Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
bigchico68 bigchico68 is offline   Thread Starter  
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Hero Official Release Date (Sprint)

Ok so you have heard the rumors, but here is the facts. October 11th is the date. Sprint is releasing the Hero. Check out the pics of the phone specs and a pic of the document. Also click the link below for full document.

http://rapidshare.com/files/275113604/HPR.rar
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0027.jpg   IMAG0028.jpg  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Mobile Model: Touch PRO SUCKA
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View blkhairguy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blkhairguy's Photo Album Add blkhairguy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Hero Official Release Date (Sprint)

dam october... ima be pacing back and forth
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blkhairguy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

heres the link to that document if you dont feel like downloading it

Code

I like the siver alot better than the black and guess what else you can notice no gold its all silver and chrome whoot.

--------- New Post Merged on 3/9/2009 at 1237 --------

alright so I just opened up the boxes we just got here at radioshack from sprint and it was just flyer crap but ones about rebates and listed under smartphones for a $100 mail-in rebate is the HTC Hero. But These offers end on 10/31/09.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Mobile Model: ToMOFOPro

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So, I'm self-admittedly Android-stupid......is that platform superior to WM?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxdbkxx For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well its new so theres not as many apps and stuff yet and well I think its alot more user friendly but not lacking any of the power really plus you have google funding whatever tehy want this OS to do its kinda moving pretty fast not to mention its a open source OS so theres alot of independent developers working on it. Right now though I would say its prolly compairable to windows sense they have intergrated almost full Flash support. Its alot like the Point Ui in terms of you get widgets and stuff. I like it I have been running it on my HTC Vogue for awhile now. I dunno its prolly up to the person I liked WinMo alot but Android is so much easier to do stuff with as far as changing the look and feel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Mobile Model: Touch PRO SUCKA

View blkhairguy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blkhairguy's Photo Album Add blkhairguy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

Code

I like the siver alot better than the black and guess what else you can notice no gold its all silver and chrome whoot.

alright so I just opened up the boxes we just got here at radioshack from sprint and it was just flyer crap but ones about rebates and listed under smartphones for a $100 mail-in rebate is the HTC Hero. But These offers end on 10/31/09.
hell yeah ur getting it at radioshack... that place has good phones for cheap...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkhairguy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hell yeah thats great news that it was just off by the speculated release day by a couple of days im gonna be snatching this bad boy up for sure. thanks for passing the information around
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yep I just left a training on it and got to hold it and SPRINT WILL HAVE IT ON OCT. 11TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone is nice with 5megapixel cam... I just wish it had a keyboard... But the phone and interface is very nice!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM

was it the one thats in the pics with the silver color or was it black and gold?

--------- New Post Merged on 3/9/2009 at 0222 --------

oh and I dunno if we are getting it in my store I work for a franchise and well we are still trying to get rid of the orginal Instinct the bastards wont give us any new phones grrrr. I had to go to the corprate radio shack in the town over to get my HTC Vogue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View hauntedchild's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hauntedchild's Photo Album Add hauntedchild's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Looks good! The price is a lot more reasonable than the Pro 2 also. I think this will be the one to pull me away from WinMo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hauntedchild For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
bigchico68

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Code

Yeah and the phone comes out october 11th. Mail in rebates always have an end date and then on 11/1 there will be new ones with more than likely same exact pricing and same phones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i would rather have one of these than the tp2 after comparing and thinking about it, the keyboard i can live without......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well its new so theres not as many apps and stuff yet and well I think its alot more user friendly but not lacking any of the power really plus you have google funding whatever tehy want this OS to do its kinda moving pretty fast not to mention its a open source OS so theres alot of independent developers working on it. Right now though I would say its prolly compairable to windows sense they have intergrated almost full Flash support. Its alot like the Point Ui in terms of you get widgets and stuff. I like it I have been running it on my HTC Vogue for awhile now. I dunno its prolly up to the person I liked WinMo alot but Android is so much easier to do stuff with as far as changing the look and feel.
hi wel not treu about they apps alot of older and new android apps and games are working on hero and whe have a hole section full here @spj of it update weekly and you can not comparet_ this whit pointui rosie ui is much better widget screens themes setups its alot of stuff pointui cant do i am wimo fan but android is growing like crazy

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Yeah I was just talking about android in general it still doesnt have quite as many apps out for it but I meen I think they got most of the bases covered if you go searching for it. And yeah as far as the user interface I said point UI cause its about the only thing that I have seen that is similar but I cant say enough how easy the android OS is to use I like WinMO pretty much just for a few games that I cant find on Android but im sure that wont take long ot change.
The Following User Says Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

yeah i would rather have one of these than the tp2 after comparing and thinking about it, the keyboard i can live without......
it gets hard from time to time when you have to type a longer email on the go or text message...... sometimes can be a hassle but you can always get a bluetooth keyboard and just pair with that as needed.

