ARTICLE: AT&T makes 3 new service announcements for Sunday

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: AT&T makes 3 new service announcements for Sunday

Every time AT&T has made the news rounds recently, it seemed to be about something negative. It’s suing LCD manufacturers. It’s freaked about possibly losing the iPhone. It’s in denial over weak 3G coverage. It’s suing Verizon for exposing its weak 3G coverage. It’s still the only major carrier to not offer any Android phones yet, etc, etc… The list goes on.

As an AT&T customer myself, this has been depressing, to say the least. Now, there’s finally some news that doesn’t make me want to jump out the window: The nation’s #2 carrier has three new service annoncements on tap for Sunday.

Here’s the round-up:

Voicemail to Text: This may only cover 60 seconds of recorded message, but even so, it’s a handy feature to have. I’m not hot on the price, though: $10 per month seems like a lot for limited transcriptions. But on the plus side, users can choose how to route messages (to SMS, email, or both). A word of caution, though: Switching to this from the standard phone mail will wipe out stored messages, so make sure there’s nothing crucial in there before activating this.

AT&T Nation with Canada: The inclusion of Canada means no long distance charges for calls to our northern neighbors, plus the 1,000 night/weekend minutes and rollover/anytime minutes work here as well as across the border. (It’s also eligible for A-List and early nights/weekends.)

Mobile TV gets new channels, coverage, and pricing: AT&T is adding three new channels into the MediaFLO-based Mobile TV. We don’t know precisely what they are yet, just that they will be a comedy station, a "national broadcaster," and a children’s channel. Also, in addition to seven areas that have gotten access to Mobile TV since September 25, there will be another three more markets added by December 11. But the best part is that this service is getting a price cut, from $15 to $10 per month. (Mobile TV plus unlimited data goes from $30 down to $24.99.) While it’s still not exactly cheap, any price reduction is better than nothing.

AT&T, are you feeling okay? Dropping prices is so not like you. (Not that I’m complaining…)

Via: Engadget Mobile

Read More From Source
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
announcements, article, atandt, makes, service, sunday