Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
broSki broSki is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
New HTC Home Customizer v1.0 Final [home screen customizer]

Well folks, here it is...the big 1-0. I've been working hard all day to finalize this version. Here is the changelog:

- New: Added realtime previews of appearances
- New: Toggle between Home tab preview and Weather icon preview by tapping the preview image
- New: Preview page changes dynamically with appearance/theme selection
- New: Backup and restore functions now saves/loads files, not just settings
- Changed: Made selection tabs slightly smaller to reclaim screen space
- Changed: Themes are stored in folders (like BETA 5 and lower) to accomodate local previews
- Changed: Moved themes to it's own tab
- Changed: Removed old and test code that was unused
- Changed: Donation page in About tab can now be hidden without restarting
- Changed: Enlarged the Launcher tab icons
- Fixed: Non-English device folder naming problem (again)
- Fixed: Deleting appearances not working
- Fixed: Launcher tab now displays all shortcut icons, not just some
- Fixed: Restore button enables properly when you select an existing backup path

If you have any previous version of HTC Home Customizer installed, you should fully remove them from your device before upgrading. You may keep the Home plugin installed if you wish, however the theme will default to Original on first load, to avoid errors. I have reformatted all appearance sets in the repo to fit the new preview system. If you have any other custom appearance sets, they may not appear properly in the appearance tab due to their dimensions. You can either resize the tab icons to 32x32 or you may submit the package for inclusion in the online repo and I will format them properly when they are uploaded. Like usual if you have any problems, please post your issues with as much detail as possible in the appropriate thread.

Unless I find some show-stopping bug, this is the final version. I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this program and project from it's inception as a script to backup icon changes to it's transformation into the options menu HTC never created. I will keep working maintaining the online repo and of course if there are any new developments with HTC Home, then work will resume. I'd like to thank all of the community members who have given their support to this project whether it be with their artwork, troubleshooting, kind words or monetary contributions.

http://rapidshare.com/files/99167456/HHCv10Final.CAB
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View bucc0303's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bucc0303's Photo Album Add bucc0303's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New HTC Home Customizer v1.0 Final

i keep getting unsuccesful instal any ideas?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bucc0303 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 AM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bucc0303 View Post

i keep getting unsuccesful instal any ideas?
Thats od I just downloaded and installed without a problem, Make sure you remove the previous version of the customizer,soft reset,and install the new one from here. If you you ultimate launcher the way dash has it in the video go to start/settings/personal/today and uncheck the ultimate launcher and check htc home then x out of everything and try installing.
If this doesnt work just wait for one of the staff from here they are much better at trouble shooting then I am lol
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2008, 03:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by brol1k View Post

Thats od I just downloaded and installed without a problem, Make sure you remove the previous version of the customizer,soft reset,and install the new one from here. If you you ultimate launcher the way dash has it in the video go to start/settings/personal/today and uncheck the ultimate launcher and check htc home then x out of everything and try installing.
If this doesnt work just wait for one of the staff from here they are much better at trouble shooting then I am lol
ok the reason for that is becasue its attached we arer having attachment problems wuith zip and cabs only.... could you please post to rapidshare and add a link to the first post? Thanks bro for the help.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:36 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ok the reason for that is becasue its attached we arer having attachment problems wuith zip and cabs only.... could you please post to rapidshare and add a link to the first post? Thanks bro for the help.
l first time putting up a link dash lol, be ez on me...OK here is the link
Here:
Old 03-13-2008, 04:43 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

l first time putting up a link dash lol, be ez on me...OK here is the link
Here:
lol i was being easy i am grateful people are helping out too and adding the link to the first post. thanks again
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 PM

lol i was being easy i am grateful people are helping out too and adding the link to the first post. thanks again
thanks for editing my post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 AM

thanks for editing my post
no problem bro
Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Mobile Model: Htc touch Vogue(Bell)

View Balkar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Balkar's Photo Album Add Balkar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Was wondering if anyone encountered this problem with the weather custom thing. I run HHC and i go to weather tab, hit custom instead of default and then select my city(because its not in default). Problem occurs here When i try to get the weater on my weather tab on the homepage, it just says data impossible to load(sorry for rude translation my touch is in french :P

