Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
xxdbkxx xxdbkxx is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: ToMOFOPro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Is WinMo a sinking ship

For the last couple years, we've been touting our WinMo superiority over the rest of the industry. iPhone can't do video, iPhone can't do picture mail, WinMo is more modable than Android, WinMo has all the third-party apps, WinMo has been doing all these things for years.......

Well, it seems that not only has the competition caught up with WinMO...but surpassed it. I feel like I'm clinging onto WinMo out of loyalty, but for how long? iPhone has a billion more apps released and it appears that Android is following suit.

I used to be proud of my WinMo phone and was able to give a long list of reasons it was superior than the rest, but that just isn't the case anymore.

C'mon guys......give me your input, am I right? Or help restore my faith in WinMo.....

Whatcha got?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xxdbkxx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 AM
HTC Phones Own
Mobile Model: HTC Imagioâ„¢
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Is WinMo a sinking ship

God I hope not. I likes me some Winmo. I don't see it happening with the fact that MS is now coming out with Windows Phones rather than phones just running Windows. MS will pull a rabbit out of the hat and be on top as usual.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Is WinMo a sinking ship

hi whel wm is no sinking ship but they can use inprovements on market and ohter stuff treu iphone has great appstore music ad games amon ohter things, android is growing daily and are put on so many brands htc samsung motorola and alot of ohter whil follow think android whil become big even go pass iphone good devs ho keep the android market expanding and the 2.0 looks so awesome, but i am a windows fan for a few reason loyalty maybey this is the reason i stay whit wm the flashing fun custom roms the whait for it evry new releas spb themes titanium TFD3 themes wisbar has so many themes and option pountui and there themes and all apps games i can try out this is what keeps me whit wm you can do so many things on wm whit different ui things ohter device cant do thats just how i see it its albout prefrence in a away few of us love iphone and android but there still many wimo lovers also like i love my tp2 thats my baby lol

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIN @SPJ

Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View hPeOaTd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hPeOaTd's Photo Album Add hPeOaTd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I dont know if its just me, but flashing and customizing winmo devices is the best part about them. Ive never had an iphone or android device but as far as i kno u get what u buy and cant 'flash' a new rom or wutever it would be on those. Switching between winmo 6.1 and 6.5 and 6.5.1 and trying to figure out what pisses me off the most is the only thing that really gets me thru the day. Plus we have access to freeware and user developed stuff...themes galore (which im sure the others have too) ... spb mobile shell not floatin my boat today, im goin tf3d....call me crazy but the fact that i have that kind of customizational control beats out any fancy looking iphone and their app store...cuz anything ur phone can do....mine can do just as good just not as pretty...
Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by xxdbkxx View Post

For the last couple years, we've been touting our WinMo superiority over the rest of the industry. iPhone can't do video, iPhone can't do picture mail, WinMo is more modable than Android, WinMo has all the third-party apps, WinMo has been doing all these things for years.......

Well, it seems that not only has the competition caught up with WinMO...but surpassed it. I feel like I'm clinging onto WinMo out of loyalty, but for how long? iPhone has a billion more apps released and it appears that Android is following suit.

I used to be proud of my WinMo phone and was able to give a long list of reasons it was superior than the rest, but that just isn't the case anymore.

C'mon guys......give me your input, am I right? Or help restore my faith in WinMo.....

Whatcha got?
windows mobile in my opinion will keep these small changes that they have been doing forever going and going..... so basically it will never be as spectacular and will be the bottom feeder until they start to move quickly in the industry and suck up the pride of not being the best in this instance.... make yourself the best.... i know i am getting the droid on the 6th from best buy no doubt and cant wait to get it activated to mess around with it and be able to swap between that and my tp2 i feel android is going to be a force to be reckoned with especially since it covers multiple providers and platforms in all these different phones... great marketing and strategy by google if you ask me.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man all I can say is that Droid is a nice a$$ looking phone. Making me change my mind about upgrading my phone. I don't want to have to go over to the dark side but that VZW phone is one hott phone
Old 10-29-2009, 05:24 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

Man all I can say is that Droid is a nice a$$ looking phone. Making me change my mind about upgrading my phone. I don't want to have to go over to the dark side but that VZW phone is one hott phone
if you do come over drop my name and we will both save money just send me a message asking for my whole real name hahaha
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

if you do come over drop my name and we will both save money just send me a message asking for my whole real name hahaha
Ok I will do that.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i do hear what your saying, MS needs to beef it up a little. we all know about the customization our phones are capable of. If they marketed that more people would see the light. The thing about the iphone is it is made to be a "FUN" phone as where ours are made for using them for everyday organization. Thats my 2 cents

