ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
TMobile says to Sidekick users we probably lost all your Sidekick data

T-Mobile says to Sidekick users: we probably lost all your Sidekick data!

“ Quote ”

Well, this is shaping up to be one of the biggest disasters in the history of cloud computing, and certainly the largest blow to Danger and the Sidekick platform: T-Mobile's now reporting that personal data stored on Sidekicks has "almost certainly has been lost as a result of a server failure at Microsoft/Danger." They're still looking for a way to recover it, but they're not giving users a lot of hope -- meanwhile, servers are still on the fritz and customers are being advised not to let their devices power down because anything that's still on there will be lost the next time the device is turned on. Another communique is promised from T-Mobile on Monday to give everyone a status update on the recovery efforts, but at this point, it's not looking good at all.

Update: Apparently T-Mobile has paused the sale of new Sidekicks, as all models are now listed as "temporarily out of stock" on the company's site. Additionally, a warning as been added to the post on T-Mobile's forum which reads: "Sidekick customers, during this service disruption, please DO NOT remove your battery, reset your Sidekick, or allow it to lose power." Scary stuff, Sidekickers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro //vogue
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View HTCxFOREVER's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCxFOREVER's Photo Album Add HTCxFOREVER's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TMobile says to Sidekick users we probably lost all your Sidekick data

LOL man that sucks for people with sidekicks ,,,, and to avoid this ever happening ever again, they should consider buying a tp or any other htc device !
Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My sister has one and I told her about it ... she told me that she knew because they sent her a txt with the news hahahaha ...
Old 10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WTF that's 2 crazy I'll be upset cuz I sometimes let my phone battery go to zero... I have to say they r terable I'm glad I'm not a tmbile customer
Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 AM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TMobile says to Sidekick users we probably lost all your Sidekick data

Wow im soooo glad i didnt get a sidekick while looking @ new phones i was close 2 getting 1 but i opted for the myTouch. If i was a sidekick user i'd either demand that t-mo or m$ give me a full refund on my phone and service or a free upgrade to any other phone on the network with a few months free... lol.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

damn thats harsh but what can they do..... the sidekick was a good idea that they never got off the ground in my opinion.... many sites had the section but it was empty since there wasnt much interest in them by anyone.... they need to do something special with the os and or ui..... sucks for the sidekick users and why didnt they backup the server? it cant be that large of a server.

you think that they would have learned with what happened to blackberry and rim about 2 years ago.....
Old 10-11-2009, 11:25 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TMobile says to Sidekick users we probably lost all your Sidekick data

the Palm WebOS guys must be shaking in their boots.... their lives depend on a cloud too

Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re TMobile says to Sidekick users we probably lost all your Sidekick da

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

the Palm WebOS guys must be shaking in their boots.... their lives depend on a cloud too

yuppers but they have to have backups since palm is already on the edge of being done for.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm glad I don't have t-mobile.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
data, lost, sidekick, tmobile, users