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View VALKYREMISSILE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VALKYREMISSILE's Photo Album Add VALKYREMISSILE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey im getting this problem where i installed it but i can make the contacts tab work any ideas?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 AM

“ Originally Posted by Balkar View Post

Was wondering if anyone encountered this problem with the weather custom thing. I run HHC and i go to weather tab, hit custom instead of default and then select my city(because its not in default). Problem occurs here When i try to get the weater on my weather tab on the homepage, it just says data impossible to load(sorry for rude translation my touch is in french :P

Thanks
I never heard of this, but tryin re installing the home plugin again.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This thing kept crashing my phone. I loaded this think up around the same week I loaded the rev A and Ultimate launch.

I went to download all the icons and it failed. So i was like ok. but the problem is that it also kept crashing the typical icon option that it starts off with. ... I've wiped my phone clean everythings great. I'm going to try this again now.

Have you all trying download all the Icons from this customizer?

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post

This thing kept crashing my phone. I loaded this think up around the same week I loaded the rev A and Ultimate launch.

I went to download all the icons and it failed. So i was like ok. but the problem is that it also kept crashing the typical icon option that it starts off with. ... I've wiped my phone clean everythings great. I'm going to try this again now.

Have you all trying download all the Icons from this customizer?
im using it and i have no trouble with it......did u un check the ultimate launcher and check back htc home in the today screen options?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:29 PM

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah i just read all of that, that's what I'm doing this time....I'll let you know what happen.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 PM

Yeah i just read all of that, that's what I'm doing this time....I'll let you know what happen.
ight lemme kno whats good then bro
Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 AM

Same thing happen. I go to download and it crashes my phone when i click save. its checks my homeplug in being that I'm trying not to have that check for the ultimate launcher. So now i can't change the icons at all and keep getting an error.? I pretty computer literate and the other home customizer didn't give me this.

So i wonder it could be a couple of things

1 . the new rom

2. this customizer

3. Ultimate launcher interfer's with it.

any solutions'

Old 04-12-2008, 12:21 AM

Same thing happen. I go to download and it crashes my phone when i click save. its checks my homeplug in being that I'm trying not to have that check for the ultimate launcher. So now i can't change the icons at all and keep getting an error.? I pretty computer literate and the other home customizer didn't give me this.

So i wonder it could be a couple of things

1 . the new rom

2. this customizer

3. Ultimate launcher interfer's with it.

any solutions'
hmmm...in the start/settings/personal/today/items you dont have the ultimate launcher checked rite? If you do, then uncheck it and check HTC home. If its not check maybe you have an app that is not compatible. I never heard this happen to it i have ultimate launcher also hmmm....Jus out of curiosity what apps do you have please b/c in another thread some kid had problems with this app aswell but not the same.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM

ok...i got it to work its the ultimate launcher.

i installed it with no ultimate launcher check. so i thought after i did that i can set everything up (including ultimate launcher). then use the app.

I guess i have to turn off ultimate launcher everytime i want to switch icon's
thanks for the help.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 AM

yup np bro glad dat i helped out bro,just make sure before u wanna change icons r clocks r backgrounds on da htc home,jus go into the today settings like i posted and un check the ultimate launcher and check back htc home and u will be golden
Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Mobile Model: T-MOBILE WING

View dixiedevil's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dixiedevil's Photo Album Add dixiedevil's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

*edit*
figured my problem out
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul AKA 6800 A
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View yoyofreek13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View yoyofreek13's Photo Album Add yoyofreek13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New HTC Home Customizer v1.0 Final out now march 9,2008

i love you...

but seriously, its awesome.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Mobile Model: at&t tilt

View obarme's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View obarme's Photo Album Add obarme's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

okay so i really really like this app. one problem. i want to set it to where it opens audio manager rather than media player. but when i do that it says, "the file 'audio manager' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its componets cannot be found." i really like audio manager rather than media player. please help!!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by obarme View Post

okay so i really really like this app. one problem. i want to set it to where it opens audio manager rather than media player. but when i do that it says, "the file 'audio manager' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its componets cannot be found." i really like audio manager rather than media player. please help!!