Old 10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by xxdbkxx View Post

Whatcha got?
ok number one all those first things u said about the iphone is absolutely false lol, it has all of that plus more. remember iphone is a new device and OS aswell and look how good its selling. I dont wanna here iphone isnt multitasking capable b.c it is:

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4MZIe5lzX8
And

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Irt_J2c7o
And to tout your horn, iphone is the number one selling business phone on top of BB and android. The iphone is a beast at 800mhz CPU and 288 memory, and 16gb or 32gb Drive. Thing is windows mobile never really cared about how much phones they r selling but now with iphone sales at the top and droid and BB following, they are making moves, and from the looks of it following aswell. its like venum said, WM will be better once they DUMB down the OS for the regular non tech person. The reason we need custom roms is b/c the carriers beef the OS so much it makes the phone bad, therefore custom roms run nicer, for the iphone that isnt the case, the iphone comes fast, and smooth from the box, and by jailbreaking it, it makes it even more superior to the regular non jailbroken iphones. But windows mobile isnt going anywhere it will always be here and according to a quote by ceo of HTC, he says they have to take care of WM first before android:

Code

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/10/29/htc-ceo-says-he-could-but-wont-make-hd2-an-android-phone-has-t/
Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 AM

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Is WinMo a sinking ship

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

ok number one all those first things u said about the iphone is absolutely false lol, it has all of that plus more. remember iphone is a new device and OS aswell and look how good its selling. I dont wanna here iphone isnt multitasking capable b.c it is:
Oh, I know its false....NOW. But 2 years ago, it was absolutely true. That is exactly the point of this thread. We USED to be able to hold a lot of stuff over the iPhone, that just isn't the case anymore.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL
Mobile OS: 5.0

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The Droid's new Google Maps Navigation looks hella good. I hope Google releases a free version capable of running on WinMo. I hope they don't offer an iphone version (at least until At&T loses the monopoly).
Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Time for the original iPhone supporter on SPJ to add his 2 cents...lol....I have to say that I love and have loved my current and old windows mobile phones....but if you placed a current windows mobile device and the best android or iphone device and told me to choose I would have to go with either the apple or android device depending on hardware....I mean Windows os was great compared to any other smartphone prior to iphone release...but now with the new android it is still further down the chain...I mean don't get me wrong I still preferit over palm os (non-web os), and blackberry os, and symbian os but it does not compare to the android or iphone....and being so intimately familiar with the iphone os and alittle with the android os I know they are capable of alot of things...but its not only the software of the device but it it is the hardware...I mean you got the tp2 which is released with windows 6.1 that has been out for ages if you count when leaked roms came out...and pretty much same camera and internal hardware of touch pro they just make it bigger and heavier and still persist on having a resistive touch screen...I gotta laugh at that one...I mean capacitive is the place to be...I mean att has been capacitive since 2007 and 2009 touch pro 2 still uses resistive...thats why it will never be as fluid touch screen movements as droid or iphone...and that new droid is gonna be hot...I only wish that the droid had come to sprint and the hero had gone to verizon....but Sprint has never really had the greatest relationship with motorola with CDMA handsets compared to verizons long time connection with motorola....but lets see if the droid will keep the momentum even a month after release unlike how the pre popped and fizzled...lol...I knew I was not really gonna like that device...I love the software but I hate the current hardware of the palm pre.....we will see whats around the corner....but here is hoping that Sprint will get a droid device by motorola who is not ignorant in placing a 5 megapixel camera without a flash like some companies....cough, cough; htc hero, cough!

Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

Time for the original iPhone supporter on SPJ to add his 2 cents...lol....I have to say that I love and have loved my current and old windows mobile phones....but if you placed a current windows mobile device and the best android or iphone device and told me to choose I would have to go with either the apple or android device depending on hardware....I mean Windows os was great compared to any other smartphone prior to iphone release...but now with the new android it is still further down the chain...I mean don't get me wrong I still preferit over palm os (non-web os), and blackberry os, and symbian os but it does not compare to the android or iphone....and being so intimately familiar with the iphone os and alittle with the android os I know they are capable of alot of things...but its not only the software of the device but it it is the hardware...I mean you got the tp2 which is released with windows 6.1 that has been out for ages if you count when leaked roms came out...and pretty much same camera and internal hardware of touch pro they just make it bigger and heavier and still persist on having a resistive touch screen...I gotta laugh at that one...I mean capacitive is the place to be...I mean att has been capacitive since 2007 and 2009 touch pro 2 still uses resistive...thats why it will never be as fluid touch screen movements as droid or iphone...and that new droid is gonna be hot...I only wish that the droid had come to sprint and the hero had gone to verizon....but Sprint has never really had the greatest relationship with motorola with CDMA handsets compared to verizons long time connection with motorola....but lets see if the droid will keep the momentum even a month after release unlike how the pre popped and fizzled...lol...I knew I was not really gonna like that device...I love the software but I hate the current hardware of the palm pre.....we will see whats around the corner....but here is hoping that Sprint will get a droid device by motorola who is not ignorant in placing a 5 megapixel camera without a flash like some companies....cough, cough; htc hero, cough!
Hey iceman im an originial iphone user too lol, but sprint has good relations with motorola bro, hello sprint NEXTEL lol, Nextel only really features moto phones lol plus sprint did get the razr and rzr 2 which looks pretty good for a flip phone...but like I said above, iphone and droid def ahead of the game man, and windows mobile is playing catch up now, better late then never, and the problem that WM faces is they dont wanna completely rebuild the OS like Palm did with their OS, WM wants to build over the current OS and integrate instead of starting from 1.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/10/2009 at 0539 --------

