ARTICLE: iPhone clone offers QWERTY, turns PD editor green with envy

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: iPhone clone offers QWERTY, turns PD editor green with envy

When it comes to mobile phones, I don’t do knock-offs. (Shoes, clothes, purses — well that’s another story.) Then I got a peek at this little beauty from China. Holy smokes, I want this.

As a full QWERTY-lovin iPhone user, there’s been no satisfaction for me and others with a penchant for physical keys. I love my phone enough to muddle through it, but geez — I’d be lying if I said this didn’t have me salivating like a carnivore at a steakhouse. I mean, look at it…

What the name lacks in snazziness, the T2000 “iPhone style Phone with attachable QWERTY keyboard” makes up for in buttons. At $150, the quad-band device also features an accelerometer, Wifi, FM tuner with recording and TV, as well as Java 2.0 and the Opera mini browser. It only has 70 MB of onboard memory, but with an expansion slot, it can go up to 8GB. All that’s missing for me is an isolated D-pad for easier gaming.

Sigh. That’s just as well. I’d be in love at that point, and given that this is an unbranded clone, it’s a scary proposition. I don’t think I’ll risk it, what with exploding phones having made headlines not long ago. But still — on paper, anyway, it does look tempting. Sort of like laying eyes on the good-looking younger sibling of your gf/bf: Close to the original you love, but with some new hotness along for the ride.

Has anyone ever bought unbranded knock-off phones? I don’t know anyone who has, so I’m just curious what your experience has been like. Are they worthy alternatives or just overrated tinker toys?

[via Mobile Crunch]

Read More From Source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
article, clone, editor, envy, green, iphone, offers, qwerty, turns