Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-15-2009, 01:42 AM
jtology jtology is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Herald
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jtology's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jtology's Photo Album Add jtology's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Check out my phone lock set-up

For whatever its worth to anyone, here's what I did on my htc Touch Pro. I installed throttle lock, set my unlock pattern to a simple pattern. I then copied the throttle lock skin pngs to my desktop, opened them up with photoshop, made them transparent and replaced the ones on my phone with the new ones. I also replaced "back.png" to a png image of a lock I found on xda (resized to 240x340). I then edited skin.xml to make clock font size 36 and set clock time to "h:mm" for 12 hour format. Lastly, I installed "Don't Touch Me" alarm software (which is Gsensor based) and set it to open automatically run ThrottleLock when I arm it.

Code

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-dont-touch-me.html
I made a shortcut to Don't Touch me and one for Throttle Lock on my programs menu and whenever I want to lock/arm my phone.. I can either choose the throttle shortcut for a simple lock of the phone or the Don't Touch Me shortcut to lock and arm it. Once armed, the phone locks with throttle lock and the phones gsensor picks up any phone movement and triggers the Don't Touch Me warning sound (you can custom the sound), continued movement triggers an alarm (also customizable) and there is no way to lower the volume or access the phone programs without unlocking throttlelock and disarming Don't Touch me (which can be set with or without a code). Since I made all pngs transparent, there are no ugly pattern dots on the Throttle Lock screen. Just a nice graphic of a lock and the time. You should have seen my girlfriends face when she tried to access my phone after I stepped away for a minute. It was hilarious! Anyway, this scheme works great for me so I thought I'd share it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jtology For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Check out my phone lock set-up

Fixed your post, you got an error because you don't have permission to post links until 5 posts. And when you do, make sure you add a code wrap to them by hitting the green spinning cog wheel with the url highlighted. Also, post up some pics or a video or something showing your setup and I'll add em to the first post and move to the appropriate forum.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
check, lock, phone, setup