Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM
DaRedLight DaRedLight is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View DaRedLight's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DaRedLight's Photo Album Add DaRedLight's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Heads up

I have been toying with this idea for a while, ever since I began using ThrottleLock. An application that I find quite convienent and ingenius! I posted from here, to ppcge...s, to xda. It then dawned on me...the source! Here is a email sent directly to the creator of ThrottleLauncher/ThrottleLock, and his response. Who knows!? Maybe something to look forward to in the next version.

APBilbo
Administrator Join Date: Feb 2008

Re: A Really Good Idea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRedLight
I had an experience where one was trying to unlock my phone by trying various patterns. Fortunately, they were unsuccessful. This account did spawn the thought...How hard would it be to implement a function within the Throttle Lock where after one or more incorrect patterns entered, an alarm would sound! Similar to the clock alarm setting...or a sound/ringtone downloaded. This would increase the security and deter further attempts! Any ideas and or support would be appreciated.

It's a really cool idea ;-). I'll think of it. I was thinking of a 2 minutes delay after the third attempt.... but the alarm sound is really cool too .

Thanks!!

If you like may app show me how much . Donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaRedLight For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Heads up

yeah thats, kool, but another way to go, that i would like personally is some sort of lockout setting, where you can change the number of pattern attempts, say from 3, 5 and 7 or something, and whenever a pattern is enerterd wrong for (however many you set it for) that phone locks itself down, and no more attempts can be made for like 5 - 10 minutes (itd be cool to have a lockout time setting feature also)...kinda like a bank atm or something... and that way, sa if your not around to hear the alarm, your still protected...

just takin your idea and running with it a lil, of the top... but still... i like!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alarm, heads, mobile, security, throttlelauncher, throttlelock