ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Replacement Touch Pros with Yellowish screens

Hey has anybody else had this issue...so I originally got a new touch pro via mail with a nice crisp, white, and brilliant screen...had some issues with phone so I got a replacement via mail today and I noticed phone did not seem crystal clear...I thought maybe it was just me and maybe my eyes had adjusted to VGA quality screens now...but than I put my first pro side by side to this new one I got as a replacement and the screen are definitely a different tone...both at same backlight screen brightness...I have talked to Big Jew and he is aware of issue and we have seen that this is a known issue with screens across different htc devices such as the pro and the diamond...people are talking about all over other forums such as ppcgeeks and XDA-developers...unfortunately Sprint Advanced Technical Support is not aware of the issue but the last rep. I talked to has ordered me another new touch pro and I will see if it happens again...from what I have seen online I see alot of supposed answers from different users...nothing definitive yet... I have heard that the difference is that HTC has 2 different companies manufacturing the screen...others say that new build of phone in 2009 has darker tone screen than 2008 models, but both my phones have same manufacturer build date and I had the 2nd one 2 weeks from first one...others say that once the lcd crystal inside gets heated up it will turn back to normal (some have reported success in one week, others almost up to a month with this resolution)...but maybe its because they have no other phone to compare with and my original phone was crisp and white screen out of the box.

HERE ARE MY PICS BELOW!

This is a known issue in the pocket pc world...but seems to knot be known by carriers as of yet...lol

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Replacement Touch Pros with Yellowish screens

new models of tp it hink are gonna have red instead of green on the hard keyboard,
and just like the touch new models have a darker tone to them...some people gotta get thru phones to get the right one lol believe i seen it happen alot, just keep switching them untill you gt the right one **** it u not paying for it lol
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
The Man with the Plan!

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nope broski...keys are same color on this new phone I Got today...so that can't be it...but the screen is killin me and everything is not as crisp or clear either.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Shizzile on the WIzzel
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT phone on MTS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 2,069 Times in 450 Posts

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You can most deff see the differance even in those pictures... It would drive me nuts as well, My wifes Touch has like a oily looking shit inthe screen that would make me crazy but she does not ever seem to mind... I told her to switch to my touch as I put a brand new screen in it... nope...lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that would drive me insane as well...... but this is a very common problem even with the moguls and the vogues this was a common trouble with replacements...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

nope broski...keys are same color on this new phone I Got today...so that can't be it...but the screen is killin me and everything is not as crisp or clear either.
not the one got today maybe but according to this pic on htc.com lol says otherwise:

Code

http://www.htc.com/us/product.aspx?id=71530
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM
The Man with the Plan!

I have a new touch pro coming to me today according to latest UPS tracking results...also, according to the last Sprint Advanced Technical Support Associate I spoke with about screen issues...he says that they yellowish screens are not a wide spread known issue...but it is small according to him and Sprint is aware of the issue. He confirms that this is not a norm among new batched phones and this is not the way the new screen should look like, but there are just simply bad models with faulty color displays...he assures me that it should not happen again and that I just got a bad one out the bunch....well I will confirm that for myself when I get this new phone today!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have a new touch pro coming to me today according to latest UPS tracking results...also, according to the last Sprint Advanced Technical Support Associate I spoke with about screen issues...he says that they yellowish screens are not a wide spread known issue...but it is small according to him and Sprint is aware of the issue. He confirms that this is not a norm among new batched phones and this is not the way the new screen should look like, but there are just simply bad models with faulty color displays...he assures me that it should not happen again and that I just got a bad one out the bunch....well I will confirm that for myself when I get this new phone today!
keep us informed and hopefully this one will be good for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
The Man with the Plan!

I got my 3rd phone today and it seems like the third time is the charm...screen seems to be alright...

Old 02-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I also received a new touch pro for a replacement of my old one. I put them side by side and indeed they differed. I exchanged it the same way that the mogul users have been doing to get touch pros; online. I been wanting to contact sprint about it, but haven't had time. Would you happen to have the direct number where I can call to get this sorted out?
My new build at least had the home key flush with the screen, unlike my old one.

thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
The Man with the Plan!

