic88 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

hahahha i know thats whats up son!!! im pretty stoked sicne now i will actually wanna listen to music on my device... before it was just too mmuch work and pretty embarassing to listen to music on with all the attachments...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahha i know thats whats up son!!! im pretty stoked sicne now i will actually wanna listen to music on my device... before it was just too mmuch work and pretty embarassing to listen to music on with all the attachments...
wrd bro, i aint luggin a 3-4 in. cable around with me every time i wanna listen to music, get wit the program HTC!! looks like they finally seein the things that make people like the iphone more hahaha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
35mm, audio, calls, dibs, htc, jack, pro2, telus, touch, verizon