Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 AM
pyrobug pyrobug is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro | iPhone
Mobile Carrier: Alltel | AT&T
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View pyrobug's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pyrobug's Photo Album Add pyrobug's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
GPS with voice guided turns for the iPhone

I was listening to a podcast this morning and a mention was made about an application for jailbroken iPhones that would give you voice guided gps functions. The podcast did not mention the name of the application or where it could be found. Have any of you heard of such and application? If so, where can I find it?
The Following User Says Thank You to pyrobug For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GPS with voice guided turns for the iPhone

“ Originally Posted by pyrobug View Post

I was listening to a podcast this morning and a mention was made about an application for jailbroken iPhones that would give you voice guided gps functions. The podcast did not mention the name of the application or where it could be found. Have any of you heard of such and application? If so, where can I find it?
if im not mistaking wouldnt be in the download area since very few apps are actually installed into the iphone......
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
pyrobug pyrobug is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro | iPhone
Mobile Carrier: Alltel | AT&T
Mobile OS: 6.1

View pyrobug's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pyrobug's Photo Album Add pyrobug's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GPS with voice guided turns for the iPhone

The iPhone does not have voice guided GPS.

There have been a couple of applications developed for that iPhone that offer this but Apple will not allow them.

I heard that one of the applications has been cracked and is available but I can't find it anywhere.

I believe the names of the applications are TeleNav and CoPilot. They were demonstrated at some developers' conference.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gps, guided, iphone, turns, voice