Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Windows Mobile out sold the iPhone in Q4 2008

Here’s a bit of news that may come as a suprise to most of the iPhone obsessed world. According to Steve Ballmer, in the recent earnings conference call, more than 5 million Windows Mobile units were sold in Q4 2008. This is significantly more than the 4.4 million iPhones sold that the other Steve announced in Apple’s own earnings release.
The news is is stark contrast to most reports on Windows Mobile and the iPhone, who say the Cuppertino device has already surpased sales of our favourite mobile OS.
Of note is that the iPhone is possibly at the height of its popularity. The device is widely available world-wide, and subsidized more cheaply than most Windows Mobile devices in most markets. iPhones are also widely bought and given over the Christmas season as gifts or special treats, while WM devices are not exactly seen in the same light.
If the iPhone did not surpase Windows Mobile sales with all the decks stacked in its favour, it is pretty valid to ask if it ever will.

Code

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2569

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows Mobile out sold the iPhone in Q4 2008

yessir and more to come, the sales of the diamond, touch pro and touch hd are out of this world bro....woooooootttttttttttttttttt
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

yessir and more to come, the sales of the diamond, touch pro and touch hd are out of this world bro....woooooootttttttttttttttttt
yep that is for sure :> wm will rule the world and no one is going to stop em !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WM FTW!!! haha

Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Iphone users haha funny. They used to have a few things over us. But now with the Pro and Diamond out Iphones are weak considering we can mimic them lmao

Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Windows Mobile phones ruleeeeeeeeeee the world..lol...but on a serious/honest note...the iPhone is one phone and windows mobile phones span across carriers, manufacturers, and many more countries, than apple will ever be able to do...because apple is a manufacturer who creates their own equipment and operating system...so you will never see them across different devices that are not built by them. Butthe fact that they are still on the coat tails of windows mobile phone having said all that...you got to give the iPhone some respect...not to mention they have not even been out for a full 2 years yet! Now I'm am the biggest windows mobile lover out there...but I someone who sees the whole picture and has to give props where props are due!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

Windows Mobile phones ruleeeeeeeeeee the world..lol...but on a serious/honest note...the iPhone is one phone and windows mobile phones span across carriers, manufacturers, and many more countries, than apple will ever be able to do...because apple is a manufacturer who creates their own equipment and operating system...so you will never see them across different devices that are not built by them. Butthe fact that they are still on the coat tails of windows mobile phone having said all that...you got to give the iPhone some respect...not to mention they have not even been out for a full 2 years yet! Now I'm am the biggest windows mobile lover out there...but I someone who sees the whole picture and has to give props where props are due!
i agree totally bro, the iphone is a kick ass phone and deserves credit, but im happy with these news for the fact that if you narrow it down, out of the US major carriers, T-Mobile WM phones suck, Verizons is crippled so not much help there, so that leaves the biggest peice of the pie is thanks to AT&T and mostly Sprint. And since the article is based on the sales of the 4th Q of 08 then its due to the boom that the Touch Diamond and the Touch Pro has made in the WM and mobile market (im willing to say that tha vast majority are diamonds and pros only). HTC has made such a leap with these phones adding all those sweet features and mostly Touchflo3D that have taken WM and the mobile smartphone game to a whole new level, a level than even the iphone users cant deny and cant gloat about popularity, sales, and, bragging rights.

The iphone is one pruduct...yes but the Diamond and Touch Pro has just proved that they dont take a backseat to the iphones popularity and now they have enough that they can keep neck and neck with the so called "Jesus Phone" (i really like the iphone though but this is my opinion)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

Oh I have to agree with you there. Heck when the Iphone came out I wanted one lol. So I am not putting it down they are really the first of there kinda in some respects some of the things they could do. By all means Apple is great and i am sure the Iphone will up it's game and only get better over time. Iceman I have seen lot of vid's on the Iphone an know what it can do too. So I just think for now we have the better class of phones till Apple release something more sick!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

i agree totally bro, the iphone is a kick ass phone and deserves credit, but im happy with these news for the fact that if you narrow it down, out of the US major carriers, T-Mobile WM phones suck, Verizons is crippled so not much help there, so that leaves the biggest peice of the pie is thanks to AT&T and mostly Sprint. And since the article is based on the sales of the 4th Q of 08 then its due to the boom that the Touch Diamond and the Touch Pro has made in the WM and mobile market (im willing to say that tha vast majority are diamonds and pros only). HTC has made such a leap with these phones adding all those sweet features and mostly Touchflo3D that have taken WM and the mobile smartphone game to a whole new level, a level than even the iphone users cant deny and cant gloat about popularity, sales, and, bragging rights.

The iphone is one pruduct...yes but the Diamond and Touch Pro has just proved that they dont take a backseat to the iphones popularity and now they have enough that they can keep neck and neck with the so called "Jesus Phone" (i really like the iphone though but this is my opinion)

lol...lets not forget that wm phones are not just sold in America, and the companies you named are mainly U.S. cell companies except for T-Mobile which is based in Europe...lol...but wm phones still rule in alot of ways...but for multimedia...I will have have to give it to the iphone for game and movie watching experience...

Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Mobile Model: touch diamond
Mobile Carrier: t-mobile
Mobile OS: 6.1

View andyboro's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View andyboro's Photo Album Add andyboro's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

All I have to add is that my best friend has an I-Phone and would swap it for my touch diamond in a heartbeat..

nuff said lol
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by andyboro View Post

All I have to add is that my best friend has an I-Phone and would swap it for my touch diamond in a heartbeat..

nuff said lol
hahaha word, i have a buddy that gets fustrated when i take my touch pro out when he shows his iphone3g, he like, damn man... let me have some of the glory.....

but on aserious note, if i could get an iphone cheap to play with i would get one (not replacing my pro obviouslly) but i really do like the iphone and wouldnt mind having one

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
2008, iphone, mobile, sold, windows