At the same time, WM 6.5.1's newest sys does show alot of major improvements in the OS, so lets just stand by and see in the later sys's what wm has up their sleeves, I mean Windows is a giant and im sure they wont stand back and watch google make an ass out of em...so lets just be patient and not count wm as a sunken boat lol
Old 10-30-2009, 04:55 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

time to chime in myself....

The reason WM looks like a sinking ship ATM is because its basically a sitting duck... iPhone is what started the UI revolution and set a new standard in user experience, Android followed, WebOS after that leaving WM and BB in the dust... but BB is doing a hell lot better cuz even though it hasnt caught up with the "pretty UI" fad, it just works.... if WM worked that way, it wouldnt need custom roms, registry tweaks, hacks etc. We gotta remember that we modders are a very small percentage of the user base so its idiotic to blame people for bad performance on their WM devices on their lack on knowledge of unlocking and flashing.... Its supposed to work out of the box cuz you pay for $500+ device only to spend most of your time making it work like it should.

User experience is a big part on why WM is falling behind also, it had the Windows 98 look till 6.5 where is freshened up a bit but still needs more work. Tiny buttons, pathetic on screen keyboard, and stylus UI everywhere (before HTC Sense mind you) So 6.5.1 is heading the right direction since its starting to work under the hood (menus, contacts, settings, etc) And its also using the same core since 2002 -2003 WindowsCE. So performance will still mostly be in 2002 standards till they redo the OS down to the core to make things more stable and smooth.

Note that im speaking about the Core OS, SPB Mobile Shell, PointUI, Sense, Wisbar, Throttlelauncher etc. doesnt come into play cuz its simply hiding the fact that the UI needs work unlike iPhoneOS, WebOS, and Android where it launches with no UI modifications on the most part and it has a good enough experience to have a good feel to it. A true complete OS SHOULD NOT NEED all these add-ons (icontact, opera browser, alternate sms apps, email apps, today screen etc.) A lot of people think that using these add-ons are an advantage rather than a real reason to believe that the OS needs work....

If WM7 has the same improvements as the Zune HD and Windows 7, it should be ok if not straight up awesome, but its an uphill battle when it actually ships since a totally new OS will mean no software compatibility thust the developers will have to start from scratch cuz there will be no apps for WM7. But if it comes out strong enough, it will catch wind just fine just like Android is now.... But remember to not to make the same mistake Palm did with WebOS. WM7 should attempt to compete with how Andrid and iPhoneOS will be AT THE TIME rather to compete on how they are now.... WebOS got screwed since they tried to destroy the iPhone3G so bad, they forgot to look at the future and got beaten by the 3GS shortly after

A finished 6.5.1 should have been released instead of 6.5 since the improvements go way deeper than a homescreen and start menu....

Right now my money is on Android and the potential of what WebOS will offer on future updates...

Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

time to chime in myself....

The reason WM looks like a sinking ship ATM is because its basically a sitting duck... iPhone is what started the UI revolution and set a new standard in user experience, Android followed, WebOS after that leaving WM and BB in the dust... but BB is doing a hell lot better cuz even though it hasnt caught up with the "pretty UI" fad, it just works.... if WM worked that way, it wouldnt need custom roms, registry tweaks, hacks etc. We gotta remember that we modders are a very small percentage of the user base so its idiotic to blame people for bad performance on their WM devices on their lack on knowledge of unlocking and flashing.... Its supposed to work out of the box cuz you pay for $500+ device only to spend most of your time making it work like it should.

