puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

At&t announced their re-branded Touch Pro 2 as Tilt 2 last week and now confirms it’s younger brother too. The re-branded Touch Diamond 2 as At&t Pure.

On first impressions, we must admit that the original Touch Diamond 2’ outer case design was much more elegant and polished. After getting a new name as the HTC Pure, the makeover is however bad. Previously, when the first generation HTC Touch Diamond was released, the sexy glossy black design was much hyped among people but those who actually bought the device noticed the drawbacks of this shiny black: It attracts finger prints, dirt and gets messy very soon. HTC thus made the Touch Diamond 2 with a matte finish but maybe At&t likes dirt again so the birth of HTC Pure.

Specs wise, there will be no change. You will get the same 3.6” WVGA resistive touch screen supporting resolutions of 480x800 pixels, a normal Qualcomm processor with 528 MHz speed, 5 mega pixel camera and of course, Windows Mobile 6.5 out of the box.

All for the price of just $149 USD. The bigger brother Tilt 2 will retail for $299 USD, which is quite expensive, maybe for not screwing up HTC’ original design. Even better, Sprint announced price cuts to their own rebranded Touch Pro 2, which is exactly the same Tilt 2 but on Sprint networks, for the price of just $199 USD!

So, which one do you take? At&t Pure to get dirtied at $149 USD or Sprint’ Touch Pro 2 at $199 USD or the same with an extra $100 USD for At&t rebranding?
Attached Thumbnails
att-pure.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Att Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I'll take the SPRINT version because SPRINT rocks and AT&T sucks ass! Sprint has best plans out right now when you compare apples to apples, or pre's to apples...Sprint just has it better...hahahaha
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I would defly take the sprint version went to AT&T the other day to pick the iPhone I asked if they had any htc devices this girl brought out the pure from the back I was not impress with the desighn at all and I been having the worst experience with my iPhone under AT&T and I only had it for 4 days
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.1

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: At&t Pure Is The new Touch Diamond 2

I would only choose the sprint because that is the company I get my discount with for work. I have no say over one carrier to the next. However, I won't upgrade cause my TP is working just fine, and no need to shell our for just a minor step up. I'll skip a gen.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
atandt, diamond, pure, touch