ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands-on!

We're not sure that the keyboard meets the lofty standard set by the CLIQ / DEXT, but arguably the Moment's single most important feature -- the slide-out QWERTY keyboard -- has decent feel. It's very clicky and requires a surprising amount of pressure to actuate individual keys, but not enough to be frustrating -- it just feels solid. Overall, the phone's a little bulky and has a plastic overtone to it, but fortunately, the screen's at least as good as the G1 and Magic for feel and there's no "give" to speak of; OLED's gorgeous (as always) indoors, but the true test of trying to view this thing in the sunlight might not come until we've had a chance to take delivery of a review unit. The software's essentially stock Android with a few Sprint apps (including Sprint TV) peppered in for good measure. Check out our hands-on gallery, won't you?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Samsung Moment for Sprint first handson

ive actually been lookin forward to this samsung slide out qwerty android phone... id like to see what its about for myself...

Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Samsung Moment for Sprint first handson

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

ive actually been lookin forward to this samsung slide out qwerty android phone... id like to see what its about for myself...
The Phone looks nice , would like too see some specs on it maybe even a video lol

Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Samsung Moment for Sprint first handson

I would definitely like to see a video, so we can get a real comparison. I'm such an HTC fanatic, but Samsung has put out some good phones and electronics in general. My Plasma is a Samsung, so I'm not going to complain lol I guess we'll have to keep an eye out.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Samsung Moment for Sprint first handson

looks great but the only thing that fbothers me about what is said is that the keyboard clicks and takes a good deal of pressure to apply a button press... who wasnt to get tired fingers from clicking hard and have the noise of the click click of the keyboard.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

looks great but the only thing that fbothers me about what is said is that the keyboard clicks and takes a good deal of pressure to apply a button press... who wasnt to get tired fingers from clicking hard and have the noise of the click click of the keyboard.
thats exactly what bothered me...and you can tell from pictures that the keys are alittle recessed in around the rim of each key...what sense does that make...lol

Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

The phone looks nice but I think that sliding keyboards are becoming a thing of the past.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

“ Originally Posted by KJRain View Post

The phone looks nice but I think that sliding keyboards are becoming a thing of the past.
i dont, i feel for years to come there will always be at least one model that will have a slideout qwerty..... they would drive off a lot of people if they didnt offer it anymore.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i dont, i feel for years to come there will always be at least one model that will have a slideout qwerty..... they would drive off a lot of people if they didnt offer it anymore.
I agree w/Dash. I know many consumers that would not purchase unless it had a hardware kb. You gotta leave that segment available. I think the HERO looks pimp and I like it because it doesn't have a hw kb (smaller, sleeker), however that's what makes me want to shy away. IMO, but to each his own.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I would definitely like to see a video, so we can get a real comparison. I'm such an HTC fanatic, but Samsung has put out some good phones and electronics in general. My Plasma is a Samsung, so I'm not going to complain lol I guess we'll have to keep an eye out.
One of the many phones that I have had was a Samsung and I did like it. This one looks pretty nice and I am more so a visual person and would like to see how it works.

--------- New Post Merged on 13/10/2009 at 0946 --------

I think so too but I love my qwerty keyboard.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I agree w/Dash. I know many consumers that would not purchase unless it had a hardware kb. You gotta leave that segment available. I think the HERO looks pimp and I like it because it doesn't have a hw kb (smaller, sleeker), however that's what makes me want to shy away. IMO, but to each his own.
Yeah I guess. The hardware keyboard will always come standard on some type of blackberry.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Supporter

Re Re Re Samsung Moment for Sprint first hands on

Yeah I guess. The hardware keyboard will always come standard on some type of blackberry.
haha, You're probably right about that.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
hands, handson, moment, samsung, sprint