MikeyD MikeyD is offline   Thread Starter  
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
No iPhones iPods at Bill Gatess house

Bill Gates's sprawling Washington state compound is, as you might expect, packed to the gills with bleeding-edge gear, from the heated floors and 20-seat home theater to the X-ray machine (for screening the mail, of course) and miles of fiber-optic cabling. But here's what you definitely won't find at chez Gates: an iPhone.

In the latest issue of Vogue, Bill's wife, Melinda Gates, reveals that among the "very few things" on "the banned list in our household" are—you guessed it—iPods and iPhones.

Brutal, yes—especially for Bill and Melinda's three kids (two daughters and a son, aged 12, six, and nine, respectively), who'll just have to grin and bear it as their little pals make merry with the latest and greatest iPod.

And even Melinda herself admits to an occasional pang of Apple envy: "Every now and then I look at my friends and say, 'Ooh, I wouldn't mind having that iPhone.'" (Ouch!)

Then again, what else did we expect from Microsoft founder Bill Gates? The man has his pride, not to mention scores of Windows Mobile and Zune team members who'd probably feel a tad bit hurt if Bill Jr. was running around with an iPhone.

So, which phones and MP3 players are on the Gates's "good-to-go" list? Well, there's always the Zune for music and video—not the sexiest MP3 player out there, mind you, but at least it's got Wi-Fi and a snazzy interface.

And of course, there are plenty of Windows Mobile handsets to choose from; personally, I'd go for the Palm Treo Pro (if I had to get a Windows Mobile phone, that is), although it's not exactly a barrel of fun for the teens. Or how about the HTC Touch Pro? That's a pretty cool phone … I guess (as I pat the iPhone 3G in my jeans pocket).

Tell me what you guys think?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View blink182fka6's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blink182fka6's Photo Album Add blink182fka6's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: No iPhones iPods at Bill Gatess house

maybe obama will make this a nationwide ban

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats insane and im suprised that she admitted to wanting one and all publicly.... but its all good i dont see why he would ban them to tell the truth. its not like he is going to loose any money or anything.... btu pretty good article overall and to me technology is technology and if your kids or wife wants to mess with it than let them.... also the reason the apple may be farther ahead and quicker than microsoft at releasing could be because he isnt looking at their progress and testing off that... just my 2 cents :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
MikeyD MikeyD is offline   Thread Starter  
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thats insane and im suprised that she admitted to wanting one and all publicly.... but its all good i dont see why he would ban them to tell the truth. its not like he is going to loose any money or anything.... btu pretty good article overall and to me technology is technology and if your kids or wife wants to mess with it than let them.... also the reason the apple may be farther ahead and quicker than microsoft at releasing could be because he isnt looking at their progress and testing off that... just my 2 cents :>
Yea i thought it was pretty crazy too, but at the same time if owned a company i wouldnt want my family buy my competators crap, but but if i was as rich as him i probably i wouldnt care, i would own at least one of everything lol

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gatess, house, iphones, ipods