puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Windows Mobile, Android, Flash make headlines at Mobile World Congress

Two of Apple's rival mobile platforms announced news this week at the 2009 Mobile World Congress, with Windows Mobile 6.5 on the way, and a new Android-based handset from HTC.

Windows Mobile has updated its user interface to more closely resemble the iPhone's. I can imagine the brainstorming session:

Developer 1: "It needs to look, work, and feel like the iPhone, but -- you know -- not be."

Developer 2: "Instead of putting the icons on a rectangular grid, let's do a (one two three four five six) hexagonal one!"

Developer 1: "Brilliant! Book it. Done."

I kid, I kid. I'm sure it was more complicated than that. Anyway, Windows Mobile will also feature two new services, a "My Phone" synchronization service, and a new marketplace that will sell mobile applications from both phones and desktops. It's like I've heard this song before, but can't remember exactly where.

read more here > HERE
Attached Thumbnails
thegodfather-2938402384.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows Mobile, Android, Flash make headlines at Mobile World Congress

wow i dont know why they are making such a big deal out of the app store and such, sure it will be nice to finally have but it seems almost as if they are reporting old news also since we have known about it for soooo long but seen no progress..... but thats why we love good ole microsoft right?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 PM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well you know ms wants there hand on everything ...they looking at the dollars..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

well you know ms wants there hand on everything ...they looking at the dollars..
oh for sure but why dont they come out with this stuff sooner and not be behind the game and always delaying, if they came out with good updates and the app store sooner they would have and keep more customers..... now that android is coming to cdma and many other networks sprint feels the pressure on top of even mor epressure when sprint isnt going to be the only one carrying the pre that will open webos doors to other wm people to jump ship..... if they get a jump on things in the future it will only be better for microsoft as a whole.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows Mobile Android Flash make headlines at Mobile World Congress

you know what I think the problem is you cant each a old dog new tricks palm apple and microsoft are pretty much the great great grandfathers in this moblie game and you see it left and right palm finally comes out with something new but its nothing you couldnt do on the old palm base, apple just adds a few more features here and there windows well they just stick to what they do best making buisness tools that arent always pretty but get the job done. But then you got the new kid on the block google a start up search engine that has grown into a super giant star that imploded and became a big massive wicked nasty but cool black hole that is just sucking everything in that it can and spitting out inovation and new ideas for the mobile industry I would say oh my god oh my god why didnt I buy google stocks when it was a start up could be filthy nasty rich right now.

I didnt jump over board I got sucked into the google black hole.....
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, congress, flash, headlines, make, mobile, windows, world