Notices

Is HTC birthing a fire-breathing Dragon?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Posted on 02 October 2009 by John Walton.
Check this out. I don’t have any hardware images, but I do have a couple of specs and some [COLOR=#AC0604 ! important][COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]screenshots[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Nothing in the way of processor or memory, but with a name like Dragon and our source’s use of the words “GAME CHANGER,” one would hope that this thing will pack a wallop.
We have to take this for what it is at the moment; ten screen grabs. But the prospect is titillating, no? And the circumstances don’t exactly reek of trickery. Judging by the apps and information source, it looks like hackers may release the [COLOR=#AC0604 ! important][COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]software[/COLOR][/COLOR] before HTC.
Reignzone from XDA had this to say about the images below:
So, what I’ve got here is a little build we’re referring to as the “Pet Dragon”. It’s highly experimental at the moment…and from what I have noticed after reviewing the build.prop files from this “system dump” of the device I spoke of earlier today…HTC Dragon. (dubbed “Zoom 2″) —> the [COLOR=#AC0604 ! important][COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]screen [COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]resolution[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is 800×480…which as you can tell is quite an impressive resolution. Judging from the release keys, it’s also a capacitive touch screen device. Now, having said all this…it IS NOT the HTC Leo, HTC Desire, or Passion. Because this device is in fact operating on the “2.0″ [COLOR=#AC0604 ! important][COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]firmware[/COLOR][/COLOR] along with the HTC Sense user interface applied for style. So, it’s like an “Eclair Hero”. Lol.
[COLOR=#AC0604 ! important][COLOR=#AC0604 ! important]Unzip[/COLOR][/COLOR] the packaged files, and enjoy.
But again, bare with me…it’s still very “bare bones” and needs a lot of work…but this device is going to be a GAME CHANGER! Perhaps more so than the HTC Leo!
Well… that’ll get your geek juices flowing, won’t it? Here are the screengrabs:

original news found here:

Code

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2009/10/is-htc-birthing-a-fire-breathing-dragon/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Is HTC birthing a fire-breathing Dragon

hmmm thats pretty interesting HTC is just churning out phones left and right I guess its so that if you dont like one flavor they got another dozen phones you can chose from. I highly anticipate some pictures of this device.

--------- New Post Merged on 4/10/2009 at 1136 --------

there saying its got a 1ghz cpu wow is all I have to say about that the android is going to be flying on that thing prolly going to have some awsome new features to try and bog it down.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

He bro thanks for the post very nice htc is releasing new device on rapid pase damm 1ghz android sweet they said 50% android on there device so whe whil see some more

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Is HTC birthing a fire-breathing Dragon?

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

hmmm thats pretty interesting HTC is just churning out phones left and right I guess its so that if you dont like one flavor they got another dozen phones you can chose from. I highly anticipate some pictures of this device.

--------- New Post Merged on 4/10/2009 at 1136 --------

there saying its got a 1ghz cpu wow is all I have to say about that the android is going to be flying on that thing prolly going to have some awsome new features to try and bog it down.

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

He bro thanks for the post very nice htc is releasing new device on rapid pase damm 1ghz android sweet they said 50% android on there device so whe whil see some more

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

hahaha hell yeah android was pretty snappy but could lag at points and the new processor would make almost any ppc user cream if you know what i mean hahaha
Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup.i saw this article yesterday

the HTC Dragon will lauch with Android 2.0 (using 1.5 ATM cuz its not ready yet) Plus all the updates to SenseUI 2.0 also..... i cant imagine what this device will bring since its so early in development, there isnt anything to show cept ideas.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Mobile Model: tpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this might call for an upgrade!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 PM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

this might call for an upgrade!

right now with the info given it is a gsm device.... it should come to cdma and hopefully nothing will bhe taken out hardware size.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
birthing, dragon, firebreathing, htc