Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM
crazaytalent crazaytalent is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Android Port for Touch/Vogue

So Im dying to know If anyone here has gotten the new (well maybe not so new... but current) andriod port for the Touch/Vogue? I mean seriously I've been dying to try it, but since I'm still somewhat of a noob, I left it alone until I started figuring out all this ppc stuff. I recently downloaded the latest version (it's been updated since google official release) 1.0 sdk (or something like that) and from what I hear it's basically fully functional.

Unfortunatlly when I tried to run it, it continusly froze during the boot load from Haret. I dont know if it's my Vogue, or if there still some bugs or if I installed it wrong (though I doubt that because cab files are pretty much idiot proof), but either way it wont work for me, But from most of what I've heard (and read online) It's running for most people and from the vid's I've seen it looks really good. I gotta Say Dzo(martin) the guy over at xda seem to have really broke a sweat and put in some work to get it up and running as soon as he did. The have the software/cab over at "myhtchome" or something like that.

Anywayz If anyone got it ported on their Touch, how'd you 'get er dooone'... do anything special, and how's it running. I'm thinking I may have to wait a couple of months till all the kinks are really worked out.

And this might be a dumb question but whats the difference b/w linux and Android, I'm a lil confused, is Linux the Os and Android just a shell on top of that? Or is linux like what dos is to windows? I dunno... either way i looks kinda cool...cant wait to play!

Gotta have the toys for big boys!!
The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Android Port for Touch/Vogue

yup, i actually tried it today...I hope u downloaded the newest version that came out, but anyway, all u do is transfer all the files to the root of yuor SD card, meaning /storage card...once thats done hit the haret exe file and click run, then just let it sit for a while about a min or so and your done, remember switch all the files including the default.txt. The app is fully running and can be ran as your UI, but im not a fan of it just b/c i love windows lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 AM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Nice, thanks broski... and i feel you on lovin windows, Im a fan myself... Android just seems like a fun lil add on to tinker with, which is why i like the idea (unlike most ) of booting it from haret, instead of jumpin stright into it. It just would be fun to tinker and experiment with see for myself what all the hypes about and still keep my wm (which i personally think gets a bad rap; but thats another thread) 6.1 os... See ladies I can have my cake and eat it too... I mean what else am I supposed to do with cake(sorry, tangent...lol)

But what do you mean the root of the sd card; is that like in the 1st directory of the card (no folders)? and if so when i download last i think my ppc created it's own folder for it on the sd card, should i be taking the individual files out to place them on the root seperatly?

Sorry bout the rambling... kinda tired
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 AM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Nice, thanks broski... and i feel you on lovin windows, Im a fan myself... Android just seems like a fun lil add on to tinker with, which is why i like the idea (unlike most ) of booting it from haret, instead of jumpin stright into it. It just would be fun to tinker and experiment with see for myself what all the hypes about and still keep my wm (which i personally think gets a bad rap; but thats another thread) 6.1 os... See ladies I can have my cake and eat it too... I mean what else am I supposed to do with cake(sorry, tangent...lol)

But what do you mean the root of the sd card; is that like in the 1st directory of the card (no folders)? and if so when i download last i think my ppc created it's own folder for it on the sd card, should i be taking the individual files out to place them on the root seperatly?

Sorry bout the rambling... kinda tired
lol yea i kept it on my phone to just in case one of my boys come and shows off with his G1 and shows off lol, but yea just drop them in the 1st directory of your card, like when you press to open storage..drop it there, and dont worry about the folders ur pc created they wont bother r matter lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks broski... i hear you on the friends who want to show it off on their G1, i kind of want to be able to shut them up to...lol. Still they're no where near as bad as the iphone fanatics in nyc. lol.

I tried it again tho... still no go, I may have to tether to my pc and download the exe files and try transfering through active sync when i get off work tonite. If it doesnt work then... Ima call it a day, and wait a couple months.

Since you got it going, do you think it's a good Os? or is it all just fluff and hype?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Thanks broski... i hear you on the friends who want to show it off on their G1, i kind of want to be able to shut them up to...lol. Still they're no where near as bad as the iphone fanatics in nyc. lol.