User experience is a big part on why WM is falling behind also, it had the Windows 98 look till 6.5 where is freshened up a bit but still needs more work. Tiny buttons, pathetic on screen keyboard, and stylus UI everywhere (before HTC Sense mind you) So 6.5.1 is heading the right direction since its starting to work under the hood (menus, contacts, settings, etc) And its also using the same core since 2002 -2003 WindowsCE. So performance will still mostly be in 2002 standards till they redo the OS down to the core to make things more stable and smooth.

Note that im speaking about the Core OS, SPB Mobile Shell, PointUI, Sense, Wisbar, Throttlelauncher etc. doesnt come into play cuz its simply hiding the fact that the UI needs work unlike iPhoneOS, WebOS, and Android where it launches with no UI modifications on the most part and it has a good enough experience to have a good feel to it. A true complete OS SHOULD NOT NEED all these add-ons (icontact, opera browser, alternate sms apps, email apps, today screen etc.) A lot of people think that using these add-ons are an advantage rather than a real reason to believe that the OS needs work....

If WM7 has the same improvements as the Zune HD and Windows 7, it should be ok if not straight up awesome, but its an uphill battle when it actually ships since a totally new OS will mean no software compatibility thust the developers will have to start from scratch cuz there will be no apps for WM7. But if it comes out strong enough, it will catch wind just fine just like Android is now.... But remember to not to make the same mistake Palm did with WebOS. WM7 should attempt to compete with how Andrid and iPhoneOS will be AT THE TIME rather to compete on how they are now.... WebOS got screwed since they tried to destroy the iPhone3G so bad, they forgot to look at the future and got beaten by the 3GS shortly after

A finished 6.5.1 should have been released instead of 6.5 since the improvements go way deeper than a homescreen and start menu....

Right now my money is on Android and the potential of what WebOS will offer on future updates...
I agree with u 100% mike, which is why i kinda left wm man, the flashing and all was starting to get me annoyed and tweaking all the time and soft resetting all the time b/c something locked up on u...i needed my phone to work 100% all the time, I use it for work vigorously and aggressively so it has to keep up with me man and the iphone keeps up hell amazing, and everyone here can bash it and say it sucks the OS sucks b/c its closed source bla bla but point is the iphone is HOT and can do more then wm can do and droid even, not sayin maybe droid will be better but RIGHT NOW the iphone is killing it which is why verizon wants it so bad... like i said if wm dumbs down the OS and fancy's it up a little more which 6.5.1 will be like im sure. I mean 6.5.1 is looking nice so fari gotta say and am impressed, resistive isnt really a big deal to be honest but capacitive is the best and works best when dragging something. but the main reason htc didnt make the cpu bigger on the tp2 is b/c it isnt capacitive thus it doesnt need the added cpu. which is why the iphone 3GS is smoother and faster then the previous iphone 3G and 2G, they added extra cpu totalling it to 800mhz, and more memory to 288 which is good for multitasking.

SO THE FINAL, DO I THINK WM IS A SINKING SHIP? RIGHT NOW ITS GOING DOWN FOR THE AVERAGE USER, BUT FOR US AS OF NOW ITS NOT B/C WE SEE WHATS COMING AHEAD WITH THE NEW SYS BUT THE AVERAGE USER DOESNT B/C THEY ARENT APART OF THE HACK COMMUNITY LIKE US, BUT ONCE 6.5.1 OFFICIALLY DROPS AND THE REGULAR USERS SEE IT THEN IT WILL RISE AGAIN ON ITS OWN TWO FEET. SO PATIENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Is WinMo a sinking ship

Hey iceman im an originial iphone user too lol, but sprint has good relations with motorola bro, hello sprint NEXTEL lol, Nextel only really features moto phones lol plus sprint did get the razr and rzr 2 which looks pretty good for a flip phone...but like I said above, iphone and droid def ahead of the game man, and windows mobile is playing catch up now, better late then never, and the problem that WM faces is they dont wanna completely rebuild the OS like Palm did with their OS, WM wants to build over the current OS and integrate instead of starting from 1.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/10/2009 at 0539 --------

At the same time, WM 6.5.1's newest sys does show alot of major improvements in the OS, so lets just stand by and see in the later sys's what wm has up their sleeves, I mean Windows is a giant and im sure they wont stand back and watch google make an ass out of em...so lets just be patient and not count wm as a sunken boat lol

lol....I knew somebody was gonna say something about nextel...so thats why I said sprint does not have good relationship with motorola for cdma devices...lol....you will never catch me saying something wrong lol....sorry had to just let you know my brotha...lol

