Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
I Gots Me A Pre

Well here is the story, my keyboard was acting up last nite and i thought it was NFSFAN's new rom cuz i saw another post with the same issue till i flashed back to Juicy for it to be the same way still, it finally died last nite and i flashed back to stock to take it to repair, as my luck has it the Pro was flagged "damaged beyond repair" due to the no internet incident and the chipped usb port so i could not do anything about it cept pay 100 bucks for another one via insurance. I randomly asked how much it would cost me an upgrade for a Pre since my contract still has some juice left and i did not think id get the full discount for a new contract. the representative old me 199.99 (WHAT???? ARE U SERIOUS??) i was shocked to hear that since last i checked i had only 150 credit so it would cost me 400, but i had full upgrade credit so i took it

you are looking at a proud owner of a new Palm Pre, and still have my Pro handy to keep up with the times but glad to try something new and promising like WebOS

(PS. the computer is at the repairs so when i get it back ill help out filling the WebOS section here in SPJ)

peace yall.....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: I Gots Me A Pre

congrats too you mike... your gonna love the PRE.. FYI... when you are eligible for the full $150 upgrade off the price of a phone .. Sprint.com. will honor any instant saving as well as any web special or mail in rebate....off the price of that device as long as, you are eligible for the full $150 upgrade. You could have got the Touch PRO for $299 IF you wanted to... in any case, enjoy the new phone..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats mike and you will like it of not love it dpeends really on user..... its a fun device and i got the palm webos section hooked up the other day with all the homebrewed apps and games but still gonna need some help building the area too hell if jew wants ( if not busy with his rom) us 3 shoudl take the section over without a vengence and get that puppy suitable for all to enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yep... the $150.00 credit is the highest upgrade you can get. Anyone who has the $150.00 credit gets the instant savings and mail in rebates that come along with it. I'M GLAD YOU GOT YOURSELF A PRE BRO.... THAT'S AWESOME! I use my pre for everyday normal stuff, but I use WINMO or all the customizing and apps and flashing etc... I just can't do all that on my Pre yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

Yep... the $150.00 credit is the highest upgrade you can get. Anyone who has the $150.00 credit gets the instant savings and mail in rebates that come along with it. I'M GLAD YOU GOT YOURSELF A PRE BRO.... THAT'S AWESOME! I use my pre for everyday normal stuff, but I use WINMO or all the customizing and apps and flashing etc... I just can't do all that on my Pre yet.
yup i got two of them waiting for me with the 150 so i cant wait until the new batch comes out hahahahah ill have to getting the ones that sprint doesnt send me even though i havent heard much from them recently and they say its because of the pre so i prolly wont be beta testing here until the 2010 again
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats mike, mine has been acting up also and thought it was that rom too cause it didnt happen till i flashed it. so i went back to the SsS and the only thing that is messing up is the space bar. i cant get my full refund till nov so i might just wait it out for the pro 2 and just open an account for my son next week and take the pre from him, lol but anyways congrats again!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:28 PM

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

congrats mike, mine has been acting up also and thought it was that rom too cause it didnt happen till i flashed it. so i went back to the SsS and the only thing that is messing up is the space bar. i cant get my full refund till nov so i might just wait it out for the pro 2 and just open an account for my son next week and take the pre from him, lol but anyways congrats again!
hahahaha just take the pre from him lmao hahahha thats a true junkie cant even let his son get a piece of the pie
Old 07-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats MIKE20PRO WHIT YOUR NEW PRE HAVE FUN THINKERING WHIT IT LOL

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man oh man I gotta say I LOVE this thing man, so smooth and fluid that's it feels like a breathe of fresh air. I specifically asked for the last one they received due to the build quality of the first batches and this puppy is rock solid. I downloaded webos 1.1 which is a great upgrade considering the small amount of time it has been out, some cool apps like tweed, pandora, flixter, and accuweather. So far so good guys, thanx for the comments

Ps. Typing this from the pre keyboard, its not bad at all considering all whe whining... I type pretty fast without typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

Man oh man I gotta say I LOVE this thing man, so smooth and fluid that's it feels like a breathe of fresh air. I specifically asked for the last one they received due to the build quality of the first batches and this puppy is rock solid. I downloaded webos 1.1 which is a great upgrade considering the small amount of time it has been out, some cool apps like tweed, pandora, flixter, and accuweather. So far so good guys, thanx for the comments

Ps. Typing this from the pre keyboard, its not bad at all considering all whe whining... I type pretty fast without typos
thats because you got girl hands lmao just messing and yea it isnt bad once you get used to it to tell the truth.... i got some new methods again that make it easy to get homebrwed apps on your device..... be sure to check through the blogs i wrote over at cnet for many useful tips and such in the pre also....... any questions feel free to ask and shoudl hopefully be getting some wallpapers and such loaded today
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gots, pre