Old 07-18-2009, 01:23 AM
austinator austinator is offline   Thread Starter  
Blackberry Dude
Mobile Model: Rim 8330
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Unknown

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View austinator's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View austinator's Photo Album Add austinator's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Can Google get any better

Ok so I know this isn't exactly the perfect place for this thread, but it's soooooooooooooooooo awesome that I just had to share, and it definately deserves it's own thread, not with the other apps.

Ok so for those that don't know, there was once a forwarding service known as grandcentral. It allowed you to forward a fake number to certian phone line or lines. It was great. And then google bought it.

Now we have google voice. This new feature from google gives you a fake number to give to people, that you have total and absolute control over. You can control what voicemails people go to, you can control wether or not certian people go straight to voicemail or get a number not in service message. You can forward it temporarily to any number you want. You can receive texts on this app now. All of your texts save to an inbox on the google server, haven't you ever wondered how to get your old texts back?

You can text or call people from the computer. You can call in to your own number, input a pin and make a call that will disguise your phone number as the forwarding number, wether it be from your phone or a friends.

It transcribes your voicemails into text and emails it to you, great for us smartphone and pda junkies that recieve our email, because then instead of getting a voicemail, you get an email of the message trascribed.

You can ever record your calls with it, and prescreen all callers.

But I saved the best for last. That's right, not only is there actually a mobile site for this, but there is an app for blackberry and android operating systems.

Here are some screen shots from my bb.

Here is the app on my main screen

when you first open the app

you literally just dial the number, no selecting anything crazy, no nothing. JUST LIKE NORMAL.

Your text conversations save as a threaded message, here are the different conversations

It even goes as far as to work with the rest of the OS in the addressbook. You now have the option to call or sms a contact, but also call or sms using google voice.

I feel all giddy like a little school girl.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Can Google get any better

damn now that is a pretty damn cool idea right there...... i would be stoked if i was a blackberry user.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 05:46 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

damn now that is a pretty damn cool idea right there...... i would be stoked if i was a blackberry user.
Theres a version for WM as well

Code

http://www.gvdialer.com/

Code

http://www.wmexperts.com/while-youre-waiting-gvdialer-app-google-voice
Glad I got my google voice invite already, took more than a year to get it.

I through in a couple a of WRZ$ to request this at *you know where* but might end up buying it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Good thread. Man i just sold my blackberry to a friend that need it a phone for $10 i wish i would of kept it now to give this app a run but oh well..
The Following User Says Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Blackberry Dude

View austinator's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View austinator's Photo Album Add austinator's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

damn now that is a pretty damn cool idea right there...... i would be stoked, i should become a blackberry user.
You're absolutely right.
The Following User Says Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Mobile Model: Modded Vogue

View wdbanks's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View wdbanks's Photo Album Add wdbanks's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yo, this is really off the chain. Im using it now on my Vogue. I can talk at home or on my cell using one number and receive calls the same way and never use my personal info. The option to listen in while someone is leaving a voicemail is the best feature to me. This is a reason to get giddy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wdbanks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My brother has the same app on his phone and the day he found out about it he was excited about it too ....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got this on the 15th.......

You are invited to open a free Google Voice account. To accept this invitation and create your account, visit https://www.google.com/voice/inv/XnP...f980ff833dad60

If you haven't already heard about it, Google Voice is a service that makes using your current phones much better!

Here's what it offers:
  • A personal phone number that rings all of your existing phones when people call
  • All of your voicemail in one inbox with unlimited online storage and free voicemail transcripts sent to your phone and email
  • Low-priced international calling to over 200 countries and free SMS
  • Other powerful features like the first phone spam filter to protect you from unwanted callers, the ability to ListenInTM on your voicemail messages while they are being left, conference calling and more
To learn more about Google Voice before registering, visit: http://www.google.com/voice/about

Please note that Google Voice is only available for sign up in the US.

We hope you enjoy Google Voice,

The Google Voice Team

And I only signed up for the invite a few months ago, lmfao..... people been waiting over a year for this, lol.... hey I'm not complaining and I love it! Very nice app and I will be putting to good use! Especially working at Sprint. I won't mind giving my number out so much now because I control everything! It's awesome.... I even got to pick the # I wanted.... can't say enough about this app.

