Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
mrpants20 mrpants20 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Editorial: Ten reasons why Windows Mobile 65 misses the mark

I haven't seen this on here yet, sorry if I missed it. Saw this yesterday...

Code

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/18/editorial-ten-reasons-why-windows-mobile-6-5-misses-the-mark/

Edit: Maybe its just me but for some reason every single thread I create that has a decimal in the title NEVER shows up, and it looks like I always mistype. I don't understand what the deal is because I know I originally included it, and even edited to be there, but still doesn't show....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Editorial: Ten reasons why Windows Mobile 65 misses the mark

very interesting article with some good points and some weaker points and the reason for that happening is a hack that pb has for the titles...... very normal for all of us to suffer from but you get used to it really quick and dont even notice that it takes all symbols from the titles automatically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

interesting article... truthfully wm6.5 never really piqued my interest from jumpstreet, and after reading this article Im even less interested if possible... I knew it was same old os in new clothing...like the old kids book the emperors new clothes...lol!

Seriously, when I had the vogue, and the windows 6.1 update became available a lot of the interest and excitment behind that was the additions coming with it like rev A and GPS activation... but with this, its nothing special... i really could care less about wm OS if i could port office mobile and some outlook features like calander etc to my device and leave the rest of the OS behind, Id be fine... its the hardware itself and the diffent apps and feature all the third party developer, designers, etc bring to the table thats really exciting for me...

one thing the botherd me, about the article, and a recurring theme in the industry im starting to see more and more, is how they keep tryna play our current hardware, like the diamond and pro, as if its some old and obsolete junk... I mean come on, no wm6.5 for us, cuz we got older generation hardware...uuccckk...I highly doubt it too, but its just a reoccur theme I have been noticing latly... really burns my biscuts!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View fonelove's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fonelove's Photo Album Add fonelove's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i kinda liked it, but i don't put that much time into comparing.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
editorial, mark, misses, mobile, reasons, windows