Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

We've known for a while that the Zune HD would have a Marketplace. But this has always been a confusing prospect: is this the same Marketplace to be found on Windows Phone devices in October? And, is the Zune HD a precursor to Windows Mobile 7 with its new interface and multi-touch display?

It turns out that for now, at least, the Marketplace on Zune will feature mostly free apps developed in-house by Microsoft. Apps will include things like Twitter, Facebook, and some 3D games. These are slated to show up later this year. For now, users can get more basic widgets and games from the Marketplace.

At this time, Marketplace for Zune and Marketplace for Windows Phones will remain separate. This is because apps that work on a "sometimes" connected device (that's the Zune) may not work on an "always" connected device (like a phone). That, plus the fact that the Zune HD uses different software and drivers than those found on Windows Phone, and you can see why there will be no integration.

That said, it's possible that one day we may see both marketplaces merge so that you can essentially run sweet 3D Zune games on your Windows Phone, and run Windows Phone apps on your Zune.

We expect delivery of a Zune HD later today. We'll be doing coverage of the Marketplace to try to make some predictions of what Microsoft has in store for this sweet mobile device as it pertains to Windows Mobile. Plus, we're curious as to how the internet browsing experience of the Zune HD compares to that of IE Mobile in Windows Mobile 6.5.

(via Engadget)

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

it will be interesting to see how this will compare to the ipod touch in sales...especially duting the upcoming holiday season (dam what a fast year)...........
Old 09-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So, i've been waiting for this thing to drop ever since i heard about cuz i've always been a die hard zune fan.....the ipod touch came out and i had to put my zune away for one and i've been waiting forever for the zune hd....well i went out last night at midnight to walmart and picked one up and after a little playing i'll give my review.

Out of the box nothing is useable except for the one video it comes with and the two pictures....you have to sync with your computer and update it before anything can be used. Once that is done though this device is awesome. The device is only about .02 mm thicker than the ipod touch and it is definitely less wide but the screen is only .2 inches smaller than the ipod touch. The interface and touch screen is amazingly responsive and resilient. The OLED display is just amazing and everything on it looks crisp and clean. Navigation is very simple, easy and just plain looks better than the ipod touch. It has a sexy screen saver that scrolls the artist/song across the screen. As an MP3 player the Zune HD is hands down way better than the ipod touch in functionality and flair. Where it is a little lacking is the internet browser. The internet browser is fine and works well with auto rotation but the onscreen keyboard is significantly smaller than the ipod touch's and is a little difficult to type fast on but you can hold and drag across it and it will zoom on the letter you are pushing so I made very few spelling errors. As stated the app store only has about 8 apps available right now, all free, but it is way easier to download them vs the ipod touch because you don't have to enter a password at all to download. The FM tuner is awesome and very clear, my first experience with HD radio :-D Overall I will give the Zune HD an 7/10. It would get a 10/10 if you didn't have to update the software out of the box, the app store was more developed at its launch and if the on screen keyboard was a bit bigger but those issues can be easily fixed with a software update and I am definitely glad that I purchased one of these baby's. I definitely recommend this if you want a sleek and sexy device that will definitely get you laid :-D

Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Mobile Model: T-Mobile MDA
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The Zune hd is definitely a must buy. I cant wait until I get mine.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mda16 View Post

The Zune hd is definitely a must buy. I cant wait until I get mine.
im going to wait and here the reviews myself..... i just want to make sure that microsoft didnt mess this one up too or have lack of features.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 PM

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

im going to wait and here the reviews myself..... i just want to make sure that microsoft didnt mess this one up too or have lack of features.
I know what you mean but I think microsoft will deliver. I love my zune 80 and 4 that i have

Old 09-19-2009, 12:44 AM

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know what you mean but I think microsoft will deliver. I love my zune 80 and 4 that i have
I am pretty confident that MS will deliver, they definitely botched the launch but things can only get better....I love the zune interface and as for the apps, I hope they get some better ones and open it up for 3rd party developers but I've always thought that most the apps for the iphone/itouch were stupid and pointless....as a media player my zune HD blows the ipod out of the water

Old 09-19-2009, 07:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

I am pretty confident that MS will deliver, they definitely botched the launch but things can only get better....I love the zune interface and as for the apps, I hope they get some better ones and open it up for 3rd party developers but I've always thought that most the apps for the iphone/itouch were stupid and pointless....as a media player my zune HD blows the ipod out of the water
As a media player it does blow the ipod out of the water and I think zune will have some quality apps too

Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 PM

As a media player it does blow the ipod out of the water and I think zune will have some quality apps too
yup, really for me the only apps that are essential are facebook/myspace and some interesting games to keep me busy when i get bored at work or school. I don't need an app that will tell me the closest haircut place or one that will tell me when i'm gonna die so I'll be good with just a facebook/myspace app and some fun games

Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 PM

yup, really for me the only apps that are essential are facebook/myspace and some interesting games to keep me busy when i get bored at work or school. I don't need an app that will tell me the closest haircut place or one that will tell me when i'm gonna die so I'll be good with just a facebook/myspace app and some fun games
This is true and I'm gonna need a twitter app too lol

Old 09-20-2009, 02:46 PM

This is true and I'm gonna need a twitter app too lol
haha, they are supposed to be coming out with a twitter one within 5 weeks so the essentials should be covered

Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

quick question about the zune, I just care about sound quality, not from videos, but from MP3's. How good is it compared to an ipod? and if you have it hooked up to your car stereo, does it sound as good?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

quick question about the zune, I just care about sound quality, not from videos, but from MP3's. How good is it compared to an ipod? and if you have it hooked up to your car stereo, does it sound as good?
the sound quality is great and the hd radio is bad ass and on top of that it sounds great through the car
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

the sound quality is great and the hd radio is bad ass and on top of that it sounds great through the car
seems like im getting myself a Zune HD for christmas.........or even before lol
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Re: Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

seems like im getting myself a Zune HD for christmas.........or even before lol
i got a 32gb one ans i love it
Old 11-04-2009, 01:15 AM

Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

yup I got me the 32gb one as well and it really is the best portable media player on the market. The only thing that it doesn't beat the Ipod touch on is apps. Anything else it just destroys the Itouch. If you can live without 1,000 pointless apps then definitely go with the Zune HD

Old 11-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Re: Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

yup I got me the 32gb one as well and it really is the best portable media player on the market. The only thing that it doesn't beat the Ipod touch on is apps. Anything else it just destroys the Itouch. If you can live without 1,000 pointless apps then definitely go with the Zune HD
yup its a mp3 player for a reason and shouldnt be as large as the ipod touch in my opinion..... thats a phone not a mp3
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Re Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

yup its a mp3 player for a reason and shouldnt be as large as the ipod touch in my opinion..... thats a phone not a mp3
good point and a good thing to point out is that in hand it feels way smaller than the ipod touch yet the screen is only like .2 inches smaller...have you tried out the a/v dock yet dash? I got mine coming tomorrow but I'd like to see if it gets the Dash seal of approval

Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 PM

Re: Re Re What Zune HD Apps Mean for Windows Mobile

good point and a good thing to point out is that in hand it feels way smaller than the ipod touch yet the screen is only like .2 inches smaller...have you tried out the a/v dock yet dash? I got mine coming tomorrow but I'd like to see if it gets the Dash seal of approval
naw i havent ordered one yet... been kinda pushed on cash lately to tell the truth..... ill be getting one as soon as i can afford too.... but cant wait for your approval or denial.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
apps, mobile, windows, zune