Just call customer care and ask to be transferred to Advanced Technical Support and explain your issue to them....and about my last post...STRIKE THAT...last night I realized I did not raze the brightness on my old pro after I hard reset it to prepare it to get sent back to Sprint, so after I did that I noticed that my old Pro screen was still brighter than my latest and newest Touch Pro I received...so the third time is not the charm...the new one is a whole lot brighter than the second one I received, so I'll give ya that...but I switched over to the new one and am sending the first one I got along with second back to Sprint...and when that rep. calls me tomorrow and asks how the phone was I will explain to her about screen issues and see if I can get another phone sent to me...and hopefully the fourth time is the charm. But with the first phone sent back I won't have that phone to compare my screen with I'll just have to see if the fourth one is brighter than the third one which is the present one I am using...

Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 PM

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

I also received a new touch pro for a replacement of my old one. I put them side by side and indeed they differed. I exchanged it the same way that the mogul users have been doing to get touch pros; online. I been wanting to contact sprint about it, but haven't had time. Would you happen to have the direct number where I can call to get this sorted out?
My new build at least had the home key flush with the screen, unlike my old one.

thanks.
just take a look for a thread named sprint direct numbers and that will give you all the numbers you can need with no waiting time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2009, 02:15 AM
The Man with the Plan!

after I got the Touch Pro replacement and it had a yellowish screen color, well I called SPRINT ATS and they decided to send me another replacement and I received it and it had alittle brighter screen but it is still yellowish. I have googled this and seen that there are issues across the board with touch pros and diamonds having yellowish screen. I don't know what to do but I have attached a few pictures of my original phone plus the 2 replacements side by side so you can see the difference between the screen resolutions for yourself...they all have brightness turned all the way up at same level and have been reset a few times and the first one I have which is the one I was trying to replace still has the only white and bright display as you will see int the pictures!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 AM

after I got the Touch Pro replacement and it had a yellowish screen color, well I called SPRINT ATS and they decided to send me another replacement and I received it and it had alittle brighter screen but it is still yellowish. I have googled this and seen that there are issues across the board with touch pros and diamonds having yellowish screen. I don't know what to do but I have attached a few pictures of my original phone plus the 2 replacements side by side so you can see the difference between the screen resolutions for yourself...they all have brightness turned all the way up at same level and have been reset a few times and the first one I have which is the one I was trying to replace still has the only white and bright display as you will see int the pictures!

first of all is it creepy that i have the same comforter on my bed that you do? and second damn your just not having any luck.... i would send the pics to one of the reps on the screen brightness screen so she can see you aint bullshitting and than have them check one out and when verified to have no yellow send it out to you..... with sprint if you have picture proof they are more willing to work with you......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

first of all is it creepy that i have the same comforter on my bed that you do? and second damn your just not having any luck.... i would send the pics to one of the reps on the screen brightness screen so she can see you aint bullshitting and than have them check one out and when verified to have no yellow send it out to you..... with sprint if you have picture proof they are more willing to work with you......
hahaha, sorry for crappin the thread but i don't think its creepy that d/\sh and iceman have the same comforter, but it is a little creepy that you both have an old lady comforter :-D

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2009, 03:57 PM

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

hahaha, sorry for crappin the thread but i don't think its creepy that d/\sh and iceman have the same comforter, but it is a little creepy that you both have an old lady comforter :-D
hahahahah had it leftover from the ex-fiance and why have it go to waste?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 PM
The Man with the Plan!

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahahah had it leftover from the ex-fiance and why have it go to waste?
lol to Dash and shownuf...well when I graduated from college and got my own crib I took my bed and the comforters my mother had bought for me that year...lol, which was just under 2 years ago in 2007...lol....so I didn't by it myself...and yes I am having no luck...I already sealed up the second replacement in return envelope and it is set to go out tomorrow...currently I am using the third replacement because except for its darker toned screen it is working better than my first phone which had the normal white screen. So I sent that Sprint Advanced Technical Support rep. who gave me her email my pics and this was our conversation below via email and after she left her last comment yesterday early evening I am still waiting for her response...