Old 10-30-2009, 11:37 PM

Re Re Re Re Is WinMo a sinking ship

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

lol....I knew somebody was gonna say something about nextel...so thats why I said sprint does not have good relationship with motorola for cdma devices...lol....you will never catch me saying something wrong lol....sorry had to just let you know my brotha...lol
well u never specified, u said sprint doesnt have good relation with motorola, but u were wrong b/c nextel sprint is under one company. Everyone one is wrong once in a while BROTHA.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 AM

Re: Re Re Re Re Is WinMo a sinking ship

well u never specified, u said sprint doesnt have good relation with motorola, but u were wrong b/c nextel sprint is under one company. Everyone one is wrong once in a while BROTHA.
aint that the truth.... hell you learn from being wrong no matter how you think it out..
Old 10-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Mobile Model: sprint htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bill's Photo Album Add bill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

idont think its sinking they basically set the path and as in every other situation ppl or companies are going to follow its a reliable os so if they keep doing what they do they should be fine and yes the iphone has tones of apps but doesnt winmo have a bunch too....
Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 AM

“ Originally Posted by bill View Post

idont think its sinking they basically set the path and as in every other situation ppl or companies are going to follow its a reliable os so if they keep doing what they do they should be fine and yes the iphone has tones of apps but doesnt winmo have a bunch too....
Not near as many

--------- New Post Merged on 2/11/2009 at 0216 --------

Alright guys, thank you for all the input.

This is exactly the conversation that I was trying to provoke.

All the opinions and input are excellent, you guys are the best!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL
Mobile OS: 5.0

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

One interesting thing I saw this week was a techy guy I know raving about Windows 7. He was always telling me "Apple's OS is so far superior to Windows". Now he's telling me Win7 is better than Snow Leopard. I can see Microsoft riding the success of 7 into a success in the WinMo field.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:57 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know I'm late..but let me see if I understand this.. The iphone is the way to go...& not a windows phone???

Old 11-14-2009, 09:06 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

I know I'm late..but let me see if I understand this.. The iphone is the way to go...& not a windows phone???
not really sweety. i believe what was meant to say is that iPhone, WebOS and Android are moving at a much faster pace than Windows thus making it fall behind. WM7 might change this

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Mobile Model: TP One

View ppopper78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ppopper78's Photo Album Add ppopper78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i have messed with wm and droid and iphone. All three are great but wm has been around a long time and has been modable the most but with all this new stuff coming out wm needs to change their format their UI, the programming and their device versatility needs to be improved. If it was not for tf3d their wm versions would all be the same and as for 6.5 it really has not changed much. They need to fix all the lagging and the freezing issues cause its really their grearest downfall. I have had a wm device since the apache and I have always loved it but battery issues always have followed since, you can play with an I phone a long time with better batt usage. Sinking ship yes but if they make a new ui completely different from the last 4 versions wm they can stay ahead of the game.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ppopper78 View Post

well i have messed with wm and droid and iphone. All three are great but wm has been around a long time and has been modable the most but with all this new stuff coming out wm needs to change their format their UI, the programming and their device versatility needs to be improved. If it was not for tf3d their wm versions would all be the same and as for 6.5 it really has not changed much. They need to fix all the lagging and the freezing issues cause its really their grearest downfall. I have had a wm device since the apache and I have always loved it but battery issues always have followed since, you can play with an I phone a long time with better batt usage. Sinking ship yes but if they make a new ui completely different from the last 4 versions wm they can stay ahead of the game.
my friend had "i think" the omnia and he just got the droid. i asked what was the main difference & what he liked better and he said it's way faster and you don't have to restart it all the time. i think we don't realize how often we have to reset our wm phones. it's not really "look how easy it is to fix our phones" it's more like "my phone stopped working right again"
Old 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

naw the iphone wouldnt be the way to go in my opinion unless you are going to listen to a lot of music on your phone and want to use it for games and useless apps on top of the ones that you use religiously. the jailbroke models are getting hacked into and personal information is being stolen. it doesnt happen on the ones that havent been jailbroke though so thats something to think about as well with that route. windows mobile as mike said has just fell a step behind in my opinion because when they passed palm back in the day with wm2003 and wm5 they got comfortable and didnt make any changes from 5.0 to 6 over to 6.1 and now "early" 6.5 stages..... they have to pick it up now that iphone and now android are in the market and playing catch up always takes longer than if they did the work and made their os better by working on it.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Vogue
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View Reddog80p's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Reddog80p's Photo Album Add Reddog80p's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think WinMo just needed a fire lit under them to actually do something. Kind of like the Chicago Cubs ....why put a good team on the field if your selling out games. Now that the competition has gained some momentum look for WinMo to do something soon.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
ship, sinking, winmo