Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
y0himba y0himba is offline   Thread Starter  
HTC Phones Own
Mobile Model: HTC Imagioâ„¢
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Imagio

Should I purchase this?

Code

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5029&changingCompletedOrder=
Trade up for my Omnia? They are all out of the Touch Pro 2, which is the same phone except for these differences:

Imagio has no hardware keyboard.
Touch Pro 2 doesn't include all the VCast stuff, or TV.
Touch Pro 2 has a 3.5 inch screen, Imagio has a 3.6 inch screen.
Imagio has an antenna for the Verizon TV which can be used as a kickstand.

I REAAAAALLLLY want the Touch Pro 2, but they are out of stock everywhere. I am still unsure of a touch screen only keyboard. Maybe if I get this I will trade someone for the Touch Pro 2...

What is folk's experience with touch screen only, no hardware keyboard?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to y0himba For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC Imagio

hi bro thread move posted wrong damm now touch pro2 in stock that sucks

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re HTC Imagio

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

hi bro thread move posted wrong damm now touch pro2 in stock that sucks

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

yeah they have been sold out for a while unfortunately im glad i got mine though and just pray that nothing happens to it until they get more in stock cause if you do get one as a replacement they have a slim amount of refurbs... YUCK!!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC Imagio

Here is my opinon id say wait for the touch pro 2 to come out again bro ,what r u gonna do without a keyboard the keyboard on the touch 2 is smooth when u type way diff then the tp.Wait Wait Wait

Old 10-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Alltel on Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View wentzeric's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View wentzeric's Photo Album Add wentzeric's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Imagio

I am not impressed with either as of right now.....There are better ones coming...just hang on!

But I also know how difficult it can be to no buy the new ,shinny ,awesome piece of hardware. . .
So If you want my input.
IMAGIO for it!!!!
better camera and screen all for the price of a keyboard that will prolly get mapped wrong on a couple roms anyway.
ALSO if it appeals to you: with out a keyboard you will stand a better chance of getting a better Android rom.

thats my opinions:-l

Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM
HTC Phones Own

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Meh. It's not about the shiny new hardware, its about functionality for me. The Omnia runs nice, but is buggy as hell. It frustrating. I am used to the HTC TouchFlo interface, love HTC phones. I wonder if the Internet Sharing cab that floats around will work on WM 6.5....
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Here is my opinon id say wait for the touch pro 2 to come out again bro ,what r u gonna do without a keyboard the keyboard on the touch 2 is smooth when u type way diff then the tp.Wait Wait Wait
remember the imagio does have 6.5 already stock and .1 inch larger screen than the tp2... hahahha wait ofr hte tp2 brudda you wont be dissapointed.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
HTC Phones Own

Re HTC Imagio

I bought the Imagio, and it is AMAZING. I hated that Omina i910 so much. HTC owns. I thought part of the problem was not having a hardware keyboard, but it is so easy not having one with this Imagio that I rarely even notice.

The video performance on this is absolutely stunning. I was able to remove the TV application from startup using SKTools freeing up a buttload of memory (52% to 65%-68% free), and the built in tools for customization eliminate the need for many third party tools.

The lock screen wallpaper is actually customized using native settings, no need for a third party application. Of course TouchFlo3D 2 is a work of art. The other screen shots are Orb running on Opera, on the Imagio.

All I want now is to remove the "curtains" or the translucent areas under the carrier name and the TF3D icon bar, and to remove the Verizon banner at the top.

This is how a phone is supposed to run.
Attached Thumbnails
Imagio1.jpg   lock.jpg   orb3.jpg   orb4.jpg   orb5.jpg  
Old 10-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Re: Re HTC Imagio

“ Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

I bought the Imagio, and it is AMAZING. I hated that Omina i910 so much. HTC owns. I thought part of the problem was not having a hardware keyboard, but it is so easy not having one with this Imagio that I rarely even notice.

The video performance on this is absolutely stunning. I was able to remove the TV application from startup using SKTools freeing up a buttload of memory (52% to 65%-68% free), and the built in tools for customization eliminate the need for many third party tools.

The lock screen wallpaper is actually customized using native settings, no need for a third party application. Of course TouchFlo3D 2 is a work of art. The other screen shots are Orb running on Opera, on the Imagio.

All I want now is to remove the "curtains" or the translucent areas under the carrier name and the TF3D icon bar, and to remove the Verizon banner at the top.

This is how a phone is supposed to run.

congrats and alwasy wanted to mess with an omnia how much you looking or it?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:44 PM
HTC Phones Own

I returned it as part of Verizon's "Worry free Guarantee". I waited until day 29 of my first 30 days trying to get a Touch Pro 2, but they are permanently out of stock according to two of the reps I spoke with. I wish I could wait until December/January when Win 7 mobile will be here and the 5 inch Dell Android phones hit....
Old 10-24-2009, 05:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

I returned it as part of Verizon's "Worry free Guarantee". I waited until day 29 of my first 30 days trying to get a Touch Pro 2, but they are permanently out of stock according to two of the reps I spoke with. I wish I could wait until December/January when Win 7 mobile will be here and the 5 inch Dell Android phones hit....
they wouldnt put all the money into the phone and than dump it after being htis successful... they just dont know when they are going to be back in stock
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, imagio, touch pro2, verizon