thinking about leaving Sprint

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 AM
mstacyi mstacyi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: mogul 6800

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mstacyi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mstacyi's Photo Album Add mstacyi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
thinking about leaving Sprint

hello everyone! I have not been in here in a while n so much had change. I had just been busy with nursing school.

Anyhow, I had been with Sprint for many many years now and am considering about leaving them. My contract with them is now over, but they have no new phones that I really want. I had been doing some research online to see if there are any new good phones coming to Sprint in 09, but all I had found is nothing promising.

So if you guys no anything or any kool phones that are coming Sprint's way in 09 then please let me know. OR else I will soon be going to att and get the iphone.

thank you much..

Stacyi
Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: thinking about leaving Sprint

wtf is wrong with the pro...lol iphone sucks....you wont be able to customize shit with out paying up the woo haaa
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:47 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WHAT dude if you want the iphone your not a true junkie but sprint has the best ppcs plans and speeds just go with the diamond or pro or and if you go with att speeds suck and plans!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the iphone is cool and all, but you'll get sick of it. You can't even jailbreak the new iphones yet so there is not much you can do with them, they are how they are. I dont know about you but i like being able to have a background where i want it and i like being able to switch up the UI every once in a while...i dunno

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

the iphone is cool and all, but you'll get sick of it. You can't even jailbreak the new iphones yet so there is not much you can do with them, they are how they are. I dont know about you but i like being able to have a background where i want it and i like being able to switch up the UI every once in a while...i dunno
yup i feel the same way and not only are you going to be paying a butt load for the phone, the plans everywhere else are ridiculous and not even close to sprints prices..... AT&T is way more expensive (take a look online at the plans) and also have the slower data..... your call though but really leave the wm world? you will be back and im sure of that too.... jsut hope you dont find out too late....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yep couldnt agree more... especially if you have had the mogul and been spoiled by it for years... your probably gonna get the iphone and be sick of it in no time, and wishing you had gotten a touch pro or diamond... I hear the touch HD is also coming... but thats just a rumour... not "official" yet
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why not just get the pro or diamond and put the iphone interface on there....you can do way more to PPC's than the suckphone...your choice but seriously i know alot of people who hated it the same day they got it...mainly because i should them my phone....good luck and we ALL hope you make the RIGHT choice..lol...seriously...the iphone sucks...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Yep couldnt agree more... especially if you have had the mogul and been spoiled by it for years... your probably gonna get the iphone and be sick of it in no time, and wishing you had gotten a touch pro or diamond... I hear the touch HD is also coming... but thats just a rumour... not "official" yet
yup its coming not a rumor there bro :> ive had hands on time with it :>
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yup its coming not a rumor there bro :> ive had hands on time with it :>
you make me jealous dash, you always get to do all the cool sh*t first....lol not hating....just jealous.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so dash, do you think that the HD is gonna be coming to Sprint any time soon? ive seen a lot of video reviews on it and it looks very impressive!

and about switching from sprint to att...i wanted to do that also to get the iphone, but sprint seriously offers THEE best plans out there. in the end, saving the money each month from sticking with sprint is worth it. try talking to retentions and maybe by you getting a better plan will help you stay with sprint.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionPlyr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 PM

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

you make me jealous dash, you always get to do all the cool sh*t first....lol not hating....just jealous.
hahahaha i know its hella cool :>

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

so dash, do you think that the HD is gonna be coming to Sprint any time soon? ive seen a lot of video reviews on it and it looks very impressive!

and about switching from sprint to att...i wanted to do that also to get the iphone, but sprint seriously offers THEE best plans out there. in the end, saving the money each month from sticking with sprint is worth it. try talking to retentions and maybe by you getting a better plan will help you stay with sprint.
it wont be anytime soon.... we are talking middle 09 earliest the way that it looks to me right now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 PM

View mstacyi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mstacyi's Photo Album Add mstacyi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i know that sprint offers one of the best plan, but i am not liking the pro or the diamond that much.

I have awesome plan with sprint. I basically pay nothing for my two lines and with all the features that comes with it, but it seem like Sprint is not getting anything new or aw.. in the making.

I would like to have the HD but I couldnt find exact date when it will release or if it will be coming to sprint at all.

I just want something new that's all.

IDK. still debating. i'll let you guys know if I decide go AT&T.

thanks for all your input.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mstacyi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 06:44 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Go ahead and switch..... I can guarantee ANY PHONE and PLAN you choose, at the end of the month when you get the bill, you'll be sorry saying "why did I ever switch".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2009, 01:34 AM

haha.. lol. I came across this post again.. I dont no y I never did update u guys but here it is.. I never did switch to att.. stayed with sprint and i now have the pre.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:44 AM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow the pre?... i would have gotten the hero baby.. that's the iphone for sprint for ya.... lol
Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

wow the pre?... i would have gotten the hero baby.. that's the iphone for sprint for ya.... lol
first of all the android right now will never compare to the iphone...iphone is killing it now especially with the apps....I dont care that u can customize the UI or edit your registry but u dont need to edit the registry b/c the iphone comes working with no flaws out the box unlike WM where are obligated to make registry changes so it works as an everyday device. Android is cool but what can u do with it...what is androids plan? atleast when iphone first dropped they had a plan u feel me. But hey to each is own
Old 09-27-2009, 04:16 AM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am just going to say this, if you don't like customizing your phone to the way you want it then get the ipone (mispelled on purpose, lol! No respect from me). If you like something that is standard and does not change then the ipone is for you. On the other hand if you like to create the phone to yoiur liking then I would get with the TP2, BB or PP. That is your decision to make, we can't make that for you all we can do is give you our thoughts and input, but you are the one that is going to make the final decision. If you like paying more money for your plan and other options for your phone go with ATT.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:37 AM

“ Originally Posted by mstacyi View Post

haha.. lol. I came across this post again.. I dont no y I never did update u guys but here it is.. I never did switch to att.. stayed with sprint and i now have the pre.

