Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Sh0wNuF Sh0wNuF is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Poor Mans Touch Pro Cradle

Found this over at xda and had to share. This is funny as hell, pretty functional but it might cause some problems with your usb connection down the line.

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473140
I'm still laughing at myself...check it out...a large binder clip makes a great display stand with charging functionality. Just pull off the squeezing clips after you clamp down on the USB plug. It's actually pretty stable too. I'm sure you could even velcro it to your desk for more stability

Attached Thumbnails
ATT00001.jpg   ATT00002.jpg  

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Poor Mans Touch Pro Cradle

hahahah very nice little thinking there...... im going to try to make my touch pro tilt like the tilt..... got the hinges just need the nerve to void the warranty :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Mobile Model: palm pre
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: WebOS

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that would be sick...if you do it be sure to take pics or video

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahah very nice little thinking there...... im going to try to make my touch pro tilt like the tilt..... got the hinges just need the nerve to void the warranty :>
Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by cookz123z View Post

oh for sure..... might have to o it on my backup since that has bad numbers already..... i will post em up when i get the time to do it sicne i dont want to lose any screws or get pissed and throw it or even run out of time to work on it if i dont give myself enough clearence.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow that's pretty ballsy....you definitely gotta post your results...my girlfriend has the tilt and i love the tilt function....what hinges did you get? I wanna try and do it on my old mogul before i try it on my pro

Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Mobile Model: palm pre
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: WebOS

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wait dont mess up that mogul..lol..i will buy it off of you

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

wow that's pretty ballsy....you definitely gotta post your results...my girlfriend has the tilt and i love the tilt function....what hinges did you get? I wanna try and do it on my old mogul before i try it on my pro
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 PM

i used the tilts hinges :> you can find anything on ebay
Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM

aight, i'm gonna have to look into that, or try and convince my girl to get a new phone and let me rip her tilt apart

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 09:34 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I tried this ghetto junk and the usb kept falling out when i put the phone in there lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 PM

hey d/\sh did you ever "void" your warranty and try and install those hinges?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Lmao... funny post Shownuff, I needed that good laugh, Im glad you bumped this post! Kinna funny how a good hearty laugh can get you out of your funk...thanks guys, great thread...

Now thatll be crazy... keep us posted on that

“ Originally Posted by cookz123z View Post

SHoot if he makes it work, I'd luv to see a tutorial posted to do it myself... who needs a tp2, only that itd have over my pro would then be a larger screen which I dont need anywayz

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

I tried this ghetto junk and the usb kept falling out when i put the phone in there lol
LOL... "ghetto Junk"...lol...classic...

I think ima try this at my day job...put those office supplies to good use, since i keeps a charger/usb chord there anywayz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Lmao... funny post Shownuff, I needed that good laugh, Im glad you bumped this post! Kinna funny how a good hearty laugh can get you out of your funk...thanks guys, great thread...

SHoot if he makes it work, I'd luv to see a tutorial posted to do it myself... who needs a tp2, only that itd have over my pro would then be a larger screen which I dont need anywayz

I think ima try this at my day job...put those office supplies to good use, since i keeps a charger/usb chord there anywayz
haha yeah I laughed my ass off when I saw this...

I'm definitely hopin dash was able to pull off puttin the hinges on we could basically have the new tp2 minus the larger screen without droppin the money for a new device

Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

haha yeah I laughed my ass off when I saw this...

I'm definitely hopin dash was able to pull off puttin the hinges on we could basically have the new tp2 minus the larger screen without droppin the money for a new device
the hinges are a little too long for the pro so i have to think of a way that i can trim them up neatly as well as take some thickness off from them since they are a little to thick.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM

the hinges are a little too long for the pro so i have to think of a way that i can trim them up neatly as well as take some thickness off from them since they are a little to thick.
yeah i was thinkin that same thing after I looked at my girls tilt and realized that there wasn't enough room between the pro's keyboard and the edge of the phone for the hinges to fit properly...damn I gotta try and convince my girl to let me break her phone so I can steal them

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cradle, mans, poor, pro, touch