Phone randomly going to airplane mode

PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-17-2008, 04:05 PM
syncmastr syncmastr is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogel

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View syncmastr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View syncmastr's Photo Album Add syncmastr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Phone randomly going to airplane mode

Today for the 2nd time my phone just randomly went into airplane mode (no data or calls). The first time I was in the middle of using the phone and it turned on and a sound wave played. It did it in the middle of the night last night without me knowing. I woke up today and got a call on my house phone saying my cell wasn't working. I'm kind of confused and lost, any tips?

running moble 6 with upgraded sprint rom.
Other programs running all the time are HTC home, quick menu, S2U2 ,and pocketcm.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:09 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Phone randomly going to airplane mode

“ Originally Posted by syncmastr View Post

Today for the 2nd time my phone just randomly went into airplane mode (no data or calls). The first time I was in the middle of using the phone and it turned on and a sound wave played. It did it in the middle of the night last night without me knowing. I woke up today and got a call on my house phone saying my cell wasn't working. I'm kind of confused and lost, any tips?

running moble 6 with upgraded sprint rom.
Other programs running all the time are HTC home, quick menu, S2U2 ,and pocketcm.
WOW... i dunno... never heard of that happening randomly.. unless the phone is in the pocket.. I know that occasionally it may ask you ... Are you sure you wanna power off the device or go into flightmode? Then you have the option of selecting yes or no.. If you dont selcect a option, it has a tendency to turn off. It shouldnt turn off in the middle of using it unless you clicked something. I would try a hard reset in your case!

Old 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

WOW... i dunno... never heard of that happening randomly.. unless the phone is in the pocket.. I know that occasionally it may ask you ... Are you sure you wanna power off the device or go into flightmode? Then you have the option of selecting yes or no.. If you dont selcect a option, it has a tendency to turn off. It shouldnt turn off in the middle of using it unless you clicked something. I would try a hard reset in your case!
i have to agree with jew and if after a hard reset it is still doing it bring it into sprint and tell them whats going on..... they will give you a new one for sure.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:20 PM
syncmastr syncmastr is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogel

View syncmastr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View syncmastr's Photo Album Add syncmastr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Its only been twice so if it happens again I will try one or both of those. I just don't like doing the hard reset because I couldn't back up everything right the last time, and installing all those programs and games takes hours.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL

View gizmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gizmatic's Photo Album Add gizmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've had that happen a few times also, I think it's an accidental button push when going into the holster....it also happens when the battery runs real low.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

YEah this happens to me also... but i found it more towards when my battery is real low.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
airplane, mode, phone, randomly