Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Kiit408 Kiit408 is offline   Thread Starter  
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HP Laptop Wireless Not Working

so i got hp LAPTOP about maybe 2 yrs ago.. im out of warranty i'm guessing and i can't get on the internet... it wasn't till i tried to download Dash's awesome links with tons of apps and games... (only got to download half of 1 link btw...) then my comp started slowing down and slowely started to get slower and slower.. (the time of download was increasing by hrs...) so i stopped and left the computer to chill... i wake up today to use and i can't even see any wireless networks or fix repair or anything... try system clean up and did everything.. i even thought it was my antivirus or spy ware so i removed everything and still nothing (of course i backed it up)

Once again this is an HP laptop and cannot access any wireless networks anyone have an answer?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HP Laptop Wireless Not Working

Try deleting anything u downloaded..then run a virus scan...then run a registry cleaner on it to clear anything left behind..if that dont worked try restoring to a day before computer started acting up...had the same promblem and that worked for me....hope this works..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

so i got hp LAPTOP about maybe 2 yrs ago.. im out of warranty i'm guessing and i can't get on the internet... it wasn't till i tried to download Dash's awesome links with tons of apps and games... (only got to download half of 1 link btw...) then my comp started slowing down and slowely started to get slower and slower.. (the time of download was increasing by hrs...) so i stopped and left the computer to chill... i wake up today to use and i can't even see any wireless networks or fix repair or anything... try system clean up and did everything.. i even thought it was my antivirus or spy ware so i removed everything and still nothing (of course i backed it up)

Once again this is an HP laptop and cannot access any wireless networks anyone have an answer?
have you gone to the hp site and looked at the drivers for your notebook and find the newest network or internet drivers and download and install and see what that does..... (i know you will have to use the phone or a diff computer to do so but would be where i would start
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Kiit408 Kiit408 is offline   Thread Starter  
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

found the updates will let you guys know how it goes in a bit.. thanks for the quick response!

--------- New Post Merged on 26/8/2009 at 0953 --------

i tried system restore and that did it..!!! thanks for the feedback guys.. i read the instructions at hp i totally forgot about that... and Dash.. i have a whole crap load of updates i need to install too... maybe that's one of the main problems i have... not letting the updates update automaticallly... i hate it... but i gotta have it. the list goes for 2 pages.. lol...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

found the updates will let you guys know how it goes in a bit.. thanks for the quick response!

i tried system restore and that did it..!!! thanks for the feedback guys.. i read the instructions at hp i totally forgot about that... and Dash.. i have a whole crap load of updates i need to install too... maybe that's one of the main problems i have... not letting the updates update automaticallly... i hate it... but i gotta have it. the list goes for 2 pages.. lol...
Glad it work for..it sucks without a lappy..way to go bud..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

glad that you got it all to work and prolly one of those weird errors that we will never know why it happened lmao
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
laptop, wireless, working