Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
njkid32 njkid32 is offline   Thread Starter  
Here to help
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View njkid32's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View njkid32's Photo Album Add njkid32's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Touch Pro or Diamond

I am sorry if there are 10000 threads about this but I couldnt even find one.

Anyway, I've been using the TP for about 2 weeks now and am not sure if I like it all that much. This is my second one btw cuz my first one had screen separation issues. So I have a Diamond on its way to me to compare. I just thought I'd ask ahead and get some insight between the 2 phones.

I came from a Touch so I am used to not having the keyboard. In fact I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out one. If the keyboard is the only difference between the 2 phones then maybe I should go with the Diamond.

So please share your thoughts on this. Which phone would you prefer if given the option.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Touch Pro or Diamond

“ Originally Posted by njkid32 View Post

I am sorry if there are 10000 threads about this but I couldnt even find one.

Anyway, I've been using the TP for about 2 weeks now and am not sure if I like it all that much. This is my second one btw cuz my first one had screen separation issues. So I have a Diamond on its way to me to compare. I just thought I'd ask ahead and get some insight between the 2 phones.

I came from a Touch so I am used to not having the keyboard. In fact I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out one. If the keyboard is the only difference between the 2 phones then maybe I should go with the Diamond.

So please share your thoughts on this. Which phone would you prefer if given the option.

Thanks!
there are more difference, the touch pro comes out of the box with the capability for av out to your tv (nice for car tv if you have) , the diamond doesnt have a sd card slot and only has 4 gigs of internal memory, the keyboard as you said, dont get landscape mode in touchflo 3d.... i myslef would stay with the touch pro, i have both and wouldnt go back to the diamond unless it was an emergency, but im a big keyboard person too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Here to help

View njkid32's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View njkid32's Photo Album Add njkid32's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Explained perfectly! Thanks D/\SH..

I just wasnt to sure of all the differences between the 2. So I'll have an extra Diamond to sell off or give to my cousin lol..

I put the clear hard case on my TP the other day which has now made it a little bulkier but, overall this is a great phone. Other than the battery not lasting more than a day for me. I've never had a phone that I had to charge twice in one day lol.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:36 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Explained perfectly! Thanks D/\SH..

I just wasnt to sure of all the differences between the 2. So I'll have an extra Diamond to sell off or give to my cousin lol..

I put the clear hard case on my TP the other day which has now made it a little bulkier but, overall this is a great phone. Other than the battery not lasting more than a day for me. I've never had a phone that I had to charge twice in one day lol.
go to a custom rom, i get through 18 hours plus easy under moderate to heavy everyday use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Here to help

I'm running Conflippers TP rom right now. But have tried a few others. Its still new so I'm trying different rom's till I find the one I like.

The one thing that kept me on this rom is the picture mail actually works. On most of the other TP rom's I was unable to send pics at all. But, still playing around..
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM

I'm running Conflippers TP rom right now. But have tried a few others. Its still new so I'm trying different rom's till I find the one I like.

The one thing that kept me on this rom is the picture mail actually works. On most of the other TP rom's I was unable to send pics at all. But, still playing around..
try the mightyrom... works fine....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

and definitely take a look at taylorspj's tweaks/hacks thread cause his battery tweaks significantly increase the battery life on any rom

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i went from touch to a pro, i had debated about the diamond but wanted an external sd slot and a keyboard..........
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Shizzile on the WIzzel
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT phone on MTS

Thanked 2,069 Times in 450 Posts

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I still get 2 full days of use out of Juicy's 4.7 rom on normal usage. I wont be changing anytime soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
diamond, pro, touch