Call Tones Figured Out!

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Psycho Psycho is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Location: uniontown pennsylvania (30 miles south of pittsburgh)
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Call Tones Figured Out!

This works on the HTC Touch, not sure about the mogul, it should work, but you never know!

Ok gents! I have figured out how to adjust call tones on the touch! You have to get this file http://rapidshare.com/files/94140296/calltones_193.zip and install it on your ppc.

Make sure that internet explorer is closed at this point.

Then go Start->Settings->Connections->Advanced->select networks

In the first drop down box select Call Tones.

Click Edit.

Then you go to the proxy settings tab-> click "This network connects to the Internet" and "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet." Then type in "68.28.31.33" under proxy server

Then go back to the modem tab, then hold the stylus on calltone connect until an menu pops up, and click on connect.

Then it will try to connect, and ask for a user name and a password, and a domain, leave all of these blank, and click ok.

Now leave this window open, do not click ok on the top right (atleast for me it was disconnecting every time I tried this.....)

Open up internet explorer, and type in http://vision.sprintpcs.com/ if this site does not come up correctly, *EDIT* (if it has a red bar at the top its not the right website) refresh a few times.

In the search type in call tones, and then click the call tone link that pops up, and Bingo! you gots yourself calltone access!

In theory you can bookmark this page and delete the software for this, and just use the bookmark, now I have not tried this yet..... any questions? post here! hopefully we can get a rapidshare linky for this file... soon.... credit to Wideawake from the PPC forums for this excellent solution!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 PM

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Call Tones Figured Out!

rapidshare link, I think I did this right.... http://rapidshare.com/files/94140296/calltones_193.zip
Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View D-DAY's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View D-DAY's Photo Album Add D-DAY's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey bro when i hold the call tone connect and i press connect i get a error message as follows "the current connection cannot be used for your request.please end the current connection and try again" i did every thing you said to do.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:50 PM

try doing a soft reset, you can do this by taking the stylus and pressing the button on the bottom of the phone beside the charger, i got that error once.. i think a soft reset fixed it, perhaps you mistyped the ip?

*Edit* don't forget to disconnect the usb from the pc, the phone will try to connect with the server through your pc's internet, and i'm not sure if that will work

*Edit* Saving the call tones url to your favorites will actually work, unfortunatly I can not give you this url, mainly because it is a very long url, but also because I think that the specific url applies to your account! On the flip side, you may want to keep the call tones connection on your phone, because the vision.sprintpcs.com url will not work without it, and that is a great way of checking minutes used. I hope I explained this well enough...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what is the benefit of this??, like what do you get by doing this?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

what is the benefit of this??, like what do you get by doing this?
Isn't it self Explanatory? you can access your call tones from your device..as you could not before.Read up a little...
Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol and this dosent make it free does it

Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Nope, it just allows you to access your calltone account, it still costs money for your calltones...
Old 02-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View aluva99's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aluva99's Photo Album Add aluva99's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

did everything by the book but still only land on the website with the Home page w/the red label.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by aluva99 View Post

did everything by the book but still only land on the website with the Home page w/the red label.
huh havent tried this myself maby the guy above that got it working on hi could help you troubleshoot a little bit. my gue would be that there was a error in the steps that you followed. i would go back and double check that you did everything correctly.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:08 PM

View aluva99's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aluva99's Photo Album Add aluva99's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well do, I'll keep you posted. On another note, I read somewhere that you customize Touch phones for a fee. As I'm trying my best on my own, any information would be helpful as I know I should do a quick serach but I so damn busy. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well do, I'll keep you posted. On another note, I read somewhere that you customize Touch phones for a fee. As I'm trying my best on my own, any information would be helpful as I know I should do a quick serach but I so damn busy. Thanks.
well thats a broad topic with help and what you ould want done. i could right a 40 pager on how to do it and all. if you want you can make a new thread under free talk or sumtin and name it modding help and i can help you with quetions in there so this thread doent get crapped. but yes i do offer the service if you would like that.... just got free up and done with 4 phones today and did the 5th in peron.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 AM

If you are getting the red bar, that means that the calltones connection is not staying connected, remember not to click the "ok" button after you connect, and after you load Internet Explorer, click on the ev logo on the top, and make sure it says "call tones connected" and not "sprint connected" sorry this reply took a while, I have been busy with college... This is the link where I learned how to do this,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3782

good luck, hope this works!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View BadnewsVABoi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BadnewsVABoi's Photo Album Add BadnewsVABoi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm getting an "ERROR" "The requested URL could not be retrieved" message. I thought I did everything correct as explained...
Old 03-29-2008, 02:54 PM

“ Originally Posted by BadnewsVABoi View Post

I'm getting an "ERROR" "The requested URL could not be retrieved" message. I thought I did everything correct as explained...
i dont use but have you tried to go to the link in post #13
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM

when you try to connect, did you leave it plugged in to your computer through usb? you need to disconnect the usb, and use sprint's internet. It seems more like a problem with your connection than with the process.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got the red bar and i am running 6.1 with REV A on my Mogul... this gives me the read bar. I have double checked setting and are very familiar with how to configure ehat u asked for... No working for me!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ya i have reports it works try this..........quote from ppcgeeks

“ Quote ”

Kaos - thanks to you I got call tones working on my Mogul. You are the man. Follow this outline exactly as it is posted, and it will work. One addition to the procedure, though, is to make sure that you change the access number to your Sprint connection (#777) to something else temporarily (I changed mine to 0) before you connect via the CallTones connection. Also make sure that wifi is turned off. This prevents another connection from becoming active and taking you to the wrong vision site.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Junk!! LMAO!...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM

