PC vs. Phone: Which Matters Most?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed PC vs. Phone: Which Matters Most?

Today's cellphones make a compelling alternative to PC. Which one matters most?

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PC vs. Phone: Which Matters Most?

this is a tough decision hahaha since I need them both ....
Old 11-12-2009, 08:13 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ronaldsdv View Post

this is a tough decision hahaha since I need them both ....
it all depends. on my phone i can twitt and go to my facebook and get email and make calls and text messsgaeing...

Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea, tough decision, because the B/F is a computer guru so to say......so we pretty much are always "set" on the PC's in the house.........the phone........I like having the nicest that my budget can afford, put it that way, LOL!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahahaha I know the PC is to keep the bigger stuff .. or to do homework, etc. I believe is good to have both ... both of them are handy ...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Before long, the answers will be changing. In my humble opinion, we're on the cusp of a drastic change in how people (not just junkies like us) view their cell phones.

Better smartphones are capable of doing 95% or more of what most people use their PCs for... facebook, twitter, email, web browsing... The smartphones that are coming are even better. Why have a $2000 home PC set up for checking the email and watching the YouTube clip I can check and see on my Droid2, iPhone 4G, or Touch Pro 3? We, the junkies, have been doing this stuff for 5 years or more. The rest of the world is catching up with us. Think it sounds absurd?

10 years ago, the idea of EVERYONE having a decent camera on their cellphone was absurd...
Old 11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you need both because without a pc to host the server we wouldnt have spj, without the ppc and smartphones we wouldnt have a site to build around.... thats a toughy hahaha
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re PC vs Phone Which Matters Most

Pc's will always be more important. Cause lets face it. Our phones would not be what they are today if we didnt have pc's. Advanced editing on a phone would be really hard. Websites wouldnt be as good cause without a pc you can run a website. Well you could but it would be very hard!!!!

So, for me, I would say that the pc makes our cell phones what they are today. EVEN non hacked phones.

PC for the win!!!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 AM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Seriously I am going to have to say whatever my phone can't handle my compter can. I can take my phone with me everywhere, it's not like you can't take a lap top with you but can you imagine getting a phone call on your laptop in the middle of something and not knowing who it is? We need both, unless we are going to get like Katt Williams and have the phone on the tongue, LOL
Old 11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re PC vs Phone Which Matters Most

ummm lets see... my phone can manage and edit files in its own mass storage, browse the full web, download from web, create and edit documents, listen to music, facebook, youtube, twitter, games, does email, IM messenger, etc. etc.

Plus it has a built in compass, GPS, calls, text, visual voicemail, barcode scanner, 5MP camera with camcorder, music ID, etc.

IMO in some ways, PC is catching up to mobile devices... but cant replace them yet

Old 11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re PC vs Phone Which Matters Most

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

ummm lets see... my phone can manage and edit files in its own mass storage, browse the full web, download from web, create and edit documents, listen to music, facebook, youtube, twitter, games, does email, IM messenger, etc. etc.

Plus it has a built in compass, GPS, calls, text, visual voicemail, barcode scanner, 5MP camera with camcorder, music ID, etc.

IMO in some ways, PC is catching up to mobile devices... but can replace them yet
yea but we need computers to still code and build new apps and games as well as better stuff that is out.. without that you wouldnt have it on your phone.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re PC vs Phone Which Matters Most

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yea but we need computers to still code and build new apps and games as well as better stuff that is out.. without that you wouldnt have it on your phone.
whoops, sorry. i meant CAN'T replace them yet in the last line

typo... you are right buddy

Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

we need a poll, PC guy here!!
Post New ThreadReply