Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Microsoft: No plans for second Windows 7 beta

Microsoft has confirmed that it won't issue a second beta of Windows 7, saying that the next test version of the operating system will be a near-final release candidate.

Windows engineering head Steven Sinofsky announced the move in a blog posting on Friday, confirming that Microsoft would stick to earlier plans for just a single beta.

"The next milestone for the development of Windows 7 is the Release Candidate or 'RC,'" Sinofsky wrote. "Historically the Release Candidate has signaled 'we're pretty close and we want people to start testing the release, especially because all the features are done.'"

Microsoft released the feature-complete beta version earlier this month and general computer users have until February 10 to download the software. (Click on the video at right to hear me talk Windows 7 on CNET Editors' Office Hours.)

Sinofsky didn't say when to expect a release candidate, or the final release, though the company is believed to still be aiming to have the operating system ready to go on PCs in time for this year's holiday shopping season.

Although that is believed to be the goal, Microsoft has told partners that it is still too soon to commit for a 2009 release and it could yet be pushed into early 2010. Officially, Microsoft has said that it will have Windows 7 out within three years of the general availability of Windows Vista, which hit its two-year anniversary on Thursday.

For his part, Sinofsky encouraged people not too read to much into his posting.

"This post is in no way an announcement of a ship date, change in plans, or change in our previously described process, but rather it provides additional detail and a forward looking view of the path to (release)."

Meanwhile, Microsoft is moving ahead with plans for a second service pack for Windows Vista, which is due out next quarter, ahead of Windows 7.

think its good thing this anouncenment that means there are not much bugs or fall backs in the system of windows 7 good news cant whait to see the final releas

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Microsoft: No plans for second Windows 7 beta

Yo....is there a new release for beta out ...... like a newer one that would be closer to release. Like will there be a Beta 2? ..... I KiLL MySELF!

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Microsoft: No plans for second Windows 7 beta

“ Originally Posted by big jew View Post

yo....is there a new release for beta out ...... Like a newer one that would be closer to release. Like will there be a beta 2? ..... I kill myself!
hi now new releas the only beta is the one i posted here windows 7 have no big bugs or system crashes so the whant to work @ the final releas of 7 and on the service pack 2 for vista think its a good thing and if you incounter any hacks or cracks i now there a crakt ones and ou there bud don trust it to set the timernuke of dont use them there not good and make your system crash friend of my dit it he even had to recover his vista bootup btmgr whas srewt up if you incounter any new builds like 7022 crash the aint good just whait 2010 lol oke bigjew lets countdown to the releas lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beta, microsoft, plans, windows