Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
jdpiii3 jdpiii3 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Alltel htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jdpiii3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdpiii3's Photo Album Add jdpiii3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] PPC 6800 headphones help

Hey Dash Headphones were working fine on my phone with the 3.5 - usb adapter but after latest flash they stopped working.

The usb headphone that came with the phone still work, but are crap.
the adapter for the headphones work in my wifes phone so the adapter isn't bad.

they worked with alltel original rom, & Kaos take 3

now with take 5 and alltel new rom they dont.
what could be missing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdpiii3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PPC 6800 headphones help

“ Originally Posted by jdpiii3 View Post

Hey Dash Headphones were working fine on my phone with the 3.5 - usb adapter but after latest flash they stopped working.

The usb headphone that came with the phone still work, but are crap.
the adapter for the headphones work in my wifes phone so the adapter isn't bad.

they worked with alltel original rom, & Kaos take 3

now with take 5 and alltel new rom they dont.
what could be missing.
huh, did you hard reset and take the battery out ofr a minute after the flash? i know so weird things can happen if you dont hard reset after flashes on all devices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM

View jdpiii3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdpiii3's Photo Album Add jdpiii3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

huh, did you hard reset and take the battery out ofr a minute after the flash? i know so weird things can happen if you dont hard reset after flashes on all devices.
Yea did all of that, guess I need to make a trip to the Alltel store for repair. Hope I can just get a new phone

Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Dash check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376623
I found this on XDA
As promised, "FIXED THE AUDIO ADAPTER PROBLEM"
Greetings all,
Well here it is as promised, the fix for the dreaded audio adapter not working after upgradeio flash was of ROM. First of all, I upgraded my ROM and radio to DCD's newest 3.0.0 and radio, which fixed my SelectRadio issue where it dropped out, and looked at the RNC and discovered that it was as I suspected a timer value in the radio ROM was tweaked wrong causing the BER to run away and make the PPP session reinitialize very quickly or go dormant all together, but new radio fixed it. Still we had the audio adapter broken after upgrade issue, so here it is and how to fix it:

First, there is no 'electronics that you have to have' in the adapter as advertised. The problem was that a pin is wired differently in the ones that exibit the problem. The fix is as simple as clipping a wire ! Yep, thats right. Ok, with the connector of the adapter pointed at you, the curved part down, you will notice there are 6 pins on the lower edge. Numbered 1 thru 6 from left to right, pin 1 is unused, 2 is the tip of the 3.5mm jack, 3is unused, 4 & 5 are audio ground (sleve), 6 is the ring on the connector. On the stock adapter and the pigtail sound only adapters that do work properly this is how it is. The ones that mess up are a little different in that pin 1 is shorted to 4 & 5 which did not make a difference before, but really seems to upset any ROM based on 6.1. All you have to do is GENTLY cut the adapter and clip the wire going to pin 1 and all is good, no loss of any functio, it even still powers/charges as this is done by pins 1 & 5 on the top row. A tiny odity is that on some adapters the tip and ring are reversed resulting in left and right channels being reversed, but you can fix or ignore that at your leisure. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Maybe a mod would make this easy to find or sticky it ??? I bet many people are wrestling with this easy to fix issue, I know it bugged the stew out of me til I just sat down and figured it out. Thanks for looking at my rant and being patient as I took a long time to follow thru with my promise.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdpiii3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 11:52 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey thanks for the update and mark this is as solved... at let dash decide if he wants to sticky this.. thanks for replying with a fix to share with us.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jdpiii3 View Post

Dash check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=376623
I found this on XDA
As promised, "FIXED THE AUDIO ADAPTER PROBLEM"
Greetings all,
Well here it is as promised, the fix for the dreaded audio adapter not working after upgradeio flash was of ROM. First of all, I upgraded my ROM and radio to DCD's newest 3.0.0 and radio, which fixed my SelectRadio issue where it dropped out, and looked at the RNC and discovered that it was as I suspected a timer value in the radio ROM was tweaked wrong causing the BER to run away and make the PPP session reinitialize very quickly or go dormant all together, but new radio fixed it. Still we had the audio adapter broken after upgrade issue, so here it is and how to fix it:

First, there is no 'electronics that you have to have' in the adapter as advertised. The problem was that a pin is wired differently in the ones that exibit the problem. The fix is as simple as clipping a wire ! Yep, thats right. Ok, with the connector of the adapter pointed at you, the curved part down, you will notice there are 6 pins on the lower edge. Numbered 1 thru 6 from left to right, pin 1 is unused, 2 is the tip of the 3.5mm jack, 3is unused, 4 & 5 are audio ground (sleve), 6 is the ring on the connector. On the stock adapter and the pigtail sound only adapters that do work properly this is how it is. The ones that mess up are a little different in that pin 1 is shorted to 4 & 5 which did not make a difference before, but really seems to upset any ROM based on 6.1. All you have to do is GENTLY cut the adapter and clip the wire going to pin 1 and all is good, no loss of any functio, it even still powers/charges as this is done by pins 1 & 5 on the top row. A tiny odity is that on some adapters the tip and ring are reversed resulting in left and right channels being reversed, but you can fix or ignore that at your leisure. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Maybe a mod would make this easy to find or sticky it ??? I bet many people are wrestling with this easy to fix issue, I know it bugged the stew out of me til I just sat down and figured it out. Thanks for looking at my rant and being patient as I took a long time to follow thru with my promise.
glad that you got this all figured out and on the sticky i will have to check out the congestion and maby do some sprint cleaning so we dont get too packed with all the stickies.... glad this is solved for you though!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
6800, headphones, issue, ppc, solved