puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Facebook Hit With Privacy-violation Lawsuit

Five people have filed a suit against Facebook, charging the social-networking company with violating California privacy laws and false advertising.

Facebook users assume that personal information and photos that they post on the site are shared only with authorized friends, the suit, filed in the Superior Court for California in Orange County, says. “Users may be unaware that data they submit … may be extracted and then shared, stored, licensed or downloaded by other persons or third parties they have not expressly authorized,” the suit reads.
facebok

Writing and photos that people share on the Internet are protected by law, so using that content without permission from the owner infringes on the creator’s rights, the lawsuit alleges.

source info
Attached Thumbnails
facebok.jpg  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Facebook Hit With Privacy-violation Lawsuit

I heard about this a couple weeks ago when a man saw a picture of his wife in a singles ad on facebook.....I wonder what his status update was after that??

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 12:00 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

According to what I have read, FB has gone from social network to data collection/selling. Apparently they are using what people post and other information like demographics, location and such to sell information to whomever might want to pay for it. This isn't the first time they are getting into hot water; they don't comply with some jurisdiction's privacy laws; they tried to change their TOS to basically OWN whatever is posted on their site. How unreal is that?

What was a good idea seems to have gotten to be more of a commercial endeavour. When was the last time you actually READ the TOS for a site that you were signing up for? I have tried in vain to caution my children and friends to be very careful of what they post on the internet. Most folks feel that if a picture is on the web, then it's fair game. Have these people not heard of photoshop?
Seriously, from watching Judge Judy and all those other shows, everyone has seen how easy it is for your ex's new best bud to go your myspace or facebook or twitter and pull all kinds of information off to show the WORLD what kind of person you are.
Be mindful of what you post!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 AM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

I heard about this a couple weeks ago when a man saw a picture of his wife in a singles ad on facebook.....I wonder what his status update was after that??

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

According to what I have read, FB has gone from social network to data collection/selling. Apparently they are using what people post and other information like demographics, location and such to sell information to whomever might want to pay for it. This isn't the first time they are getting into hot water; they don't comply with some jurisdiction's privacy laws; they tried to change their TOS to basically OWN whatever is posted on their site. How unreal is that?

What was a good idea seems to have gotten to be more of a commercial endeavour. When was the last time you actually READ the TOS for a site that you were signing up for? I have tried in vain to caution my children and friends to be very careful of what they post on the internet. Most folks feel that if a picture is on the web, then it's fair game. Have these people not heard of photoshop?
Seriously, from watching Judge Judy and all those other shows, everyone has seen how easy it is for your ex's new best bud to go your myspace or facebook or twitter and pull all kinds of information off to show the WORLD what kind of person you are.
Be mindful of what you post!

yep. and that the issue with these social sites.And i also heard that your employer can snoop around your personal life.And can use it against you..that's why i'm very caution to what i post or say..because of my job title it can hurt me later for a promotion

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

haha lol intresthing selling information about intrest for advertising and using as marketing product there are also pleople how crapt about the boss but forgot he whas in the friends list he post on her pricboard your fired lol and the belgian goverment tax department like to snoop arround if you dont lif above your standard haha yeah and thy had already few cases whit facebook members how made a settelment lol hahaha be carefull what you post online

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahahah thats insane which is why im glad that i dont update mine that i made for a contest and havent used since.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
facebook, hit, lawsuit, privacyviolation