I tried it again tho... still no go, I may have to tether to my pc and download the exe files and try transfering through active sync when i get off work tonite. If it doesnt work then... Ima call it a day, and wait a couple months.

Since you got it going, do you think it's a good Os? or is it all just fluff and hype?
lol yea the android is pretty neat actually and not bad, im not a fan of it but its def a start for it or maybe its as best as it can get lol....the UI works so it can be ran as your stock UI and IMO I think it is fluff and hype but then again its MO....hmmm here try this link and scroll down and click on the link that says latest version and transfer it to your storage card and go on your phone and then open the zip and select all including the default.txt(some ppl leave out the default.txt folder but you shouldnt in this one) and let me know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 PM

oh kool, thanks... but, umm... what link?

hey broski... you from the Bronx! Aight... Bx in the house baby...lol!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM

oh kool, thanks... but, umm... what link?

hey broski... you from the Bronx! Aight... Bx in the house baby...lol!
yea sorry about that, here it is bro:

and yes im from the bx lol, where u at around here?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

yea sorry about that, here it is bro:

and yes im from the bx lol, where u at around here?
Nice... thanks... Ima check this as soon as I get home.

Yeah Im out on fordham, on the west side a lil past jerome... Not to far from all the sprints stores at that...lol!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 AM

hey broski, what did you mean by "switch all the files inclding the the default text" switch them to what... or did you mean just transfer their location.
and should i be editing the default text in some way?
thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 AM

Nice... thanks... Ima check this as soon as I get home.

Yeah Im out on fordham, on the west side a lil past jerome... Not to far from all the sprints stores at that...lol!
Yea I know where your from , im by moshulu parkway and grand concourse by 206 and not to far from you, I havent been to fordham in a hot minute...

hey broski, what did you mean by "switch all the files inclding the the default text" switch them to what... or did you mean just transfer their location.
and should i be editing the default text in some way?
thanks!
I ment transfering not switching lol, and I ment select all the files in the zip and transfer it to /storage card.....no you should not be editing the default.txt in anyway just leave it as it is and just transfer it again to /storage card lol
Old 11-04-2008, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the info broski... big help I finally got ti to work, i had to forget the cab and just install it manually... but now it running smoothly... turns out the cab I had been downloading was missing a file... not sure which one... but now I know... if anyone else is interested in trying it out Id suggest downloading the files manually as the cab seem to be missing a vital file... he's already posted the link to it in a previous post!

Hey I know that area... I used to live over there In Tracy Towers...lol
freakin small world... nice to know i aint the only ppc addict in the bronx!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info broski... big help I finally got ti to work, i had to forget the cab and just install it manually... but now it running smoothly... turns out the cab I had been downloading was missing a file... not sure which one... but now I know... if anyone else is interested in trying it out Id suggest downloading the files manually as the cab seem to be missing a vital file... he's already posted the link to it in a previous post!

Hey I know that area... I used to live over there In Tracy Towers...lol
freakin small world... nice to know i aint the only ppc addict in the bronx!
yea forgot to tell u the cab doesnt work...but im glad u got it to work bro, and yes it is a small world
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Mobile Model: Touch

View saxmanrp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View saxmanrp's Photo Album Add saxmanrp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This is great... I'm like you guys I just want it to show off that I got...

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2008 at 0657 --------

Wooooo did you guys know if you press the camera but on the phone it opens up a full screen keyboard...

Freakin awesome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saxmanrp For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

enjoy bro lol....
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 AM

“ Originally Posted by saxmanrp View Post

This is great... I'm like you guys I just want it to show off that I got...

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2008 at 0657 --------

Wooooo did you guys know if you press the camera but on the phone it opens up a full screen keyboard...

Freakin awesome
Lol.. yeah bro... its pretty nice, still i find it a lil unstable.. like it freezes up when I try to do to many actions on it at once... still a lot of promise and nice to show off.... I'm waiting for the next(and hopefully more stable versions... I plan to keep up with it, mainly cuz i wanna start messing around with some of those new apps being developed in the android market...