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

first of all the android right now will never compare to the iphone...iphone is killing it now especially with the apps....I dont care that u can customize the UI or edit your registry but u dont need to edit the registry b/c the iphone comes working with no flaws out the box unlike WM where are obligated to make registry changes so it works as an everyday device. Android is cool but what can u do with it...what is androids plan? atleast when iphone first dropped they had a plan u feel me. But hey to each is own

android is very nice and what do you mean they dont have a plan..... they seem tohave a great plan in my opinion.... they have a few different looks with the same function and style overall on all the devices, they expand to ALL CARRIERS, they have many different companies making android phones, they have a great and quickly growing app store, and on top of that the devices are sexy.... you are running linux on the android which is easily hackable but isnt necessary for the phone to run stable right out of the box.... so you have the best of both worlds with android but as you said to each his or her own and thats what great! i cant dog too much on the iphone anymore sicne i too have one and some of the apps are great but i personally feel that many of the apps are seriously useless.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i like the speed of my ipod touch on wifi and if my contract with sprint was done the iphone would be something i would consider but that is not an option for me cause i just renew my contract march 1 09...i do like sprints plans i just wish i could get the hero for the 179 that best buy is going to sell them for but im not eligible for an upgrade for a while so keeping with pro.........
Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The IPhone is clean and works well for many, especially those who are not into truly customizing(not saying all/just majority). A true junkie would prefer the more non-proprietary WM/Android platforms. This is where you can break everything down. For example, look at the HTC Touch Hero running the Android platform on it. Show me an Iphone that can do that. WM also has the possibility of running IPhone apps in the future. You have to purchase from there app store or jailbreak your phone. They do have a lot of apps(a lot , but I agree with Dash, because a vast amount are worthless(my opinion). I also know that not a carrier out there is beating my plan and what I get for it. True story, but many of my colleagues(good friends) at work have an IPhone, but GSM service has a difficult time getting signals into our building. I have set my phone up with WiFi Router and let them use my Sprint TP to gain internet access, but as stated in previous posts "2 each his own" All I can say is you gotta know what it is your looking for, what it is you want, and what you want to have accomplished. Once you can figure that out, then you can narrow your decision down to what fits you and your needs.

(It's so funny, because I knew BroSki and Venum would be in this thread. I've seen you two on different occasions go back and forth on this in Palringo, lmao)
In the end, as long as you are happy with what you have, then that's all you can ask for, because that's who you will have to report to

Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Reason I say its not looking good is b/c of this:

Code

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/google_issues_cease_and_desist_letter_android_rom_modder
This is not a good thing...and alot of those iphone apps got removed(the ones that were useless) b/c its true alot were useless as heck, but man until WM shows me they got capacitive screen coming, a ridonkulous app store, stable performance. bugger GPS,Signal chips, better Wifi performance and over all the battery, then im back with WM in a heartbeat, but which smartphone is good stock???? none its jsut iphone comes out the box working flawless performance wise, otherwise u will see urself resetting it once a day lol...sorry to say but its the truth. but thats my OPINION!!! we all have our own and know one is right or wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

Reason I say its not looking good is b/c of this:

Code

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/google_issues_cease_and_desist_letter_android_rom_modder
This is not a good thing...and alot of those iphone apps got removed(the ones that were useless) b/c its true alot were useless as heck, but man until WM shows me they got capacitive screen coming, a ridonkulous app store, stable performance. bugger GPS,Signal chips, better Wifi performance and over all the battery, then im back with WM in a heartbeat, but which smartphone is good stock???? none its jsut iphone comes out the box working flawless performance wise, otherwise u will see urself resetting it once a day lol...sorry to say but its the truth. but thats my OPINION!!! we all have our own and know one is right or wrong.

damn! thanks for the info and thats too bad, i recommend that all sign the petition to keep his stuff going.... but just because of his roms being shelfed potentially your telling me that android isnt worth it? iphone dos the same thing with not allowing apps and *****ing about every little thing that looks like them and says they have to be taken down all the time.... they also make it so you can jailbreak by keep updating and making it harder and harder to get jailbroken..... and on top of all of that already apple is very babyish and wont let someone use itunes on a palm pre..... come on your still buying from itunes but just syncing with your device.... iphone ties shit and makes more lawsuites than any pother phone out there and honestly... i own both devices but could never make my main device an iphone..... just not enough there besdies games and useless apps in my opinion.... but as you said to he or she his own and nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 AM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

I just got the pre when it was released this year.. I am also looking into the hero now..I just dont have that type of money.. the pre was all that was offered at the moment.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

haha now your talking, thats what i want the hero.......
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM

“ Originally Posted by mstacyi View Post

I just got the pre when it was released this year.. I am also looking into the hero now..I just dont have that type of money.. the pre was all that was offered at the moment.
may wanna update your profile than showing mogul, and im getting the hero

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

haha now your talking, thats what i want the hero.......
hahaahha i got one preordered already
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
leaving, sprint, thinking