“ Quote ”

ICEM/\N: Hello Linda...I sent you an email on Monday right after I got the Touch Pro replacement and it had a yellowish screen color, well I called SPRINT ATS and they decided to send me another replacement and I received it and it had alittle brighter screen but it is still yellowish. I have googled this and seen that there are issues across the board with touch pros and diamonds having yellowish screen. I don't know what to do but I have attached a few pictures of my original phone plus the 2 replacements side by side so you can see the difference between the screen resolutions for yourself...they all have brightness turned all the way up at same level and have been reset a few times and the first one I have which is the one I was trying to replace still has the only white and bright display as you will see int the pictures! Please call me back as soon as possible on my Sprint phone number or AT&T number!

Sprint Lady: Well from the pictures you've sent it looks like there is one that is white like it's supposed to be. Are you having any other problems with any of the phones? I would love to call but they're cutting back on call backs for us at this center so I will have to make due with this for now. If you are having any other problems please let me know. But from the pictures you sent it looks like the latest replacement fixed the yellow screen issue. Or if you just let me know what you want me to do I'll go ahead and get things started over here.

Thank you for being so patient with me. I promise I will make it right if I can.

ICEM/\N: LOL,no, as I said, the white screen was my first phone....the replacements were the ones with yellow screens.

Sprint Lady: Oh! nice! Ok let me do some research and see what I can do then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 08:35 PM
The Man with the Plan!

So the Sprint lady called me today and told me that there was nothing she could do but that she had researched the issue and said that Sprint is now aware of the issue and claims that almost all the phones will have this issue because HTC was experimenting on making the phones screens even better and that the result produced a side effect with models having yellowish tinted screens.....well she said that now when a customer calls about issue they can send 1 replacement and if the customer has same issue they have to refer customers directly to HTC...so she gave me their numbers and this below is what I found out and emailed back to her my findings while talking to a HTC technical associate....

“ Quote ”

well just reporting back to you from HTC...the first number you the SPRINT GIRL gave me was closed on weekends but the second number off the website was open and I got on the phone with a technical support rep. from HTC and I explained to him my whole 2 replacement Touch Pros dilemma and the issues I have been having with the yellow screens on the last 2. Well when I was done he said he had not heard of this issue with the Sprint Touch Pros yet, but he is aware of it for the Sprint Touch Dimaonds, He explained that there was nothing he could do but refer me to another HTC number which was closed on the weekends which was the same number that I told him the Sprint Advanced Technical representative had given me. He told me to call tomorrow during their business hours on that number and they should be able to explain the issue better to me and further assist me with the matter. He had no idea of what they would be able to do for me though. I asked him, Touch Pros aside, since he know this was an issue with the Touch Diamond; then what was the resolution for the Diamonds. The HTC associate said that he, in fact, had a "printout," from his company stating that when they initially had the Touch Diamonds manufactured, that the company who produced the LCD screen for the Touch Diamond could not produce the quantity needed by HTC within their needed deadlines so HTC sought to have these LCD screens produced by different vendors and some of those LCD screens had yellowish screens and this was a problem that HTC is aware of..so according to what the HTC associate had to say about the Diamond I can only assume that HTC has done the same thing with the Touch Pro. So I will call that number either tomorrow or Tuesday morning and see what they can do or I will see if they can disappoint me like I expect them to do.

I will let you guys now about progress within this thread...keep me and my phone in your prayers...

Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 AM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

funny thing Ice, out of pure curiosity i decided to compare my TP with the hubby's and guess what...his has the yellowish screen lol...but being the super lame and laid back guy he is he didnt think much of it..infact he didnt even care...lol its a good thing it wasnt mine cuz i would be freakin pist! lol i guess its kinda dissapointing to see these awesome pieces of art(touch pros) to have these dumb little flaws that just crap ur dreams mellow...oh well...anywho best of luck with ur TP Ice..hope u get one with the brightest screen possible luv ya!
The Following User Says Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View carlo71's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View carlo71's Photo Album Add carlo71's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

glad i have alltel , mine is whiter than me!!!:toothy9: however maybe sprint has yellow screens now because their logo is yellow.. lol!! hope everything works out great for ya!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pros, replacement, screens, touch, yellowish