Glad you like it... enjoy,,, and feel free to keep us posted on any new developments you come across!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Mobile Model: Touch

View saxmanrp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View saxmanrp's Photo Album Add saxmanrp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Lol.. yeah bro... its pretty nice, still i find it a lil unstable.. like it freezes up when I try to do to many actions on it at once... still a lot of promise and nice to show off.... I'm waiting for the next(and hopefully more stable versions... I plan to keep up with it, mainly cuz i wanna start messing around with some of those new apps being developed in the android market...

Glad you like it... enjoy,,, and feel free to keep us posted on any new developments you come across!
I will. also it's weird cuz I was watching a vid on youtube where the guy was using the map app and he was able to get the street view but I can't get it on mine and we are using the same phone. I'm wondering if there are other versions out there. I left him a message on his youtube page but no return.. I must say though the features are nice like if there is an address on a website all you do is tap it and it automatically opens the map. and others so I hope this is OS is really pushed..
The Following User Says Thank You to saxmanrp For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will, be, as development and advancements are made to the android app, they will continue to be ported over... as far as street veiw, I know thats a regular funtion on both google navigator and the latest version of google maps... I use it all the time, without even accessing my Android, so it should work well... check out the android market, they may already have the latest update for google maps there... I havent tried to download from android market yet so let me know how it goes, if you do...thanks!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

can sumbody walk me thru installing this onto my touch ? plz i really want this on my phone but not good at this stuff?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

can sumbody walk me thru installing this onto my touch ? plz i really want this on my phone but not good at this stuff?
Here is a thread with all steps and the download for Android for the Touch

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/linux-and-android-t184480.html?t=184480&highlight=android

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it says i need an updated radiohow do i upgrade my radio version? i have 3.42.30
The Following User Says Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it says i need an updated radiohow do i upgrade my radio version? i have 3.42.30
you should be fine on that radio... have you tried again after soft reset?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 PM

i dunno if i did something wrong or whut but i loaded android ran program but its run code then never left the screen with the penguine on it how long is that screen take to load btw?
The Following User Says Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 PM

i dunno if i did something wrong or whut but i loaded android ran program but its run code then never left the screen with the penguine on it how long is that screen take to load btw?
upon frist boot, it does take a while to boot, but if ur still waiting after like half hr or something, safe bet is something is wrong, id suggest redownloading and reinstalling after a soft reset... make sure it is saved on and ran from the root of your SD card... and I suggest installing it manually instewad of the cab... i dont know if the issue of the nonfunctioning cab was ever resolved...

hope this helps!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 PM

it says failed to extract system image but i havnet waited a half an hour yet
how wouldi manually do this install help needed thxin advance
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 PM

it says failed to extract system image but i havnet waited a half an hour yet
how wouldi manually do this install help needed thxin advance
go to this site:
http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/

take your time

read (even reread if you have too) instuctions thuroughly and click the download link for 1.5

install as per instruction provided there...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2009, 12:33 PM

ok im about to try thhis again got the 1.5 but it says in info to edit text but the link to show new text to add it doesnt have a sprint login only atat n others maybe im not seeing sumthing ?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 PM

dont work deleted im over it ill wait for the hero lol
Old 07-21-2009, 11:41 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ill have reupped here in about 20 minutes for you..... uploading to rapidshare right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 PM

here you go i got all the settings ready for install on the vogue... just drag to your storage card and than run the exe file and boot her up

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/258586032/voguedroid.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM

i dont understand whut im doing wrong it always says failed to mount data and just sits there never finishing
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 PM

i dont understand whut im doing wrong it always says failed to mount data and just sits there never finishing
what provider are you through on yours sicne tat zip is set up for sprint... you may have to change the view method from 3 to 2 or 1 to get it to work correctly.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 AM

i have sprint i dunno how to change view its not worth it anyway i just broke the lcd on my touch
Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 AM

i have sprint i dunno how to change view its not worth it anyway i just broke the lcd on my touch
if you read through this post i have all the stuff that you will need include the view being changed to 3 so it will work..... just have to read through the thread... easiest way to change it is to open notepad on your pc and than scroll to the bottom and change the 1 to a 3 and make sure it doesnt make it start a new line and that it looks like before the edit... than save and put on your caed as specified.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, android port, linux, port, touch, touch or vogue, vogue