So you set it for audio manager in the settings, ad audio manager works by itself without launchinf from htc home? That sounds odd. Did you soft reset after your change?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by obarme View Post

DO a search, has been discussed to death 1000 times.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
i'LL ReP SPJ 4 dAyZ...!!!
Mobile Model: HTC TouCh PrO..!!

View JDMSOHC's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View JDMSOHC's Photo Album Add JDMSOHC's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok so im runnin HTC Home in UL, but when I soft reset it loads up HTC Home and than UL with HTC home right under it and i have to manually go and and uncheck HTC home from the today tab everytime.. how do i get around this..??

Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by JDMSOHC View Post

ok so im runnin HTC Home in UL, but when I soft reset it loads up HTC Home and than UL with HTC home right under it and i have to manually go and and uncheck HTC home from the today tab everytime.. how do i get around this..??
You just do not have the correct boxes checked in the UL settings, hold on im trying to remeber how to fix this since i had this problem as well

try this, go to your UL settings, go to the invisible tab and press change. make sure it says HTC HOME...then click on the 'tab', tab....and put open tab on startup..if this doesnt work tell me and i will look again
Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 PM

View JDMSOHC's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View JDMSOHC's Photo Album Add JDMSOHC's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nope didnt fix it... i also erased the Personlizer 3.1 addon that let u change service provider to whatever u want, an upon soft reset my phone says "The file 'wmwe_cprog' cannot be opened, ect".... And my phone doesnt work... Unless i hit the phone button on my LG prada plugin, than the phone turns on... WTF..!!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 PM

“ Originally Posted by JDMSOHC View Post

nope didnt fix it... i also erased the Personlizer 3.1 addon that let u change service provider to whatever u want, an upon soft reset my phone says "The file 'wmwe_cprog' cannot be opened, ect".... And my phone doesnt work... Unless i hit the phone button on my LG prada plugin, than the phone turns on... WTF..!!
than yo uahve the settings incorrect and the service name change wont cause the error so i dont know why you changed that. but if UL is gonna be discussed be sure to keep it in the UL thread.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 PM

* i didnt change any of the settings until i just tried leedenaults idea "thanks but no luck"..
* what do u mean u dunno why i changed the service name, opmon is the same thing and u use that..
* im not gonna goto the UL thread with it, ill just figure it out myself, dont wanna get repremanded for double posting..

Old 05-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Kingdombuilder's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kingdombuilder's Photo Album Add Kingdombuilder's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm have a bit of trouble getting all 6 tabs to display i got as many as 5 to show up. I tried moving the order and now i only get 4 to show up, can you help?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View Kingdombuilder's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kingdombuilder's Photo Album Add Kingdombuilder's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I can't get the contacts or the music tab to show up on the home screen

Old 05-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had this happen too it's because i don't think the stock HTC Touch home screen is supposed to have more than 5 but if you get the home plugin from the site then that version has a 6 tab fix
Old 05-10-2008, 01:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by Kingdombuilder View Post

I can't get the contacts or the music tab to show up on the home screen
yup as ray said above, but next time search for htc home plugin or weather fix, here you go:
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...ht=weather+fix
Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM

kingdom i already gave you a warning your breaking the rules with the signature if you dont remove by tomorrow since i already warned you i will ip ban you for breaking the spamming rules.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View xx_jackass_xx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xx_jackass_xx's Photo Album Add xx_jackass_xx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i am saying this even though i fear being flamed but here goes. for some reason i have used this program and i put in my zip and it got the weather info but its not the right info if i go online though the program it shows thunder storms for my area but on the home plugin it just shows cloudy??!?!? any ideas or a fix that has been discussed or that anyone knows of? thanks in advance

Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM

“ Originally Posted by xx_jackass_xx View Post

i am saying this even though i fear being flamed but here goes. for some reason i have used this program and i put in my zip and it got the weather info but its not the right info if i go online though the program it shows thunder storms for my area but on the home plugin it just shows cloudy??!?!? any ideas or a fix that has been discussed or that anyone knows of? thanks in advance
arch for weather fix and you will find.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 PM

yea I posted the link a few posts above this one lol.....jesus people
Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 PM

View Chicanob12's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Chicanob12's Photo Album Add Chicanob12's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Am i suppose to download this directly into my phone? Do i need anyother software for this to work? I just got my mogul and want to put this on. Don't flame me please lol.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:30 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Chicanob12 View Post

Am i suppose to download this directly into my phone? Do i need anyother software for this to work? I just got my mogul and want to put this on. Don't flame me please lol.
We arent flaming when we say PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING AS THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE! .... You need to uninstall the HTC Customizer and soft reset. The so a search for HTC Home plugin. install that to device ... soft reset .. then install this customizer! please look to my sig BELOW for more help on searching and help desk. !