View rwcj63's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rwcj63's Photo Album Add rwcj63's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i keep getting "the requested page can not be displayed"? suggestions?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post

i keep getting "the requested page can not be displayed"? suggestions?
link in post 13 bro or the steps in post one.... thats all that can be said really on this topic. its either gonna wrok with what we have or not..... sorry.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM

I think Sprint caught on to this one, because when I try to log on, it comes up "Call tones is temporatily unavailable. try again later." Then when you press ok, it says "Method Now Allowed, an error has occured." Going to try and re do this, I saved it as a favorite, and it worked well for the last month, it also worked on my pc! I did this hack on my touch, and kept it as a favorite, and activesync put it on my mogul automatically, so I never installed the "calltone hack" cab on my mogul... any of you guys getting the same error? Thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 AM

nevermind, its working again... I couldn't get the mogul to connect to the internet through the program that I linked, think sprint's calltone server may have went down temporarily... I feel like a dunce now... but the good news is, this is my 200th post!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 AM

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

nevermind, its working again... I couldn't get the mogul to connect to the internet through the program that I linked, think sprint's calltone server may have went down temporarily... I feel like a dunce now... but the good news is, this is my 200th post!
nice congrats bro i hit that a long time ago lol
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 AM

like the day the site launched?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 AM

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

like the day the site launched?
lol naw like 2 days in lol
Old 05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Diamond

View bxr84257's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bxr84257's Photo Album Add bxr84257's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I also keep getting to the page with the red label??
Old 05-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Diamond

View bxr84257's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bxr84257's Photo Album Add bxr84257's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Old 05-01-2008, 05:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by bxr84257 View Post

hat you mean page with red lable.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:02 PM

View generik777's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View generik777's Photo Album Add generik777's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Why does mine keep saying I need to activate premium services when I try to purchase a call tone? I can't figure out how to do it.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul PPC - 6

View Dooper's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Dooper's Photo Album Add Dooper's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great guide...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dooper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM

Re: Call Tones Figured Out

“ Originally Posted by generik777 View Post

Why does mine keep saying I need to activate premium services when I try to purchase a call tone? I can't figure out how to do it.
perhaps there is a block on your account against premium downloads. if you are the account holder, just call sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to Psycho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 PM

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im a little confused about this, there's no "CallTones" option under Networks in my htc Touch, help anyone?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 PM

im a little confused about this, there's no "CallTones" option under Networks in my htc Touch, help anyone?
here we go again.... please read the posts!!!!!! you need to work around it by having an older non smartphone to get this to work.... or a different workaround so called that only works for some.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 PM

sorry Dash, i read the first two pages and no one mentioned it, so i jumped to the last page and posted my question lol....sorry again
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 AM

you need to get the calltones cab file and install it first. it will give you the magical calltones option in networks.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Proâ„¢ + MR6

View tehdefiant1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tehdefiant1's Photo Album Add tehdefiant1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow, this worked like a charm.
I was told by sprint that call tones wasn't available for WM phones. I like this forum already!!! (1st post)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tehdefiant1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM

glad you got it working.... enjoy!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM

View SM0KEY's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View SM0KEY's Photo Album Add SM0KEY's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

here we go again.... please read the posts!!!!!! you need to work around it by having an older non smartphone to get this to work.....

so let me get this str8.........what is the actual "work around/fix" to this call tones issue.......

a) have an older non smart phone or b) install this file that everyone keeps mentioning??

I already installed that file onto the phone.........and I am able to get "call tones" under network........and am able to enter "call tones" into the search bar........but after that..........I get to a point that tells me something about not able to get premium content, etc.....

what gives........would anyone mind giving me a step by step talk through making this work for me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

otherwise ill probably end up taking this damn phone back and going to Tmobile and getting the G1 since it already has call tones active on that phone........which I do not understand why HTC didnt have that on this phone..........since it has just about everything else other than a hooker to suck a big fatty...........
Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 PM

the premium content error means that you have a block on your account on downloads, or it could mean that you do not have a data plan. call sprint and tell them that your sprint music store is not working. this is a common problem that occurs within 4 hours after the phone has been activated. sorry this took so long for me to get back to you, i got a full time job, and I am working full time christmas hours at radioshack... hope this helps!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro wm6.5
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View metallized's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View metallized's Photo Album Add metallized's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just got to this post.... gonna try it later today... but here is what i've been doing all these times guys.... u all might not like it but when the above mentioned process does not work this is gonna be ur 2nd option..... i have another sprint fone, not a WM. so all i do every now n then is go to sprint.com and activate that old fone on my number, download all the call tones or whatever i need and then switch my fone number back to my touch.... all those call tones that i download works perfectly.....
The Following User Says Thank You to metallized For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2009, 03:39 PM

“ Originally Posted by metallized View Post

just got to this post.... gonna try it later today... but here is what i've been doing all these times guys.... u all might not like it but when the above mentioned process does not work this is gonna be ur 2nd option..... i have another sprint fone, not a WM. so all i do every now n then is go to sprint.com and activate that old fone on my number, download all the call tones or whatever i need and then switch my fone number back to my touch.... all those call tones that i download works perfectly.....
yup knew this way would work also but unfortunately i dont have a non windows phone and i got all my buddies into ppc's so they dont either....... so i guess im just stuck with the regular dial tone.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 PM

View j2kcustom's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View j2kcustom's Photo Album Add j2kcustom's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey Everyone, this would be my first post, seems like I finally found a great community for my HTC touch pro questions.

I followed everything step by step on the guide, but when I type "Call tones" into the search tab on power vision home, it says that "No Results for call tones"

also tried "Calltones"
Ringback, etc.

Any tips here guys?!

Thanks

-Kyle

--------- New Post Merged on 16/2/2009 at 0938 --------

Nevermind, I fixed it with a soft reset. THANK YOU SO MUCH PSYCHO!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j2kcustom For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
figured, tones