Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Leo

The HTC Dragon!!! It will run 1GHZ Snapdragon, 4.3 IN capacitive screen, WVGA, and will ship with Android 2.0 with a new version of SenseUI im Sure!!! Heres the first pic of this beast that resembles like the Sprint Hero replacement next year

“ Quote ”

The HTC Dragon is seemingly the Android variant of the highly popular Windows Mobile HTC HD2 running a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor--also found on the HD2 and the Acer neoTouch S200.

The Dragon seems to sport a capacitive touch display with a row of touch-sensitive hardware buttons and a trackball at the bottom. Although SlashGear is postulating that the device may be a GSM device sporting GSM/EDGE/HSPA radios, that may not be the actual case upon release; recent HTC devices made for Verizon Wireless also state "3G" when on the carrier's high-speed EVDO network. Those devices include the Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 and the HTC Imagio.

The Dragon shares another similar trait with the Windows Mobile HTC HD2 including a large 4.3-inch touchscreen display, which we're guessing is capacitive in nature as Android does support capacitive touchscreens. Additionally, it looks like the camera may also support an LED flash. Is this actually a chin-less HTC Hero with a larger screen?

Code

http://pocketnow.com/smartphone/htc-dragon-is-the-android-version-of-htc-hd2

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Leo

Looks pretty tight. I'm enjoying my HERO, but faster processor and bigger screen...... hmmmm, let me think about this for a minute. Honestly, not much to think about

Old 10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Leo

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

Looks pretty tight. I'm enjoying my HERO, but faster processor and bigger screen...... hmmmm, let me think about this for a minute. Honestly, not much to think about
enjoy it to the fullest, this should be its replacement when ours go EOL so next year my friend.... next year..

no rush on my end, im just exited on what HTC will do to improve SenseUI and ill prolly have it come upgrade time

Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

he bro this is a beast dam android 2.0 but think i am gone miss a keyboard hmm or not haha
thanks for the post

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Le

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

enjoy it to the fullest, this should be its replacement when ours go EOL so next year my friend.... next year..

no rush on my end, im just exited on what HTC will do to improve SenseUI and ill prolly have it come upgrade time
I'm with you. I'm still excited about my HERO. It's like a new toy. I've been looking for something different. I still love my WM, but it's that toy you've played with so long and you just want something different. I can always switch back w/o any loss and jump back and forth... which is what I plan on doing, but the HERO has performed to my expectations. This is what I have been looking for. A lot like WM, but then yet not at the same time. Take that for however you want to translate it lol

--------- New Post Merged on 19/10/2009 at 0313 --------

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

he bro this is a beast dam android 2.0 but think i am gone miss a keyboard hmm or not haha
thanks for the post

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
I definitely loved my keyboard, but with bigger screen and good SIP program has made it easy to transition.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It is amazing now how fast phones are moving forward , at this we are gonna all have a hard time keep up too date with the newest phones haha

Old 10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Supporter

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

It is amazing now how fast phones are moving forward , at this we are gonna all have a hard time keep up too date with the newest phones haha
Ain't (not a real word) that the truth. Not only the technologies, but the variations. Especially, when you're a junkie you want a piece of everything, haha

Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah you guys are right on that... look at the lineup per instance verizon has spawned in a short period of time..... you have the blackberry tour, the tp2, the whitestone, the leo most likely next month, the storm 2, omnia 2, hero jan 2010, pre jan 2010, etc..... wooo weee this is getting insane and there are other android devices and such coming fourth as well... gonna be insane junkies.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah you guys are right on that... look at the lineup per instance verizon has spawned in a short period of time..... you have the blackberry tour, the tp2, the whitestone, the leo most likely next month, the storm 2, omnia 2, hero jan 2010, pre jan 2010, etc..... wooo weee this is getting insane and there are other android devices and such coming fourth as well... gonna be insane junkies.
The Moto Droid (Sholes) is IMO the most impressive device Verizon has cooked up ATM. Hope you get your hands on that puppy

Old 10-19-2009, 05:30 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Le

The Moto Droid (Sholes) is IMO the most impressive device Verizon has cooked up ATM. Hope you get your hands on that puppy
i dont really like the looks of it especially the gold per say enter key in most instances..... but may look different in person... gonna def have to check it out though.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i dont really like the looks of it especially the gold per say enter key in most instances..... but may look different in person... gonna def have to check it out though.
did not notice the gold till just now..... ugh...

if its anything like the sprint hero prototypes, ill be replaced by silver so it would look a whole lot better

Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Re: Re Re HTC Dragon We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC

did not notice the gold till just now..... ugh...

if its anything like the sprint hero prototypes, ill be replaced by silver so it would look a whole lot better
already branded which is what worries me... but they still have time ofr changes and could have been a photochopped or a prototype snapshot of the phone like they did for the sprint hero with the gold..... sicne they went to chrome/silver i see verizon doing something similar.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Slap TP2's keyboard on that thing & call it sold.

...yet another reason to hold off on replacing my TP. The offerings coming down the pipe are just unreal.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Slap TP2's keyboard on that thing & call it sold.

...yet another reason to hold off on replacing my TP. The offerings coming down the pipe are just unreal.
from now on out all these phones are going to be insane! i csnt wait to see what comes out next with all these advancements in technology especially in the mobile field since smartphones are growing at the fastest rates ever.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Mobile Model: TP One
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View ppopper78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ppopper78's Photo Album Add ppopper78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

gotta love it though, I remember when i had primco and thought the indiglo screen was tight, look where we are now. I hope future lineups include 1 gig processors and larger hd mem. These droid phones are awesome and get better as each one comes out.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Mobile Model: 9530 storm
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View Bluemumba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bluemumba's Photo Album Add Bluemumba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

These Droid phones are becoming mini netbooks. I remeber when having a carma was cool. Now it blazing fast internet at 3G speed. Qouted"Verizon" lol. But I think snapdragon is gonna change the game for google phone. Is it true that 2nd quarter of 2010 it gonna be released.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 PM

“ Originally Posted by Bluemumba View Post

These Droid phones are becoming mini netbooks. I remeber when having a carma was cool. Now it blazing fast internet at 3G speed. Qouted"Verizon" lol. But I think snapdragon is gonna change the game for google phone. Is it true that 2nd quarter of 2010 it gonna be released.
ive heard earlier but many trusted sources are all over the place on the relase date map... so i guess we will just have to wait and see.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, brother, dragon, htc, leo, twin, visual