Old 06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Mobile Model: HTC PPC6800
Mobile Carrier: US CellULar

View n0gateway1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n0gateway1's Photo Album Add n0gateway1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry if this has been discussed but I've been searching for a while and cannot find it anywhere. I have followed the instructions for installation of the customizer and it loads fine. The problem I'm having is that I can't change icons. When i try to choose one of the icons that came with the customizer and after i hit save i get an error message that says " An error occured copying your selected clock. The program will now continue." It does this for all icons not just the clock.
Thanks for any help

Forgot to mention that I have HTC home plugin 2.1 with the weather fix
Old 06-14-2008, 05:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by n0gateway1 View Post

Sorry if this has been discussed but I've been searching for a while and cannot find it anywhere. I have followed the instructions for installation of the customizer and it loads fine. The problem I'm having is that I can't change icons. When i try to choose one of the icons that came with the customizer and after i hit save i get an error message that says " An error occured copying your selected clock. The program will now continue." It does this for all icons not just the clock.
Thanks for any help

Forgot to mention that I have HTC home plugin 2.1 with the weather fix
thts odd, make sure you installed it to device, and if u did, try removing it, soft reset, then re installing, and soft reset. If that doesnt work then im not sure what your problem could be.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 PM

View n0gateway1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n0gateway1's Photo Album Add n0gateway1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

thts odd, make sure you installed it to device, and if u did, try removing it, soft reset, then re installing, and soft reset. If that doesnt work then im not sure what your problem could be.
I've tried that.. still getting the same error no clue to whats causing it
Old 06-14-2008, 10:35 PM

I've tried that.. still getting the same error no clue to whats causing it
your not running ultimate launch are you?
Old 06-15-2008, 06:25 AM

your not running ultimate launch are you?
Yeah I am and i think thats part of the problem. I Got it to work now but I have to go the long way around it. I have to go to my today settings and enable HTC Home, then do a soft reset... then i can change it however i like, go back and disable HTC Home and its just fine.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Yeah I am and i think thats part of the problem. I Got it to work now but I have to go the long way around it. I have to go to my today settings and enable HTC Home, then do a soft reset... then i can change it however i like, go back and disable HTC Home and its just fine.
damn, how about go into today settings and disable ultimate launch, and enabling htc home....that should do it
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

damn, how about go into today settings and disable ultimate launch, and enabling htc home....that should do it
OK thanks for your help.. i got that problem solved now im wondering is there a way to get the background completly transparent.. I'd like to use some themes i have but the only choice i see thats close is semi transparent. thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OK thanks for your help.. i got that problem solved now im wondering is there a way to get the background completly transparent.. I'd like to use some themes i have but the only choice i see thats close is semi transparent. thanks
Yes. Go to th downloads page within HHC, and doenload background. At the very bottom, there is one called transparent. DL that one and rock and roll.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View WebbD30's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View WebbD30's Photo Album Add WebbD30's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im have a problem where i installed the HTC and it said something aboutcanot detect home plugin defaulting to 1.5 settings what dose this mean and then i get an unexpected error occured in homecust.exe plz help
Old 08-21-2008, 05:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by WebbD30 View Post

im have a problem where i installed the HTC and it said something aboutcanot detect home plugin defaulting to 1.5 settings what dose this mean and then i get an unexpected error occured in homecust.exe plz help
what phone are you using this on and what rom?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Mobile Model: Samsung I300 -> Samsung I330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Mogul

View Damdifino's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Damdifino's Photo Album Add Damdifino's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by WebbD30 View Post

That's not a big deal. If you installed HHC without installing HTC Home it will show that message. Then it will download a copy of Home if you have an internet connection on your PPC. That's how I do it whenever I upgrade my rom.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
customizer, final, home, htc, screen, v10