Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Can be Judge and Jury

For those of you having difficulties with billing, here is an article about the FCC's regulation of cellular companies.

If you're wondering why mobile phone carriers get away with imposing blatantly unfair policies, there's a simple reason: No one stops them.

If the carriers were to be stopped, the Federal Communications Commission would be doing the stopping. But when a carrier is accused of misbehaving, the FCC has a simple procedure for adjudicating the claim: It simply asks the cell phone company if it's guilty. When the answer is “no,” the case is closed.

Imagine a world where judges simply ask defendants accused of stealing if they are guilty. The jails would be pretty empty. So it is with cell phone companies. I know this first-hand. Let me share my story of an encounter with the FCC’s kangaroo court after a deeply troubling incident of being billed for months after I’d closed my account.

The complete article can be found here:

Code

http://redtape.msnbc.com
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Can be Judge and Jury

Interesting article. Unfortunately, the author is completely right. However, one thing I know about life is "pick your battles." Dealing with corporations and unfair practices is one of those that I avoid because there are enough frustrations in my life. So, I read a little fine print, and learn hopefully enough to avoid this kind of thing. So props on the article, cause now I know, and knowing is half the battle!:PDT_Armataz_45:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Can be Judge and Jury

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Interesting article. Unfortunately, the author is completely right. However, one thing I know about life is "pick your battles." Dealing with corporations and unfair practices is one of those that I avoid because there are enough frustrations in my life. So, I read a little fine print, and learn hopefully enough to avoid this kind of thing. So props on the article, cause now I know, and knowing is half the battle!:PDT_Armataz_45:

I agree...good information and always read the fine print...and lol to the G.I. JOE quote at the end!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
judge, jury, sprint