Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 AM
ohthebaby ohthebaby is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: SPRINT TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ohthebaby's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ohthebaby's Photo Album Add ohthebaby's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Question about buying pro on ebay

if i decide to buy a touch pro on ebay when i switch my phone on my current sprint account will i be able to get insurance on the pro since its not bought straight from sprint tyia guys
The Following User Says Thank You to ohthebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.5

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Question about buying pro on ebay

Hmm, kinda touchy but I think i'll try and answer this.

I bought myself and my wife a mogul quite a while back off of ebay and had a samsung a920 at the time. Instead of calling sprint or taking it to a store I decided to try it myself on their website and everything switched over fine without any problems. Well about a month later my wife broke the usb charging port on her mogul and we took it in to the store and they replaced it. Now i don't know if it will be as easy with the pro, but i say go for it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you should be fine adding the insurance....i'm pretty sure that as long as the phone has been activated on the account for less than 30 days...no matter where you bought it, then you can add insurance....also if you already have insurance on your phone it will automatically transfer to your new one

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you will be fine.... just tell them that you got the device in store and not on ebay if they ask and they will transfer it over and allow it with not troubles.... if you drop the ebay word they def wont do it.... but as long as you dont say ebay it would be a guarntee.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't have a problem. Before I had my mogul, I bought a ppc-6600 (the huge phone) on ebay that was completely broken...but had a clean esn. I added it to my account, and since I already had insurance they just carried it over. I think either later that day or the very next day I called and reported it stolen. They sent me a brand new one....which I actually traded to a guy strait up for a mogul. So I got my mogul for $80 when it was brand new. The guy was older and liked the bigger screen....he def got ripped off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: Bell
Mobile OS: 5.0

View chopsuix's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chopsuix's Photo Album Add chopsuix's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dude ebay is a great way to get stuff but you have to be careful. My friend go stuck with a sick nokia, too bad the entire firmware was in mandarin. Tough beans!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chopsuix For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 01:30 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Now question.... do you already have insurance? If so than it wil carry over no matter what device you put on as long as it's not stolen etc. BUT, if you don't have insurance already and you just doing a esn swap and trying to ADD insurance that TECHNICALLY no you can't....but sometimes it works.... flip a coin! Policy is that you only have 30 days to add insurance from the time of upgrade or new activation. If past 30 days you can NOT just add it UNYIL you upgrade next time or pay full price for a no commit device. I work at Sprint and I can tell you what I have done and has worked as many times as it hasn't... someone comes in (a friend of mine or something) and doesn't have TEP (insurance) and phone is broke but he has another he can switch to. Once we do the switch I attempt to ADD TEP and a few times it stuck on and the customer was able to make a claim and get his original phone back boom problem solve. BUT, sometimes the system will catch that it i just an esn swap and the TEP feature add on will not be approved. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE YOUR COMPLETELY FINE NO WORRIES BRO. If not, dont mention ebay regardless, do what I just mentioned and after swap try to add it. then call heads and hope like hell it dont land on tails ya feel me... hope this helps put things in perspecive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
buying, ebay, pro, question