--------- New Post Merged on 20/7/2009 at 0323 --------

Gotta give credit to Metalmayham for posting this a few months back..

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/google-voice-t182635.html?t=182635&highlight=google+voice
I will post up some screenies once I DL the WM version of this app on my phone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

Theres a version for WM as well

Code

http://www.gvdialer.com/

Code

http://www.wmexperts.com/while-youre-waiting-gvdialer-app-google-voice
Glad I got my google voice invite already, took more than a year to get it.

I through in a couple a of WRZ$ to request this at *you know where* but might end up buying it.

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

I got this on the 15th.......

You are invited to open a free Google Voice account. To accept this invitation and create your account, visit https://www.google.com/voice/inv/XnP...f980ff833dad60

If you haven't already heard about it, Google Voice is a service that makes using your current phones much better!

Here's what it offers:
  • A personal phone number that rings all of your existing phones when people call
  • All of your voicemail in one inbox with unlimited online storage and free voicemail transcripts sent to your phone and email
  • Low-priced international calling to over 200 countries and free SMS
  • Other powerful features like the first phone spam filter to protect you from unwanted callers, the ability to ListenInTM on your voicemail messages while they are being left, conference calling and more
To learn more about Google Voice before registering, visit: http://www.google.com/voice/about

Please note that Google Voice is only available for sign up in the US.

We hope you enjoy Google Voice,

The Google Voice Team

And I only signed up for the invite a few months ago, lmfao..... people been waiting over a year for this, lol.... hey I'm not complaining and I love it! Very nice app and I will be putting to good use! Especially working at Sprint. I won't mind giving my number out so much now because I control everything! It's awesome.... I even got to pick the # I wanted.... can't say enough about this app.

--------- New Post Merged on 20/7/2009 at 0323 --------

Gotta give credit to Metalmayham for posting this a few months back..

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/google-voice-t182635.html?t=182635&highlight=google+voice
I will post up some screenies once I DL the WM version of this app on my phone.
Yeah I remember metal talking about this a while back... but this is a pay for program? lame... what happpened to google's whole, open source free tech crap?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Yeah I remember metal talking about this a while back... but this is a pay for program? lame... what happpened to google's whole, open source free tech crap?
No bro it's totally free..... ONLY if you want international calls then you get low rates available for that.... this is a FREE SERVICE. Just wanted to be clear about that in case anyone lse was confused. Google voice just took over and ADDED a BUNCH of features to make even better. It's 1st come 1st serve bases... (suppose to be) and is by invite only until it goes public.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No bro it's totally free..... ONLY if you want international calls then you get low rates available for that.... this is a FREE SERVICE. Just wanted to be clear about that in case anyone lse was confused. Google voice just took over and ADDED a BUNCH of features to make even better. It's 1st come 1st serve bases... (suppose to be) and is by invite only until it goes public.
thanks appreciate the info... ill sign up for a invite now...good share!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

its crazy that people have been waiting for about a year for this service but i think its worth it i have bout 3 weeks waiting so i hope i dont have to wait a year but if i have to i dont mind
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im still waiting for mine after 9 months
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Blackberry Dude

“ Originally Posted by jdep1 View Post

its crazy that people have been waiting for about a year for this service but i think its worth it i have bout 3 weeks waiting so i hope i dont have to wait a year but if i have to i dont mind
does it have to be the proper area code? If you signed up when it was grandcentral, sign up again. I don't think that all the sign ups transferred over. Anyway, if it doesn't need to be the correct area code, PM me, I might still have an extra one if I can remember the password.
The Following User Says Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM

“ Originally Posted by austinator View Post

does it have to be the proper area code? If you signed up when it was grandcentral, sign up again. I don't think that all the sign ups transferred over. Anyway, if it doesn't need to be the correct area code, PM me, I might still have an extra one if I can remember the password.
im not sure if it does but if you could that would be great and sending pm now
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: Bell
Mobile OS: 5.0

View chopsuix's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chopsuix's Photo Album Add chopsuix's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Honestly google is amazing! I love how fast accurate the serach resutls are and gmail is way better than hotmail. I'm just waiting till google releases its phone! im going to buy 3 of those
Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

I now have 2 google voice #'s and I didnt even request an invite until the 15th of last month or so. Now I got 2 within 2 months... and people are waiting??? I dont get it...shit if I had 3 gmails I would get a third and hand it out cause they giving em to me fast like nothing!

