Sprint Palm Pre

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-08-2009, 12:55 PM
barthoogi barthoogi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View barthoogi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View barthoogi's Photo Album Add barthoogi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Palm Pre

hey i heard from someone that the palm pre is coming out for sprint on feb 15 and its a basically if close to anything with its new os its close to the android os very easy to use and bright and keeps your attention. i was just wondering if it will have WIFI capability for the sprint version b/c ussually sprint phones dont ya digg
Old 02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Palm Pre

I think it has wifi but im not sure

Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

should have wifi on it.... most windows devices through sprint do now a days...... the last that didnt was the touch.... the mogul, touch pro, diamond, newer treos, all have wifi..... but does sprint really need it if you think about it ? the data speeds are ridiculous in my area so i never use it on my touch pro beides when im using wmwifirouter.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sheendog's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sheendog's Photo Album Add sheendog's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the pre does have wifi ** link deleted it was not coded**.. i have a ? the pre shows a pic for your contact in threaded sms chats is there a wmobile app that does that?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch by HTC

View anomoly's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anomoly's Photo Album Add anomoly's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

from what i've seen the Pre does have Wifi - like others have said, with RevA it's not really needed.

Comparing WebOS to Android is apples to Oranges IMO, the WebOS (as demonstrated) seems MUCH more polished and seems to have a lot of potential out of the box, now that they will also be adding flash this gets better and better.

As far as Feb 15th release, not sure where you got that info, there was a leaked document that said it should be instores by March 15th but just because it's in the store doesn't mean that they will start selling them that day. Could mean that they want to pre-stock the ... pre -

Most educated guesses (as no one really knows at this point) point to late May early June -

It looks like a great phone - i'm waiting for the WM6.5 to come out to hold me over until the Pre release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anomoly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 AM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My girlfriends dad is looking to upgrade phones for work and the pre is one of the phones he has an option to buy. According to the site he showed me (which was some sprint business site) showed that it comes out on the 15th or 16th of March I beleive.
The Following User Says Thank You to trentonmac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by trentonmac View Post

My girlfriends dad is looking to upgrade phones for work and the pre is one of the phones he has an option to buy. According to the site he showed me (which was some sprint business site) showed that it comes out on the 15th or 16th of March I beleive.
yup thats the day that they want it to be released on but that rarely happens with sprint and they usually push it back some.....
Old 02-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so do you think that this phone will be able to add diffrent apps like windows phones
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mikewhooo View Post

so do you think that this phone will be able to add diffrent apps like windows phones
Any phone OS is going to have the capability to add applications. Its just windows games and apps are the easiest to "adjust" for free use since windows has been around for soooo long and there are so many people that have been "adjusting" windows products for years. Its always gonna be this way, its just the way windows is built.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM

yes, they are going the route of android and the iphone with giving the source code out to developers so they can build easily right from that..... this means many developers are going to be jumping into the game.... development may come slow for a while though since for all of 2009 sprint will be the only one with it but than when other carriers get the device and more people start building for it more will get released :> will just take some time like the iphone and andriod is taking since both are new devices and dont have the name apple to give them reps and persuade people to buy.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dash you got to play with one yet? if so what you tink
Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this s#it is like an iphone for grownups... im defenetlly getting one of these

Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM

dash you got to play with one yet? if so what you tink
naw just seen videos of them........ i will prolly get one and as mike said already its like the iphone for grownups meaning that it will be fin and business at the same time.... kind of like the mullet.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

naw just seen videos of them........ i will prolly get one and as mike said already its like the iphone for grownups meaning that it will be fin and business at the same time.... kind of like the mullet.
Lmao laugh of the day... i just pictured you in a mullet....

Edit: I believe that we need to rename or up-to-date the "palm treo section" to like Palm, Palm Pre, or WebOS section cuz i defenetlly want to bring the future Palm Pre goodies here also (more platforms, more exposure imo)

Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

Lmao laugh of the day... i just pictured you in a mullet....
hahahahhaah for sure and i just noticed something.... is the asian chic in your signature knocked up? and me in a mullet would just be messed up and quote scary to tell the truth hahaa. ( i had one for 1 week freshman year..... the whole football team did it)
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
palm, pre, sprint