Yeah I was just talking about android in general it still doesnt have quite as many apps out for it but I meen I think they got most of the bases covered if you go searching for it. And yeah as far as the user interface I said point UI cause its about the only thing that I have seen that is similar but I cant say enough how easy the android OS is to use I like WinMO pretty much just for a few games that I cant find on Android but im sure that wont take long ot change.
yeah android has more than just the apps we have here, they have many more free apps or small priced apps in the app store and game store..... pretty much any program on wm is being made for android now a days..... as i keep saying it may be what takes me from wm straight up..... getting the hero for surebut need my wm phone though for sure in the tp2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Dash you just have way to many phones from what it sounds like anyway I could come work for you or something maybe get on whatever super secret insider you got ya know hook a junkie up.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it gets hard from time to time when you have to type a longer email on the go or text message...... sometimes can be a hassle but you can always get a bluetooth keyboard and just pair with that as needed.

yeah android has more than just the apps we have here, they have many more free apps or small priced apps in the app store and game store..... pretty much any program on wm is being made for android now a days..... as i keep saying it may be what takes me from wm straight up..... getting the hero for surebut need my wm phone though for sure in the tp2
I would get the Hero but since it wont be SERO friendly im gonna pass.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 06:14 PM

how bout this develope the first Hero ESN changer and swap your esn off of your current phone onto the hero bingo bango no sero problems haha just make sure you buy your hero and not steal it from someone that would be wrong and even more illegal.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
bigchico68

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

HTC Hero does not require an everything data plan. So yes Sero will work. You just need a data pack to get the Hero. so Sero is good to go.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 08:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post

HTC Hero does not require an everything data plan. So yes Sero will work. You just need a data pack to get the Hero. so Sero is good to go.
jsut beat me to the punch was about to say that myself i know i will be loving my tp2 and hero combo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Update 9/3/09 8:30am CST: Sprint has officially announced the Hero will be released on October 11th for $179 with a $100 mail-in rebate and a two-year Simply Everything plan (sorry SERO users). Source: CNET

Code

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10338820-1.html

this is what was on the ppcgeeks site.

--------- New Post Merged on 5/9/2009 at 1008 --------

HTC Hero requires activation on a pricing plan offering unlimited data. Sprint’s Simply EverythingSM plan provides unlimited nationwide calling, texting, e-mail, social networking, Web browsing, GPS navigation, Sprint TV, streaming music, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile and much more for only $99.99 per month. That’s a savings of $1,200 over two years vs. a comparable AT&T iPhone® plan2. Sprint Everything Data plans with unlimited messaging and data start at just $69.99 for 450 minutes with unlimited night and weekend calling starting at 7 p.m. (All price plans exclude Sprint surcharges and taxes.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow that is a great price 179 and a 100 dollar mail in rebate just made me want to get it that much more now!!!! Thanks for the info.

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 02:07 PM

see what I think is that its actually 279 with a 100 mail in rebate making it 179.00 but heck if im wrong then im a whole lot happier right now. The wording is just to generic to be sure in my opinion.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 PM
bigchico68

Update 9/3/09 8:30am CST: Sprint has officially announced the Hero will be released on October 11th for $179 with a $100 mail-in rebate and a two-year Simply Everything plan (sorry SERO users). Source: CNET

Code

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10338820-1.html

this is what was on the ppcgeeks site.

--------- New Post Merged on 5/9/2009 at 1008 --------

HTC Hero requires activation on a pricing plan offering unlimited data. Sprint’s Simply EverythingSM plan provides unlimited nationwide calling, texting, e-mail, social networking, Web browsing, GPS navigation, Sprint TV, streaming music, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile and much more for only $99.99 per month. That’s a savings of $1,200 over two years vs. a comparable AT&T iPhone® plan2. Sprint Everything Data plans with unlimited messaging and data start at just $69.99 for 450 minutes with unlimited night and weekend calling starting at 7 p.m. (All price plans exclude Sprint surcharges and taxes.)
All that says is that it requires a data plan. Then goes on to promote their simply everything plan. I poste pics of the MIR forms and if you look it it under the same section as the TP 2 and TP, etc... (smartphone section) and the instinct, pre, instinct hd are all under a section that say (these devices require specific plans with data) Hero is not under that section.

--------- New Post Merged on 5/9/2009 at 0800 --------

see what I think is that its actually 279 with a 100 mail in rebate making it 179.00 but heck if im wrong then im a whole lot happier right now. The wording is just to generic to be sure in my opinion.
That is right, it will be $299 with a $100 MIR.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 07:59 PM
bigchico68

Ok so I thought I posted pics on here of the MIR forms, but I guess I did. Here they are. This is my proof there is no everything plan for the Hero.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0029.jpg   IMAG0030.jpg  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
date, hero, htc, official, release, sprint