BTW.. feel free to hit me up sometime ALL SPJ are welcome. 904-469-8287. thanks to the SPAM option the 1st time I get a prank call I will spam that ass and you will get "doo doo doo...the # you are trying to reach has been disconnected!!!!!" hahahah I love that shit. I dont mind given the # out because I control it. My voicmails come in text & email format plus I can record calls man shit is dope for real..
The Following User Says Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM

I now have 2 google voice #'s and I didnt even request an invite until the 15th of last month or so. Now I got 2 within 2 months... and people are waiting??? I dont get it...shit if I had 3 gmails I would get a third and hand it out cause they giving em to me fast like nothing!

BTW.. feel free to hit me up sometime ALL SPJ are welcome. 904-469-8287. thanks to the SPAM option the 1st time I get a prank call I will spam that ass and you will get "doo doo doo...the # you are trying to reach has been disconnected!!!!!" hahahah I love that shit. I dont mind given the # out because I control it. My voicmails come in text & email format plus I can record calls man shit is dope for real..
word ill make a thread on this laster where we all can share are google numbers with eachother
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

thanks appreciate the info... ill sign up for a invite now...good share!

“ Originally Posted by jdep1 View Post

im still waiting for mine after 9 months

wow... all this waitin for ppl is crazay... i got mine a week after the post where i said id submit now... i think maybe itll come faster if u have a gmail account?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was fortunate to have Grand Central for the whole family and myself. We converted easily and then I received an invite to one of my Gmail accounts recently. I wish I had the ability to invite like I did a year ago. I was giving it out w/o issues... now, nothing
Stay positive, it will come

The Following User Says Thank You to forty01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 PM

ot mine finally and have this running on my g1, pre, and touch pro oh yeah and now iphone
Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

ot mine finally and have this running on my g1, pre, and touch pro oh yeah and now iphone
Hey do just have your numbers routed to ur pre or do u have the app on ur pre? I pre is not jailbroken yet so i havent got root access but do you need it for just the google app IF thats what ur using on ur pre, lol? just curious bro..thnx
Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 PM

Hey do just have your numbers routed to ur pre or do u have the app on ur pre? I pre is not jailbroken yet so i havent got root access but do you need it for just the google app IF thats what ur using on ur pre, lol? just curious bro..thnx
i ogt the application and you dont need to root... all you need is the sdk and their are apps like rolercoaster and such where you can download straight from your phones browser as well as having a drag anddrop one so you dont have to constantly go in and out of developers mode.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Mobile Model: Blackberry Curve
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View tehanna's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tehanna's Photo Album Add tehanna's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think bing and google should combine their amazing powers and create a phone. Google is so overrated even though their phones are great.
The Following User Says Thank You to tehanna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 03:01 PM

“ Originally Posted by tehanna View Post

I think bing and google should combine their amazing powers and create a phone. Google is so overrated even though their phones are great.
hahahahah that would be cool to see but withthem beirng major competitors in the computer world and now the ppc world would never happen..... microsoft insnt and wont ever sell to google and google would never sell to microsoft....... it would be cool to see what they would make together platform wise though and you cant forget about the google os they are trying to come out with also that will have google chrome as the browser also....
Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 5.0

View fonelove's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fonelove's Photo Album Add fonelove's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

didn't i hear something about MS working on a new phone tech?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by fonelove View Post

didn't i hear something about MS working on a new phone tech?
yeah wm 6.5 lmao hahahaahahhahhaah microsoft is always working on something because they never finish working on it lmao than they give up and make a whole new thing that doesnt work right to replace it and iit jusst keeps going on and on from there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn Dash how many phones you got?? LOL! Your all over the place aren't you, T Mobile, Sprint, and At&t. I bet you got VZW to dont you?
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM

“ Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post

Damn Dash how many phones you got?? LOL! Your all over the place aren't you, T Mobile, Sprint, and At&t. I bet you got VZW to dont you?
nope no verizons but one of the others that you mentioned at least.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Mobile Model: T-Mobile MDA
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Google is very awesome and im downloading google voice now

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
google