Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Going Live 9/11

With an unboxing of the Sprint Touch Pro2 just a day ago by our own Daniel Webster, it stands to reason that the other major US CDMA/EVDO network would want in on some of the HTC sliding and tilting action. That said, Verizon Wireless recently announced its own version of the Touch Pro2 with the lowest price tag we've seen at $199 on a two-year agreement after rebates.

The Verizon Wireless launch means that 3 of the four major carriers now have a Touch Pro2, with T-Mobile's GSM iteration first out of the gate, followed by Sprint and now Verizon. Missing in action is AT&T's Tilt2 branded device, which is another variant of the unlocked Touch Pro2.

The device should be available today, Friday, but as of the time of writing this post the device isn't yet on the Verizon Wireless website yet.

With three Touch Pro2s now gracing consumer availability in the states, perhaps we'll have to re-evaluate and see if the HTC unlocked version is the best looking device of all the carrier variants out there in the US.

Hit the break to read the press release:

BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and BELLEVUE, Wash. — Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation introduce the HTC Touch Pro2™, a global-capable smartphone designed for the busiest professionals and world travelers. The HTC Touch Pro2 features an extra-large 3.6-inch touch screen that tilts to an optimal viewing angle, an ergonomic slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and an advanced speakerphone with asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression to deliver customers a robust productivity experience. Created with the intuitive TouchFLO 3D user interface, data on the HTC Touch Pro2 can be easily accessed with just the touch of a finger.

Available color: Black

Key specifications and features:

-High-speed connectivity over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (1x/EV-DO Revision A 800/1900 MHz)
-Global connectivity to allow customers to access e-mail and data in more than 180 destinations and to use the phone for voice calling in more than 220 destinations (GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA/HSPA 2100 MHz)
-Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11 b/g)
-3.6 inch WVGA resolution (480 x 800) tilting touch screen
-Advanced speakerphone with noise-cancelling technology
-3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture
-Touch-sensitive zoom bar
-Seamless connectivity with Microsoft® Exchange, Outlook and Office applications with Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
-Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR and A2DP stereo
-Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7600A, 528 MHz
-Memory: 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM
-Dimensions: 4.57” x 2.33” x .68” (length x width x height)
-Weight: 6.3 ounces (with standard battery)
-Extended 1500 mAh battery for longer operation times
-Up to 5.3 hours of talk time (CDMA) or up to 13.5 days of standby time (CDMA)

Lifestyle features:

-Linked contact view delivers e-mail, text message, call history, and even Flickr images and Facebook® updates to a single location
-Push Internet technology ensures that favorite Web sites are always ready for viewing at a moment’s notice
-3.5 mm audio jack and stereo Bluetooth support to enjoy multimedia content through a variety of audio equipment
-Optional expandable microSD™ memory with up to 16 GB to store music, video, images, applications and other content
-Built-in GPS for VZ Navigator(SM), VZ Navigator(SM) Global and other location-based services and applications

Price and availability:

The HTC Touch Pro2 will be available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.

Beginning Friday, customers can order the HTC Touch Pro2 online at

Code

www.verizonwireless.com
, in business sales channels and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to

Code

www.verizonwireless.com

its on the site now, and its 299

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Mobile Model: HTC diamond (alltel)
Mobile Carrier: verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

View suka4luv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View suka4luv's Photo Album Add suka4luv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Going Live 9/11

checked this morning, hell yea its there. looks good

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

199.99.... time to call sprint lol.....i bet in a few days they will drop the price to 199.99, what do you guys think.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM

View suka4luv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View suka4luv's Photo Album Add suka4luv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

199.99.... Time to call sprint lol.....i bet in a few days they will drop the price to 199.99, what do you guys think.
anything is possible IT WILL SUCK IF THEY DONT

Old 09-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

199.99.... time to call sprint lol.....i bet in a few days they will drop the price to 199.99, what do you guys think.

“ Originally Posted by suka4luv View Post

anything is possible IT WILL SUCK IF THEY DONT

i dont see them dropping it any sooner than beginning of next month..... good for verizon people i would say since the price is where it should be right around as well as that they didnt cripple the device this time or make it a funky ass color.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View gjnbag's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gjnbag's Photo Album Add gjnbag's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah sprint better drop the price down asap because I have heard of many people who are planning to drop sprint because of the pricing.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:53 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gjnbag View Post

Yeah sprint better drop the price down asap because I have heard of many people who are planning to drop sprint because of the pricing.
i did but only a lil cause of the pricing on this device.,,,,,, as some may know i had a level 3 fraud alert on my account for over 40 grand worth of fraudulent charges that took me over 40 hours on the phone later and a call from my personal lawyer (from school) (criminal justice field) to get taken care of..... with a level 3 no phones or anything can be ordered with contacting the fraud department first, well they did it again and sent out another 25 ppc's once again out of state to florida when i live in michigan and only had 2 lines on my account plus my beta line..... that was the last straw i got out without any termination fee, no activation fee on the my new line with verizon...... i ended up paying less that 100 bucks total for my verizon touch pro and will be getting no later than wednesday! **** YOU SPRINT YOU COCK SUCKERS!!!! hahahahah im out from under you and now with the big red machine with a hell of a deal with my hospital employee discount that they even applied on the price of the phone the lady loved me there and damn was she sexy her name is katrine (damn know 2 and both sexy and both wanna date me) hell i got a date with her here tomorrow and we gonna go for dinner and such to get to know eachother more and than shes like hey on monday night you free to watch monday night football and that was the seal on the package hahahaha a chic that loves football and loves smartphones on tiop of big ole titties, beautiful face, (brunette) and an ass trhat dont quit being 22 i guess a 27 year old isnt too bad of a catch woot woot and now to get more verizon users on the site with my videos, damn it feels weird sasying verizon and not sprint...... cant wasit till wednesday comes and not under sprints contract what-so-ever.... once phone comes port will be completed.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:08 AM

sprint wants $349 damn thats cold blooded.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM

sprint wants $349 damn thats cold blooded.
thats after the mail in rebate.... you got to wait for that and with sprint many dont get them back and dont get word from them on it either..... you have to be careful with your mail in rebates.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM

i know alltel was always good about mail in rebates never had a problem with em and now that verizon has it up front no mail in rebate, man that's nice i know i have said this before but i gettin my pro 2 for $150 yea baby oh yea

Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM

i know alltel was always good about mail in rebates never had a problem with em and now that verizon has it up front no mail in rebate, man that's nice i know i have said this before but i gettin my pro 2 for $150 yea baby oh yea
what are you talking about? verizon still does mail in rebates.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

what are you talking about? verizon still does mail in rebates.
well i know they still do them i am just saying that its nice to have the discount on internet ordering instead of a mail in rebate.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:05 PM

well i know they still do them i am just saying that its nice to have the discount on internet ordering instead of a mail in rebate.

word thats for sure, but with verizon they guarntee 2-6 weeks but usually 2 weeks which is months and months faster than sprint.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
9 or 11, live, pro2, touch, verizon, wireless